Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 09:19 PM

33,528 posts, read 37,128,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I'm still not sure how putting more heat trapping gases into the atmosphere doesn't equate to more heat being trapped in the atmosphere? If any climate change deniers could answer that question, you may be able to change my mind.
Yeah, I'd like to see that answer too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
The global warming doomsayers aren't using science.
Are you claiming that warming is not happening?

Old 10-19-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Let me help you... (from one of the embedded URL's which you didn't bother to read):

New science: SEAS WILL RISE due to CO2 ... but not for centuries ? The Register
First of all I thought you deniers didn't trust computer models...That is what generated this chart...

Here is an excerpt from the actual research paper... If you read the entire thing you may be able to do more biased cherry picking...

Anthropogenic carbon dioxide is causing global warming and this will lead to irreversible sea-level rise on human timescales even when emissions were to reduce drastically to reach greenhouse gas stabilization in the atmosphere. Our model results indicate that a sea-level rise of at least 1.1 m by the year 3000 is already committed by the compounded effect of greenhouse gas buildup by the year 2000. Several metres more are likely unavoidable if measures to curb emissions drastically are not taken during the next few decades and greenhouse gas concentrations continue to rise to the levels implied by the SRES scenarios used in this study. http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/7/4/045401/article

Old 10-19-2012, 09:51 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,999,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yeah, I read it the first time it was posted, researched the source, and rejected it as cherry picked nonsense.....Regurgitating it doesn't make it any less nonsense...

Ah so it doesn't agree with your warped opinion so it is now nonsense. Check.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:37 PM

20 posts, read 12,977 times
Global warming BS is pushed to sell you "green products" and shove "earth friendly" propaganda down our throats. Its all a big lie. People in the government use it as a scare tactic to get their pork bills passed. It used to be global cooling a few decades ago. By the way it has already been disapproven now they are calling it "global climate change". Anyone pushing this topic has either been misinformed or has a political agenda.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Ah so it doesn't agree with your warped opinion so it is now nonsense. Check.
My opinion has nothing to do with it...It doesn't agree with the science. Note my post above taken from the actual cited research.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberleeH View Post
Global warming BS is pushed to sell you "green products" and shove "earth friendly" propaganda down our throats. Its all a big lie. People in the government use it as a scare tactic to get their pork bills passed. It used to be global cooling a few decades ago. By the way it has already been disapproven now they are calling it "global climate change". Anyone pushing this topic has either been misinformed or has a political agenda.
It hasn't been "disapproven" at all, quite the contrary, all the evidence, temperature records, etc says that it is warming...The only thing left to argue about is the cause....So are you saying that the climate is not warming? I'd sure like to see your evidence that it is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies