Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 12:33 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,796,444 times

Advertisements

[quote=jt800;26427463]Liberals come here and say stuff they can't even back up.[quote]

I swear they act like the mother watching a video of her son killing someone and then goes straight into denial saying: He's a good boy. He would never do that. I just know it.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:39 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,423,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Hey FF,

You've squirmed and twisted desperately every which way to try and discredit this story. You attacked me with claims of copyright violations. You've attacked the news source. You've attacked us Conservatives with claims of partisanship. You name it, but the only tact you haven't tried is calling it racist (congratulations by the way).

It seem to me that your zeal to attempt to silence this story is based only on your own partisanship and man-crush on Obama.

I am quite sure that had a similar incident happened under Bush's watch, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

My point is that the very fact that you are bending over backwards so vehemently to shut this story down PROVES you actually DO realize how damning it is for Obama.
Well, you did have copyright violations; your posts/threads were either deleted or edited. Copyright violations as blantant as yours does put CD in jeopardy because it actually is a legal issue.

I POINTED OUT that the news source was quoting Unnamed Sources. If the source had had any valid named sources the article would have been more credible. Knowing the MOTIVE of the unnamed source/sources is important. I mean, isn't that why whistleblowers in this country are almost never able to find a job after they report their stories....doesn't the company or agency claim that the whistleblower was just DISGRUNTLED and being revengeful? Why is it not possible that an "intelligence official" to be DISGRUNTLED over some personal issue? Jt, you'd never make a good investigator.

As for conservatives, many seem to be very inconsistent when it comes to news reporting. I've seen it over and over again here that they constantly say they do not believe anything from the MSM, or liberal media, and they post time and time again that the liberal media is "protecting Obama," YET when that same media which they find so offensive comes out with a story which is negative to Obama and it's based on quotes from "unnamed" sources, there is not even a hint of incredulity from those same people.

I don't have any "man-crush" on Obama. I'm not sure what "man-cursh" means though in all honesty, but I thought it was like one man having a crush on another man. Bottom line, however, is that I don't have any kind of crush on Obama. I'm actually not all that happy with some of the things he has done.

The word you're looking for is tenacious, not "vehemently"
I can indeed be very tenacious when I see something as not fair,
unjust.

As for Bush, I don't know and don't remember.

I certainly realize that this issue, with all the speculation at the moment, is negative for Obama, which is why I'm pointing out that there is a lot of speculation and information from UNNAMED SOURCES. I've also stated that I think a Congressional investigation is a good thing, and that their investigation and report should contain far more "evidence" than Unnamed Sources.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:42 PM

[quote=softblueyz;26428434][quote=jt800;26427463]Liberals come here and say stuff they can't even back up.
Quote:

I swear they act like the mother watching a video of her son killing someone and then goes straight into denial saying: He's a good boy. He would never do that. I just know it.
That's a bit Extreme. Hate liberals much or just Obama?

Old 10-08-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That is your problem - you assume things - and tend to be wrong.

You are politicizing the issue because you are assigning political motivations to me in order to deflect from the issue.

Americans died unneccesarily on 9/11/12 in Benghazi. Libya.

That is because of policy - not politics.
I'm not wrong regarding what I've read in your posts. The politicizing began with the OP and has proceeded from there.

WHAT POLICY caused the deaths in Benghazi, specifically?

The HARSH reality is that Americans "die unnecessarily" every day of the year. I don't think that the Ambassador would want his death being used to try to defeat Obama in the upcoming election. Nobody seems to be considering him in this whole thing. He, according to his family, LOVED his work, and certainly he was a smart man and knew the risks involved. If I see a document from Stevens to government asking for immediate upgrade of security or more security for 9/11, and it was specifically refused, then I'm likely to change my mind about this issue.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 10-08-2012 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-08-2012, 12:57 PM

[quote=FancyFeast5000;26428580][quote=softblueyz;26428434]
Quote:
Liberals come here and say stuff they can't even back up.

That's a bit Extreme. Hate liberals much or just Obama?
You continue to keep it political and I'll continue to see it as a matter of security. It just happened that Benghazi happened on Obama's watch. I don't care if it was on a Republican's watch.

HATE liberals or just Obama? Using the word hate is extreme. I've hated 2 people in my life and with good reason. Neither one of them was a liberal, nor was Obama one of them.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Apologize for attacking the messenger when the investigation shows that I was right from the beginning.
I don't think I've been attacking you. I've simply pointed out your copyright violations, the inconsistency of many conservatives regarding what they read in the "liberal media," also pointed out that your choices of copy and paste certainly seemed biased and misleading. In fact, I've agreed with you that a Congressional investigation is a good thing.

When the investigation shows that I was right, will you apologize to me?

Old 10-08-2012, 01:02 PM

[quote=softblueyz;26428791][quote=FancyFeast5000;26428580]
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post

You continue to keep it political and I'll continue to see it as a matter of security. It just happened that Benghazi happened on Obama's watch. I don't care if it was on a Republican's watch.

HATE liberals or just Obama? Using the word hate is extreme. I've hated 2 people in my life and with good reason. Neither one of them was a liberal, nor was Obama one of them.
Jt is continuing to keep it political, along with other anti-Obama people.

So you're an Obama supporter. Who knew?

Old 10-08-2012, 01:29 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,727,905 times
Keep on spinning like you've been throughout this entire thread and you're going to make yourself sick FF.

I can see you are the partisan one who won't even admit that Obama could have possibly EVER done anything wrong in his entire lifetime.

Oh...and about that copyright stuff.....you're simply a liar. I looked back and saw you posting in threads where Liberals C&Ped as much if not more than I did and you never had a problem with those threads.

I wouldn't doubt that it was you who ran to the Moderators.

Your hypocrisy on that issue is blatant to the extreme.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:53 PM

[quote=FancyFeast5000;26428859][quote=softblueyz;26428791]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post

Jt is continuing to keep it political, along with other anti-Obama people.

So you're an Obama supporter. Who knew?
I support Obama? You fail to see that several people made it clear it was not a political issue, but an issue regarding security. But because Obama just happens to be at the helm, pro-Obama supporters feel the need to defend him. If there was a republican at the helm you would see the same thing happening in reverse. You would be burying the republican and the republican would have his defenders. And it wouldn't change the fact that the bottom line is: it is not about politics but about security and what went wrong regarding Benghazi. If you can separate the two you would see that.

If there is any evidence of wrong doing by the administration it will not fall to just one or two people, but someone would have to be held responsible - be it Obama and/or Hillary. If there is any evidence, Obama cannot use the the same excuse Holder used regarding F&F: that he didn't know what was taking place. Although, I have to add, he just may not have known because of his failure to attend intelligence meetings and meet with people for intelligence briefings and relied on a summary memo sent to him on his iPad. You don't run a country by passing memos on serious issues when the country is involved in turmoil in multiple countries.

And IF Congress concludes that there is enough evidence to dig deeper they will find more people involved and watch how they all start to turn on each other to save themself.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,340,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I guess you failed to read your own partisan link.

Susan Phalen, spokeswoman for the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence Chairman Rep. Mike Rogers (R., Mich.), said the panel is “reviewing all relevant intelligence and the actions of the [intelligence community], as would be expected of the oversight committee.”
But she noted: “At this point in time it does not appear that there was an intelligence failure.”
If, as you indicate, the woman said there appears to be no intelligence failure, I have a real problem seeing that the failure didn't have to do with the State Department and maybe the White House. I don't think you understood what you quoted. Nice try, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies