Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 02:30 PM

876 posts, read 709,564 times

Advertisements

When people criticize obama, Liberals seem to be quick to bring up Bush and his failures. I often wonder what is trying to be accomplished by this except to deflect from obama's failures. It has become very comical to me, because I just don't see the Conservatives loving on Bush. I am a registered Independent and did not really get into following politics until a couple of years ago. But, since I am fairly new to this type of message board format, I wonder where these Bush lovers are? Do they even exist? Or are Liberals just wasting their time bringing up a past president? obama lover's seem to fight for his honor no matter what horrible thing he does, but I have yet to see this undying affection from the GOP. Who are these people that the Libs think defend anything bad that Bush did and why do they think that anything Bush did is an arguement FOR obama? Maybe they both just suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 02:34 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,212,133 times
Maybe because Conservatives aren't vindictive people?

Old 10-15-2012, 02:36 PM

775 posts, read 741,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
When people criticize obama, Liberals seem to be quick to bring up Bush and his failures. I often wonder what is trying to be accomplished by this except to deflect from obama's failures. It has become very comical to me, because I just don't see the Conservatives loving on Bush. I am a registered Independent and did not really get into following politics until a couple of years ago. But, since I am fairly new to this type of message board format, I wonder where these Bush lovers are? Do they even exist? Or are Liberals just wasting their time bringing up a past president? obama lover's seem to fight for his honor no matter what horrible thing he does, but I have yet to see this undying affection from the GOP. Who are these people that the Libs think defend anything bad that Bush did and why do they think that anything Bush did is an arguement FOR obama? Maybe they both just suck.
It's simple logic, and Clinton put it perfectly.

Romney's message is that we left you a mess, and Obama hasn't cleaned it up yet, so put us back in charge, the same party that caused the mess in the first place, with the exact same policies!

Old 10-15-2012, 02:40 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,141,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
This is the FUNNIEST thing I've read all day.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,839,819 times
Quote:
I wonder where these Bush lovers are? Do they even exist?
If you're that curious, try finding a household glued to Fox News. I recall reading a survey where 96% of Fox News viewers voted for Bush. In other words, the success rate is pretty much guaranteed.

But, if you're only wanting to look around here in these forums, pretty much any body who starts crying a river when someone brings up facts about economy that Obama inherited. Let the show begin!

Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,607,390 times
Quote:

It's most of the conservatives here but then, most probably won't admit it. Besides, when Bush was in, the right constantly brought up Clinton so it happens on both sides.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:44 PM

990 posts, read 940,164 times
Quote:

So you never got into politics until Obama became president?

Basically, that's how the TEA Party is, huh? It's a bunch of people with no knowledge of history, politics or economics who think their opinions are correct because they just discovered politics.

The Official TEA Party Facebook Page has been posting all kinds of things which talk up how great Bush was and how Obama screwed everything up. It's idiotic and completely false.

Plus, if you support Romney, you support Bush because Romney's policies are copies of the Bush policies.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:46 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,607,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Now that's funny. But I will say there are vindictiveness in liberals and conservatives. More so on the conservative side, imo.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:49 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
It's simple logic, and Clinton put it perfectly.

Romney's message is that we left you a mess, and Obama hasn't cleaned it up yet, so put us back in charge, the same party that caused the mess in the first place, with the exact same policies!
really? so democrats have no responsibility for the issues we are facing now? clinton signed the bill that gutted glass-steagal, bush tried to rein in fannie and freddie was was thwarted by the democrats. bush did spend a lot of money, but the reality is that the deficits dropped to $160 billion in fiscal 2006, and started back up again when the democrats took over congress in 2007. and when was the last time the senate passed a budget? and obama had the opportunity to put the economy back on the right track, yet he chose not to, rather instead he pushed green energy companies, most of which have failed. obama also stole two automakers from the rightful owners, rather than let the companies go through a proper bankruptcy reorganization, and we as still on the hook for more than $30 billion for bailing out gm.

no both parties are equally responsible for the issues we face today. so whether you like it or not, the democrats have to take a big bite from the same crap pie the republicans have been forced to eat from the last four years. get over it.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:54 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,836,439 times
Honestly, there were a lot of Bush supporters when he was in office. You rarely had GOP detractors when Bush was running up the deficit. People called you "un-American" if you didn't agree with the Iraq war or the Patriot Act and other things that Bush did. You didn't hear many of the same GOP followers who proclaim that Obama is "growing the government" complain when he expanded Medicare to include perscription drug coverage, which caused the costs associated with Medicare to skyrocket even further. You didn't hear them complain when Bush grew the government via the creation of the Department of Homeland Security and the implementation of those hated TSA agents - they came to us via the Bush administration.

So as an independent like yourself, who did follow politics during the Bush years and before, I can give an honest unbiased opinion that republicans did not complain like they complain about Obama. Forgot to mention that they surely did not try to halt the debt ceiling during the Bush years, it wasn't until Obama came along that this became an issue as it was routinely done year after year with hardly any debate. Oh, and the Tea Party did not "protest" during the Bush years not even when he did the first bailout if I remember correctly. They didn't come on the scene in big numbers until Obama was elected.

On the flip side. I do think that Obama has failed us in not repealing the Patriot Act. I am glad we are out of Iraq but feel we could withdraw from Afghanistan sooner than 2014 and wish we could do so immediately so in that respect, in regards to a more "liberal" view, I can criticize him on this front. He also has put us into what I call "mini-trists" in other countries in Africa, most notably Libya and I am not in support of any sort of offensive military attacks or involvement in the affairs of any foreign states unless those states have some sort of direct impact on us here in America. There are many other things I can complain about Obama.

I did not detest Bush like many on the left did. I thought he was mediocre and I truly did not like the Iraq war. I thought people let themselves get fooled WAY too easy on that one and it ended us costing us too much, mostly in the lives lost, military and civillian. We had no reason to be there.

As a person, I thought he was a funny guy. The homeowners assistance program, for first time homebuyers, allowed my family to get $30K in downpayment grants via a program he supported. I think he actually helped African countries out in providing them so much money to assist in combatting HIV/AIDS and I feel he is doing good work now that he is a former-president and I wish him well. I don't blame him for keeping out of the media either. On a whole, I do not think he was that great of a president, but I also don't think he was a horrible person. As presidencies go, I think Obama is doing a better job even though he has had to put up with slightly more shenanigans than Bush went through. And FWIW, Bush put up with a lot from the Left. Some were downright cruel to him. But I rarely saw things referencing Bush's wife or kids (except when his daughter got the DUI) like you see done to the Obamas and I think that actually shows that libs have more class in many ways than many in the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies