Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 12:20 PM

38,164 posts, read 22,262,606 times

Advertisements

White House: Obama and Biden were never aware of requests for more Benghazi security

This is what I do not understand from this administration:

1) At 4:00 PM on 9/11 ambassador Stevens calls Washington DC, and the Embassy in Tripoli. Stevens informs them that loud explosions are being heard and heavily armed men are pouring onto the consulate grounds

2) At the same time, video feeds from the security surveillance cameras are streaming into Washington DC, showing the attack as it is occurring

3) A few minutes later high resolution drone video is also sent to the Embassy and Washington DC.

4) And the 0bama admin runs with a story that a protest occurred at the embassy, because of a YouTube video trailer of an unknown movie, for a month?????

So now they are blaming the entire intelligence community? The whistle blowers will not sit back and have the entire world think they are a bunch of incompetent boobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 12:33 PM

"All of us at post were in sync that we wanted these resources," the top regional security officer in Libya over the summer, Eric Nordstrom[, testified. "In those conversations, I was specifically told [by Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Charlene Lamb ‘You cannot request an SST [Site Security Team] extension.' I determined I was told that because there would be too much political cost. We went ahead and requested it anyway."

Political cost?

If the White House is playing politics with the lives of our foreign diplomats, would that be of concern to you democrats? Or will you back to the Palin thread and rant and obsess about her?

Old 10-13-2012, 12:33 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,003,010 times
Maybe what we are seeing is why Hilary and Biden pointed out during their democratic prewsidential debates in Obama being a amateur.Truman must be turning over in his grave listening to the administration on this one.I guess in some ways the poor economy will make this not much of a issue but it bulids anyway with those at the seats of power .

Old 10-13-2012, 12:35 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,421,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
White House: Obama and Biden were never aware of requests for more Benghazi security

This is what I do not understand from this administration:

1) At 4:00 PM on 9/11 ambassador Stevens calls Washington DC, and the Embassy in Tripoli. Stevens informs them that loud explosions are being heard and heavily armed men are pouring onto the consulate grounds

2) At the same time, video feeds from the security surveillance cameras are streaming into Washington DC, showing the attack as it is occurring

3) A few minutes later high resolution drone video is also sent to the Embassy and Washington DC.

4) And the 0bama admin runs with a story that a protest occurred at the embassy, because of a YouTube video trailer of an unknown movie, for a month?????

So now they are blaming the entire intelligence community? The whistle blowers will not sit back and have the entire world think they are a bunch of incompetent boobs.
What does this have to do with the President and Vice President not knowing about requests for more security in Benghazi? I'm confused.

However, from YOUR LINK, Nordstrom says the following:

"Eric Nordstrom, testified. "In those conversations, I was specifically told [by Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Charlene Lamb] ‘You cannot request an SST [Site Security Team] extension.' I determined I was told that because there would be too much political cost."

It appears that Mr. Nordstrom determined that on his own. In other words, he assumed that was what she meant.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:40 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,487,032 times
As Benghazi Blame Nears Hillary, The Clintons Grow Furious

Hillary - Go after the incompetent clown Obozo...

Old 10-13-2012, 12:41 PM

33,581 posts, read 37,215,319 times
Why can I not access most of the forum except by clicking on a recent post in the "what's going on" section? I can't even find an administrator....What IS going on?

Old 10-13-2012, 12:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,421,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

"All of us at post were in sync that we wanted these resources," the top regional security officer in Libya over the summer, Eric Nordstrom[, testified. "In those conversations, I was specifically told [by Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Charlene Lamb ‘You cannot request an SST [Site Security Team] extension.' I determined I was told that because there would be too much political cost. We went ahead and requested it anyway."

Political cost?

If the White House is playing politics with the lives of our foreign diplomats, would that be of concern to you democrats? Or will you back to the Palin thread and rant and obsess about her?
Eric Nordstrom ASSUMED that the denial of his request meant there would be too much "political cost." He clearly says he "determined" but does not offer any proof at all.....Charlene Lamb didn't say that. This is absolutely nothing but his assumption, and he cleverly used the word "determined" rather than "assumed" for the people who are not detail oriented.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What does this have to do with the President and Vice President not knowing about requests for more security in Benghazi? I'm confused.

However, from YOUR LINK, Nordstrom says the following:

"Eric Nordstrom, testified. "In those conversations, I was specifically told [by Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Charlene Lamb] ‘You cannot request an SST [Site Security Team] extension.' I determined I was told that because there would be too much political cost."

It appears that Mr. Nordstrom determined that on his own. In other words, he assumed that was what she meant.
They claim not to have known about increased security requests, and claim that they were told it was a protest about the movie, gone bad. They claim too much ignorance for this to be credible, unless we believe that the entire intelligence community, and that is a lot of people, are all conspiring to mislead the White House.

If you were one of many dozens of people like Ms. Lamb, and a few days, and then a few weeks go by, where the president, Rice, Clinton, Carney, et al, are all claiming the Benghazi attack was a spontaneous movie protest, and you knew otherwise.... So either all these people allowed the president and his admin tell falsehoods, or the White house knew what they were doing.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:55 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,487,032 times
Benghazi Attack Caught On Tape; Drone Also Shot Video...

But clown bozo and buffoon Biden didn't know anything. Ha!

Old 10-13-2012, 01:00 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,233,806 times
Isn't it absolutely amazing just what this president isn't aware of?

Only Nixon and Watergate trump this president on deniability issues.....

Well, then there's Clinton, a president who doesn't know what "sex" really means....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies