Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 08:44 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,209,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If it were not for Fox I wouldn't have known NOT to invest in Facebook lol. Fox, you get good info on investing. I do like CNN. MSNBC is too much of a cult "Obama is god" news outlet.
Seriously you shouldn't be playing the stock market if you even considered investing in Facebook, you shouldn't have needed FOX to point that out to you!

Old 10-07-2012, 09:00 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,781,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Seriously you shouldn't be playing the stock market if you even considered investing in Facebook, you shouldn't have needed FOX to point that out to you!
True but that is not the case. I wouldn't have invested in Facebook but thousand of people did. Who in the heck gave the information that made it look like a good investment.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:09 PM

45 posts, read 26,683 times
I would suggest checking out The Young Turks I'm sure many on here will call them a bunch of extreme lefties or whatever junk. But honestly I enjoy them I find them interesting and I like the fact that they do go after both republicans and Democrats. I think it's fairly equal how many times I've seen in the same show they go after obama and romney. Even if they are on Al gore's channel Current Tv they originally started out on public access then moved to youtube where they got famous. If you want to do yourself a favor check them on youtube. The current show tends to be cut down a bit but they have a live show every night M-F 9pm Eastern to 11pm Eastern. Check them out they are definitely worth a look. And in the morning look at Bill Press he is another one that is good. And I don't know but is Judge Napoletano(SP?) still on fox I remember watching him a few times and found him to be rather interesting.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:29 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,235,414 times
It appears many people do not know the difference between hard news and commentary, nor do some know much about Fox News other than "it's a cable news channel" or "it's a right leaning cable news channel".

Fox makes no pretense that they offer both hard news as well as commentaries. It's fairly well known what the schedule is for each - although apparently not by many of the posters here.

"...hard-news programming runs from "9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. on weekdays" and "[is] objective"; however, it makes no such claims for its other broadcasts, which primarily consist of editorial journalism and commentary." [1]

[Note: Times are eastern.]

Fox and Friends, both weekend and weekday editions, is on from 6 AM to 9AM ET. While the show does include some hard news, it is NOT represented by Fox to be a hard news program.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:31 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,122,721 times
You cannot compare Fox to MSNBC. Fox has news programming and shows that are political commentary. MSNBC is pure political commentary.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:32 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,844,964 times
All cable news channels are idiotic IMO. I will not watch any of them and don't have cable so I don't have anyone in my house who might decide to watch them without me knowing.

I can always tell people who watch cable news all day. They are usually very ignorant and uninformed and speak in talking points when you discuss any sort of relevant current event and especially political issues. All these networks are contributing to the dumbing down of our country and none of them is any better than the other.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:42 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,547,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I watched both channels today and I can't do it for more than a couple hours! If this is the best in journalism this country can offer, we are in really bad shape.
For the most part, neither actually offers much in the way of journalism at all, and at least in MSNBC's case, they aren't even pretending to. Instead, they mostly offer opinion shows. If you take them that way, you'll understand them better.

Having said that, I'll admit that Maddow's the only one of the prime-time talkers I have much use for. o'Reilly is okay from time to time, and Sharpton's hilariously amateurish, but not actually good. The rest are, most of the time, just irritating. But they all have their audiences. If you want to hear an angry liberal rant at a chair, you can watch Lawerence O'Donnell. And if you want someone to mindlessly regurgitate Limbaugh and Drudge, you can watch Sean Hannity. And if you want actual news, there are plenty of web sites that offer it, both in the US and internationally.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:12 PM

97 posts, read 418,213 times
Real News Blaze TV Dish Network 212.

Yes it was formally GBTV. And god knows he is on the side to the right.

So only time will tell just how unbaised it will end up being.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,517,585 times
Bbc is great.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:44 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,140,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Bbc is great.
PBS should be renamed comedy central.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies