Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 12:00 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
This is being reported by Free Beacon....not what I would call the Lamestream Liberal Media.

The LLM are places like the NYT, WashPo, MSNBC, etc.

They are all but on Obama's Campaign Election Committee.

PS: Unnamed sources and whistleblowers are reported all the time by many of those in the Lamestream Liberal Media.......I'll bet you never question that though
So Free Beacon would be baised?

One of your links was to CBS News.

Yes, I do question "unnamed sources" and reserve judgement until some validated evidence shows up somewhere. Like, for example, the Congressional investigation.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:04 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I think you want to hear the negative reports simply because you'd like to see Obama defeated in the election and these sorts of "reports" from "unnamed sources" (many hope) may hurt Obama on election day. I think it is YOUR side who is politicizing this issue. I'm trying to be reasonable and stop the sensationalizing of it. these things because of principle.
That is your problem - you assume things - and tend to be wrong.

You are politicizing the issue because you are assigning political motivations to me in order to deflect from the issue.

Americans died unneccesarily on 9/11/12 in Benghazi. Libya.

That is because of policy - not politics.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:05 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times
Quote:
So Free Beacon would be baised?

A Liberal would claim that of course, but if you read the article, there doesn't seem to be any bias in it.

Did you notice that it mentions a REPUBLICAN saying that it doesn't look like there is a cover-up?

Quote:
One of your links was to CBS News.
Yep. So you don't trust THEM either even though they NAME their source?

Quote:
Yes, I do question "unnamed sources" and reserve judgement until some validated evidence shows up somewhere. Like, for example, the Congressional investigation.
Then stay tuned for that!!

And when they uncover the cover-up with named sources, I expect your apology.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That is your problem - you assume things - and tend to be wrong.

You are politicizing the issue because you are assigning political motivations to me in order to deflect from the issue.

Americans died unneccesarily on 9/11/12 in Benghazi. Libya.

That is because of policy - not politics.

They've worn out calling any criticism of Obama racist.

So now criticizing him over a cover-up of the facts surrounding the terrorist murder of an Ambassador is just "partisan".

Could it be partisan to attack the messengers of bad news for Obama?? Oh NEVER!!! LOL!!!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:15 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
A professional gov. communicator has responsibility for what they say regardless

Rice and that flaky guy at the podium with the glass's who couldn't answer questions to get a pizza delivered...at very least should be fired immediately & out working in the bush or something, Fair is fair.

Last edited by stargazzer; 10-08-2012 at 12:24 PM..

Old 10-08-2012, 12:15 PM

From your first link:

"The State Department issued a statement Monday, saying, “The SST was enlisted to support the re-opening of Embassy Tripoli, to help ensure we had the security necessary as our diplomatic presence grew"......

(the article says that the SST were based in Tripoli and operated there almost exclusively. These people apparently serve on a rotation basis, so when their rotation was finished in Libya Diplomatic Special Security Agents were sent in, therefore, the same level of security was maintained.).....

"So their departure had no impact whatsoever on the total number of fully trained American security personnel in Libya generally, or in Benghazi specifically.”

This contradicts what you say. There is more in your link from an unnamed state department source who says that they must remain unnamed because of the Congressional investigation. So, it certainly seems possible that what Woods has said will or will not be validated via that investigation.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:16 PM

Hey FF,

You've squirmed and twisted desperately every which way to try and discredit this story. You attacked me with claims of copyright violations. You've attacked the news source. You've attacked us Conservatives with claims of partisanship. You name it, but the only tact you haven't tried is calling it racist (congratulations by the way).

It seem to me that your zeal to attempt to silence this story is based only on your own partisanship and man-crush on Obama.

I am quite sure that had a similar incident happened under Bush's watch, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

My point is that the very fact that you are bending over backwards so vehemently to shut this story down PROVES you actually DO realize how damning it is for Obama.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
A Liberal would claim that of course, but if you read the article, there doesn't seem to be any bias in it.

Did you notice that it mentions a REPUBLICAN saying that it doesn't look like there is a cover-up?

Yep. So you don't trust THEM either even though they NAME their source?

Then stay tuned for that!!

And when they uncover the cover-up with named sources, I expect your apology.
I read the article. In fact I read it several times. And I focused on what you chose to copy and paste in your post as well.

Apology for what? I will still consider unnamed sources suspicious in the future.

As for CBS, what makes them different from any other news source? I'll consider what they had to say more credible when there is evidence to back up what they claim unnamed sources told them.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:21 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
I am glad Congress is looking into it, but do they have any evidence to support that claims made by the OP or is that just conjecture at this point?

That still does not pinpoint the blame on the administration. Maybe it was Congress that denied the increased security (I have read that 'claim' as well.). It will come out, but until then it is all 'assumptions', 'claims' and baseless accusations.
Since when did Congress approve or not approve additional security for Embassies?? Are you saying that every time security is required or needs to be reduced Hillary has to pass that through Congress?

Evidence? There seems to be one person (Woods) who has a conscious and is willing to step up to the plate and not lie or cover up for this administration, nor take the fall. Unfortunately he will probably be buried in the lies that the WH will come out with. For the WH to write the attack and murders off as bumps in the road is like saying "OOPS".

Old 10-08-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Apology for what? I will still consider unnamed sources suspicious in the future.

Apologize for attacking the messenger when the investigation shows that I was right from the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies