Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 02:28 PM

33,565 posts, read 37,168,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why can I not access most of the forum except by clicking on a recent post in the "what's going on" section? I can't even find an administrator....What IS going on?
To whoever sent me a direct message, I cannot access those either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 02:33 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,741,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

"All of us at post were in sync that we wanted these resources," the top regional security officer in Libya over the summer, Eric Nordstrom[, testified. "In those conversations, I was specifically told [by Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Charlene Lamb ‘You cannot request an SST [Site Security Team] extension.' I determined I was told that because there would be too much political cost. We went ahead and requested it anyway."

Political cost?

If the White House is playing politics with the lives of our foreign diplomats, would that be of concern to you democrats? Or will you back to the Palin thread and rant and obsess about her?
Yes - there's an election coming up -- the lives of the diplomats aren't more important than that you know and certainly the liberals do not want to hold their liberal icons responsible for anything they mess up.

Especially not with an election coming up.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:47 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,179,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, it is one of two things:

1) The president is easily duped. The entire intel community was in cahoots, and purposely misleading the president and the White house with false information, or was allowing the misinformation and falsehoods to occur unchallenged.

or

2) Or the president was fully aware that he and his admin were misleading the American people, and the world, for the past month

Which is it?
Neither is acceptable. If he were a military commander instead of the Commander-in-Chief he would have been relieved of command.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:56 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Neither is acceptable. If he were a military commander instead of the Commander-in-Chief he would have been relieved of command.
There is a good reason why we in this country DO NOT have a military Commander-in-Chief. Haven't you posted that you're a school teacher? You should certainly understand this.

Anyway, he isn't military, he is the elected President of the United States, and unless you can find good reason as a result of this "investigation" to start impeachment proceedings, he can't be removed because of what you all think about the Benghazi attack. And, IMO, it's totally absurd to even suggest that he should resign.

Actually, I think this investigation of this issue and the opinions expressed just reveal the enormous ignorance of most people as to how the government actually works. All the people who are constantly screaming "smaller government" are the very ones who think that the President should be a "God-like" figure and be able to keep every person who works for this country and who work in harms way totally safe.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:12 PM

24 posts, read 19,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Isn't it absolutely amazing just what this president isn't aware of?

Only Nixon and Watergate trump this president on deniability issues.....

Well, then there's Clinton, a president who doesn't know what "sex" really means....

You're right plwhit, and you also have to admit, no one was killed in during Watergate. No so with Obama and Ms. Clinton escapades. Minimum of four persons dead, US citizens dead, and absolutely no responsibility taken by anyone in this entire administration They play their normal blame game, it's always someone elses fault.

January 20th, 2013, Inauguration Day, the end of an error.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:26 PM

24 posts, read 19,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
There is a good reason why we in this country DO NOT have a military Commander-in-Chief. Haven't you posted that you're a school teacher? You should certainly understand this.

Anyway, he isn't military, he is the elected President of the United States, and unless you can find good reason as a result of this "investigation" to start impeachment proceedings, he can't be removed because of what you all think about the Benghazi attack. And, IMO, it's totally absurd to even suggest that he should resign.

Actually, I think this investigation of this issue and the opinions expressed just reveal the enormous ignorance of most people as to how the government actually works. All the people who are constantly screaming "smaller government" are the very ones who think that the President should be a "God-like" figure and be able to keep every person who works for this country and who work in harms way totally safe.

According to Article II, Section 2, Clause 1 of the Constitution, the President of the United States IS Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces. Therefore he is in fact responsible for the attack in Libya at the Benghazi U.S. Embassy. The buck has to stop some place and this time it is right at Obama's feet. He can continue to deny, but we all know better.

Good bye, Mr. President and thanks for nothing.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:28 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
What does this have to do with the President and Vice President not knowing about requests for more security in Benghazi? I'm confused.
It has nothing to do with it. People are desperate to find something to smear the White House with, and unfortunately this is all they got. It's not much. As a matter of fact it is so little, that it actually proves the opposite of that the accusers hope it would prove. It proves they have nothing they can use to prove the White House a bad job handling foreign policy. This is it. This is he biggest 'mistake' they can think of: A security problem at a local outpost in Libya, -a problem the White House was not even aware of. Come on people...you gotta come up with something better than that if you want to bring down the president.

It also proves how little people know about how these things are handled. They think when an embassy in Nigeria has a plumbing problem they call the President of the United States, and expect him to personally get on the plane and come over to fix it. They do not understand there are different levels of people who handle issues, and that this one never reached higher levels, let alone the White House. How high is a "deputy assistant"?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-13-2012 at 03:47 PM..

Old 10-13-2012, 03:34 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,180,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Because he is either incompetent or despicable, or both.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:42 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,514,904 times
Quote:

I don't think the prez can keep everyone safe. I do think he's responsible for efforts to protect them as well as feasible. Does the buck stop with Lamb, was it policy directed by Clinton, or did Obama know Benghai needed more protection, but place other interests higher ? I don't know. I'd like to know, so if the investigation is 'political,' so be it.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:43 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,180,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Errr, Obama doesn't even know what is discussed in security briefings because he doesn't attend them!!!! Maybe there is a memo discussing the situation floating around in cyberspace and that's why his briefing memo never reached his iPad??

You are making a definitive statement: There was/is no cover up. Can you actually provide proof there is no cover up? I mean ACTUAL proof.

The republicans are holding hearings to see if there is any proof, but you seem to have something that can clear up the whole matter and put it to rest. If you have proof why don't you submit it so that Obama & company doesn't have to go through all of this. If you don't have proof and the WH is not covering up anything then they have nothing to worry about with the hearings.
He is using the "0bama is an incompetent, incurious boob" defense.

But wait around, he will post on another thread how awesome 0bama is at everything, including how "sophisticated" 0bama is at "consuming intelligence information."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies