Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 06:26 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Melissa Harris perry I think, she's pretty smart but she's a serious dem and hand a on air break down a couple months back.

I won't speak on Fox News, no offense but most of them are all idiots IMO. You can see the fear mongering no. Stop with them. The dumb blonde thing is in full effect, catering to the stay at home mom with the hard working husband fearing a changes America.
Prof. Harris-Perry, as well as Chris Hayes, are both very smart, but they have a major advantage as well - they get a 2-hour panel format. Which means that, instead of them yelling for a couple of minutes, and then bringing on a guest or two for a couple more, they get to dig into their selected topic for a good hour if they want to, and explore a few different angles to it. They aren't always right (Hayes, in particular, has been forced to step back a few times), but it's far more interesting than the usual show.

My favorite example of this is in the discussion of NYC's stop and Frisk policy. MHP's segments included activists, former police, and three young black men from Brooklyn who are most affected by the policy. Fox & Friend's guest to discuss this was...Bill O'Reilly, the wealthy old white guy who is completely foreign to the issue. There's no doubt that MHP's show was more informative as to how the policy actually works, and how it actually affects the people who have to deal with it.

Honestly, I'd really like to see Fox grab a couple of smart conservatives, and give them a similar format.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:03 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times
Fox News is not biased- They bring Karl Rove of all people to weigh in on the "issues"- no, not biased at all!

Old 10-08-2012, 08:30 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
It appears many people do not know the difference between hard news and commentary, nor do some know much about Fox News other than "it's a cable news channel" or "it's a right leaning cable news channel".

Fox makes no pretense that they offer both hard news as well as commentaries. It's fairly well known what the schedule is for each - although apparently not by many of the posters here.

"...hard-news programming runs from "9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. on weekdays" and "[is] objective"; however, it makes no such claims for its other broadcasts, which primarily consist of editorial journalism and commentary." [1]

[Note: Times are eastern.]

Fox and Friends, both weekend and weekday editions, is on from 6 AM to 9AM ET. While the show does include some hard news, it is NOT represented by Fox to be a hard news program.
Fox has been pushing this argument for years.

Here's Jon Stewart ripping it to shreds.

For Fox Sake! - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 10/29/09 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Old 10-08-2012, 09:05 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Default Fox News vs MSNBC

The best thing about these two channels is that there are other channels to watch. Please try to remember they are entertainment news channels.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:28 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That's a big B.S.! MSNBC is the most biased network there is! So much propaganda and lies! Give me a break.

That cannot be said of Fox.
Yeah right fox is just the same, they cater to different audiences. If you think fox news isn't bias then it's not much more to say.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times
I get my news from The Onion. Their articles and commentaries are far more fact-based than anything any of those major news channels are reporting.

For example:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/mil...ch-cand,29787/

Or this:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/oba...economy,29782/

Old 10-08-2012, 09:45 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I watched both channels today and I can't do it for more than a couple hours! If this is the best in journalism this country can offer, we are in really bad shape.

MSNBC: These people sound like the Obama's state run network. I love how they always tries to bring these "diverse" panels with a lot of minority people- talk about a bunch of pseudo-intellectual who have no idea what they are talking about- Who is that African American who speaks with a lisp? That woman makes Obama sound like he is GOD- talk about biased, extreme journalism, these people have completely lost touch with reality!

Fox News: What can I say? Watching this channel is like an insult to my intelligence. I was watching a segment of Fox and Friends and it is hard to take those people seriously. They always have some dumb blonde bimbo, with an IQ of about 70, making idiotic comments, you can tell the person has absolutely no idea what she is talking about.

These people have Oliver North working for them They call him a "war on drugs" expert. WHAT?

I could not believe when Ann Coulter mentioned that we bombed Egypt! How can someone this ignorant be one of their top commentators? And they have the audacity to call this channel "Fair and Balanced"?

If that is the best news we can have, then we have become a nation of total morons and they know that. ABSURD!
You guys need to stop watching the political sections of both channels and instead watch the news section. Outside of the news section is just opinionated political fodder filling up dead air.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:57 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,224,716 times
Fox broadcasts hard news. MSNBC is non stop leftist commentary 24/7. On Fox commentary programs many liberals are invited to give their opinions, either as regulars or guests. How many conservatives have been seen on MSNBC recently? All opinions aside, which network has by far the highest ratings? After answering that question, which network is considered more believable becomes quite clear.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:08 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
The best part of MSNBC is watching Chris Mathews melt down on tv each night. I think after this election he will be gone from the airwaves.
Yes, its pretty amazing. Matthews is actually a smart guy but he has gone off the deep end. Talk about narrow minded.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:27 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I watched both channels today and I can't do it for more than a couple hours! If this is the best in journalism this country can offer, we are in really bad shape.

If that is the best news we can have, then we have become a nation of total morons and they know that. ABSURD!
Who said it's the best in journalism?
Try reading instead of "watching cable".
They used to call it a newspaper

Now I hear, they even have this thing, where you can READ articles on a computer - go figure

And, if you want that editorial stuff, just go to huff live where you'll even get
some regular folks instead of the high paid crowd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies