Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2012, 08:27 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,811,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No. Obama was rambling all over the place... he discussed September 11, 2001, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the troops killed and injured in those wars, etc. Obama failed to indicate that the attack in benghazi was an act of terror. If you believe otherwise, cite the sentence in which Obama says the attack in Benghazi was an act of terror. You won't be able to because he didn't say it.
Actually no. The piece is 75 or 85% solid our guys in Benghazi. There is a little context thrown in...but only a little. The first half for instance is all and exclusively devoted to the the affair.

Tell me where in Obama's job statement it says he must explicitly state every fact the RW cares about?

I don't think that requirement exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Now we have a president who is destroying us from the inside out. Obama , because of his own words." when the political tides grow ugly , I will support the muslims. Of course. Obama shows that every day. Obama can't call a muslim a terrorist. He had to blame a video instead. And then Obama has the FBI put the film maker in jail.
Obama will not call a muslim a terrorist because his own belief in the muslim religion can't fathom that they can be blamed. Obamas own pastor said We , Americans deserved the hit on the twin towers that represented our capitalist system. Obama is also rooted in black liberation theology which is a hate white belief that whites raped all poor countries of their resources. Obama has lots of baggage .
You know the RW does fine here for a while and then someone shows up and indicates that the objections to Obama deal with race and creed.

Destroys the RW mantra every time. But still they do it

Old 10-20-2012, 08:35 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Now we have a president who is destroying us from the inside out. Obama , because of his own words." when the political tides grow ugly , I will support the muslims. Of course. Obama shows that every day. Obama can't call a muslim a terrorist. He had to blame a video instead. And then Obama has the FBI put the film maker in jail.
Obama will not call a muslim a terrorist because his own belief in the muslim religion can't fathom that they can be blamed. Obamas own pastor said We , Americans deserved the hit on the twin towers that represented our capitalist system. Obama is also rooted in black liberation theology which is a hate white belief that whites raped all poor countries of their resources. Obama has lots of baggage .
Just about right Tara, cept he doesn't give a hoot about Shia or secular muslims. He sides with the Sunni aka Muslim Brotherhood aka Wahhabi.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:38 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,228,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Great piece from John Marshall today at TPM that sums up my thoughts (which I've laid out multiple times in multiple Benghazi threads here) more eloquently then I ever do.

One reason the Benghazi controversy has always seemed so bogus to me is that I’ve never bought the core premise, which is that the administration had any clear political reason or advantage to gain by claiming the attack was tied to the video as opposed to a pre-planned assault. (Here’s our look at how Benghazi evolved into a GOP talking point.) In addition to a great number of hacks peddling this idea, some people I respect a great deal seem to credit the idea too. But again, it doesn’t add up to me.
Of course they do and the reason is plainly obvious to anyone with both eyes open. After you go around the country campaigning that al-Qaeda is "on it's heels", you're called out as the incompetent fool you are when another terrorist attack occurs.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:44 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,228,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Who is responsible? Instead of posting someone's opinion, why not watch this video where the same Republican who is criticizing the Obama administration is saying "yes, we voted to cut security for Libya" because it was not a priority. I have several sources, all on video, NOT a right wing talking point full of hypocrisy and double-talk. The author of the article you posted works for Fox news as a political analyst.

Stop living in your little bubble and watch this interview. How the heck can this man stand there and blame Obama for lack of security and in a few seconds, when asked if he voted against adding security say "ABSOLUTELY! IT WASN'T A PRIORITY."

Right-Wing Media's Libya Consulate Security Mythology Falls Apart | Blog | Media Matters for America
You have repeatedly regurgitated this ridiculous crapola. Where does it say Republicans voted to defund security for Libya? Oh wait - it doesn't.

We even have marines in Belize. Surely there was enough funding already in place to fly them from the Caribbean to Libya.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:51 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,080,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Of course they do and the reason is plainly obvious to anyone with both eyes open. After you go around the country campaigning that al-Qaeda is "on it's heels", you're called out as the incompetent fool you are when another terrorist attack occurs.

No you're not. In case you're not aware, al-Queda is a cameleon as far as presence goes in the world and a leader can knock down one arm of it only to have it arise elsewhere.

Obama's statement " have them on their heels......." means just that. He did not say they have been eradicated did he.

Stop twisting words although I realize its an innate trait of the right.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:03 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The highlight of tonight's debate and the most talked about point is when Obama made the statement "The day after the attack, governor, I stood in the Rose Garden and I told the American people in the world that we are going to find out exactly what happened -- that this was an act of terror -- and I also said that we're going to hunt down those who committed this crime."

Afterwards, Willard rebutted with one of the top right wing propaganda lies that's been making the rounds that Obama didn't state until weeks later that it was a terror attack.

Once the moderator confirmed that Obama, in fact did state it was a terror attack, Obama then said to the extent for her to say it again and a louder, which was a grand slam rubbing Willard's face in a pile of dog crap.

While the democrats were high-fiving each-other, the right wing propaganda machine went ballistic, continuing to spread the lie into insanity mode and attacking the moderator with horrific and nasty comments.

In the end, Candy was 100% correct, Obama did, in fact, state it was a terror attack on the first day.

President Obama Speaks on the Attack on Benghazi - YouTube

Keep up the good work with your meltdown rightwingers
I have listened to that video so many times since you had to post it but failed to hear The One call that attack a terrorist attack. He just does't use that word. He said it there almost as badly as when he talked about the terrorist murders in the Texas Fort and called them workplace violence.

If Obama really said that why did Candy Crowley apologize for her action after she realized what she had done? I am very sure you are trying too hard to convince all of us about the words of Hussein Obama and that you actually do know that Crowley was right when she apologized.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:07 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinniaDreamer View Post
No you're not. In case you're not aware, al-Queda is a cameleon as far as presence goes in the world and a leader can knock down one arm of it only to have it arise elsewhere.

Obama's statement " have them on their heels......." means just that. He did not say they have been eradicated did he.

Stop twisting words although I realize its an innate trait of the right.
Whatever they are, we brought them to Libya and we are funding and supplying them in Syria. I don't choose to call them al-qaeda, (I think that is a only a label, because we like to put our enemies in nice little neat boxes) - they are those that we befriend when they are usefull and call our enemies when that serves our interests.

Quote:
I think the question is who brought Al-Qaeda to Libya, and now to Syria. It’s the same Western involvement, with the support of petrodollars from Qatar and Saudi Arabia. That is handing the country over to a group of fanatic criminals, who are bent on bloodshed, torture, slitting throats, bringing the country back to medieval darkness. We have seen very clearly what these people are aiming to do. They want to punish Bani Walid for its stance against the invasion of Libya by NATO. This is a form of collective punishment against the whole population for standing up for their independence and the sovereignty of their country.

RT:Today Turkey has called on the US, Britain, and its allies to intervene in Syria to prevent the looming humanitarian disaster there. Would the situation in Syria be different from that in Libya, if there was foreign military action?
‘Bloodshed, torture, medieval darkness brought to Libya with Western involvement’ — RT#

Old 10-20-2012, 10:11 PM

987 posts, read 1,387,182 times
What my ears have heard was "it was an act of terror" and the word riot wasn't mentioned, but why did they constantly mentioned the anti-Islamic film for days after the incident in Benghazi which indicates to me that Obama didn't believe it was a terrorist attack in the first place, but of a riot initially due to the film! It's all a down right cover up by Obama to save his political future career and reelection! It's so obvious and now the American people are finally opening their eyes to the facts weeks later after the Benghazi aftermath where no one should have been killed in the first place if the State Dept had listened to all of the warnings months in advance that was communicated to the State Dept and acted appropriately to increase security in Benghazi! That's the reason why Hillary Clinton took the blame so Obama wouldn't look bad, because she could have done something had she acted appropriately to add more security in Benghazi, but she she failed to do so and American lives were killed by their serious mistake not listening when help was asked for to an increase in security especially in Benghazi!
It isn't important what the video clip is saying what was said in the Rose Garden or about the anti-Islamic film!
What's important was that the Government didn't do their jobs in protecting those people in areas in the Middle East when they asked for help and was denied! That's the main question to be asked! Why did 4 Americans die if security was adequate in the eyes of the State Dept?

Last edited by Art2ro; 10-20-2012 at 10:52 PM..

Old 10-20-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art2ro View Post
What my ears heard was "it was an act of terror", but Obama did not specifically mention anything about what happened in Benghazi or they wouldn't have mentioned anything about the anti-Islamic film for days after the incident in Benghazi! It's all a down right cover up by Obama to save his political future career and reelection! It's so obvious and now the American people are finally opening their eyes to the facts two weeks later after the Benghazi aftermath where no one should have been killed in the first place if the State Dept was listening to all of the warnings months in advance that was communicated to them!
The most knowledgeable guy in the US State Department went there with full knowledge. Got him killed. You believe he suicided? Or do you think Obama had him hauled there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies