Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 04:33 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,366,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
"Ever since Obama came into office, my stock in Telegraphs 'R Us and the Pony Express have hit rock bottom. And I gained 90 lbs."
Sux 2 B U but we already knew that........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
This man thinks that he was personally responsible for getting GWB elected.
Why Time-Share King David Siegel Thinks He Got Bush Elected - Businessweek

Take a quick read about how he strong armed his employees into voting for Bush. Do you really think an employer should control whom their employees vote for?

Would you think that was acceptable if they were making their employees vote for Obama?

He also said that his company is doing better than it has ever done in the past... yet thinks Obama will somehow ruin that?
Why David Siegel Told His Employees to Vote for Romney - Businessweek

Did I mention the country's largest house?
Versailles, the Would-Be Biggest House in America - Businessweek

So just how do you figure he verifies who his employees vote for?

Old 10-12-2012, 04:35 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,960,914 times
'We're doing better than ever. If this keeps up, you're all fired!'

Old 10-12-2012, 04:36 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,698,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So just how do you figure he verifies who his employees vote for?
Did you read the Business Week article that details exactly what he did during the Bush election?

He is threatening his employees - if you vote for Obama, you'll get laid off.

Because he lost his fortune trying to build the worlds largest house.

Quote:
“Next door is a 12,000-square-foot house. That could be my maid’s quarters one day"
Again. Boo hoo to him.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Actually, you are so far off base that it's sad. It's actually the trainwreck that is the GOP base. These so-called job creators will lay off thousands of workers but will build the country's biggest house...

How can you see this quote and think anything but "wow, that man is a horrible person!"?

You people make me sick.

At least Gary Johnson isn't supported by idiots like him...
Actually it's spot on. Nice attempt to deflect though. Feel free to try again.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:40 PM

990 posts, read 941,737 times
Quote:
It's actually about the employees who might lose their jobs but nice try.
If the jerk didn't build a $75,000,000 house and built a $5,000,000 one instead (because that would be a shack, right?), he'd have $70,000,000 extra to keep the 5,000 workers employed. That alone would be $14,000 per employee (assuming that 5,000 would be losing their jobs), not to mention the increased revenues that would come from having the extra 5,000 workers.

How can you people support guys like Siegel? He's the very epitome of everything that is wrong with greed and the lust for money. He uses NONE of it to help others, but will fire thousands of people because he has to have the biggest house in America. Seriously, he's no better than Jerry Sandusky. He's willing to ruin the lives of THOUSANDS just to have bragging rights. What an awful person. But at least his wife has had lots of plastic surgery...

Old 10-12-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Rick, what are your thoughts on the fact that this man poured his fortune into building the country's largest house, and is now claiming that Obama getting elected will be what forces him to lay people off?

Wouldn't logic dictate that perhaps the reason he's losing money would be from trying to build the largest house in the country?

What are your thoughts on an employer telling their employees how to vote?

What are your thoughts on said owner saying that over the past 4 years his company has been doing better than ever? But if Obama is elected again, he will suddenly have to lay people off?
1. What has his house got to do with what Obozocare will do to his business? My thought there is that you're trying to deflect bur have failed.

2. See #1.

3. He's free to endorse a candidate. He can't tell someone how to vote. He has no way to verify who they voted for.

4. His company may very well be doing better than ever. Obozocare hasn't fully kicked in yet.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
If the jerk didn't build a $75,000,000 house and built a $5,000,000 one instead (because that would be a shack, right?), he'd have $70,000,000 extra to keep the 5,000 workers employed. That alone would be $14,000 per employee (assuming that 5,000 would be losing their jobs), not to mention the increased revenues that would come from having the extra 5,000 workers.

How can you people support guys like Siegel? He's the very epitome of everything that is wrong with greed and the lust for money. He uses NONE of it to help others, but will fire thousands of people because he has to have the biggest house in America. Seriously, he's no better than Jerry Sandusky. He's willing to ruin the lives of THOUSANDS just to have bragging rights. What an awful person. But at least his wife has had lots of plastic surgery...
It's his money. As much as you seem to hate it he's free to use it as he pleases. If Obozocare hadn't been rammed down our throats he wouldn't have to possibly lay people off.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:46 PM

37,162 posts, read 42,343,754 times
Quote:
It's his money. As much as you seem to hate it he's free to use it as he pleases. If Obozocare hadn't been rammed down our throats he wouldn't have to possibly lay people off.
He's laying people off becauseTime Shares suck and he made some bad business decisions.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:46 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,635,966 times
I'm no Obama fan...but I don't think it's fair to have some CEO tell me if his guy doesn't win he is going to lay me off...I would be pissed if the CEO of my place of employment told me if Obama doesn't win I don't have a job....

He should just keep it to himself-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies