Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 05:12 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times

Advertisements

They just went back to being the GOP, which is what they were all along. Once their new label flopped, their advertising campaign shifted gears. Put it in the same file as New Coke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 05:14 AM

345 posts, read 643,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Baby steps. Any intelligent, thinking person knows that you can't make sweeping changes in our government. That's something that a lot of people - especially Ron Paul fans - have a hard time accepting.

It's difficult to get something through the system, and that's by design - our founders understood that laws shouldn't be created in a knee-jerk fashion. Every law should be carefully considered. What you get when you go against that idea is Obamacare - a law that nobody wanted and even to this day, the majority of people still want repealed.

We can turn the country around, but it isn't going to happen overnight. We do have to start NOW, though. The election of 2010 was the first step - Romney/Ryan will be step two. It'll take time, a generation, at least, but as long as we keep our eye on the prize, we'll get there.
I am not under the delusion that having, say, Ron Paul as president would instantly fix everything on his first day in office. I also am not under the delusion that Romney will make any progress in improving this country. Any intelligent, thinking person can look at how he wants to reduce the deficit and realize that the math doesn't make sense. You're not going to reduce the deficit by expanding the defense budget and lowering taxes.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:15 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
"the real"

This term is BS!

Old 10-19-2012, 05:16 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
The Tea Party and those not members but supporters will be out in mass numbers in line to vote on Election Day.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:18 AM

345 posts, read 643,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Because...by a very small increment, he's not as BAD as Obama. It's a matter of holding your nose and voting for the lesser of two evils. Obama has shown he has no interest in addressing fiscal issues, the debt, a broken Social Security system, high unemployement, etc. Romney...well, is at least worth a try.

I'd a lot rather have someone that actually practiced what you're calling core Tea Party Beliefs of limited government, with a focus on fiscal responsibility and no hard ties to religious superstitions. But that's not an option this time. Or any other, at least since I've been old enough to vote.
In this post you're essentially acknowledging that the country is going to hell, and you are voting to, at best, ever so slightly decrease its rate of descent. At least if I ever live to have grandchildren, I can tell them that I voted my conscience, rather than for evil.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:32 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Now after all the debates have finished, not a single mention of the tea party from Willard. Nothing from Ryan. No tea party express to be found.

I wounder if the tea party fools will realize they have been had

Old 10-24-2012, 04:09 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
They are active in getting more conservative people into Republican and Democrat races at all levels.
Several candidates are up for election now. They are mostly doing well.

Next question...

Old 10-24-2012, 04:15 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Today Gallup has Romney up by seven points and RCP's electoral college prediction has flipped to Romney.

Obama will be a one-term president.
I think he will not make full term. He will resign and have Biden pardon him.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
What's funny is, the grasping to find what the TEA Party is.,,, STILL!

They still think the TEA Party has a leader. If not they will place one there to attack.

Ron Paul is the Godfather of the Tea Party, but he is not the leader.
The 2010 Mid-terms was the sign of a lasting trend in the USA.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:27 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
They are active in getting more conservative people into Republican and Democrat races at all levels.
Several candidates are up for election now. They are mostly doing well.

Next question...
How? The tea party express is nowhere to be found. No Beck. No Palin. Not a single mention from Willard or Ryan. Nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies