Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 06:05 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
did i write that?

i do believe that is what most women care about-jobs, the economy, and the future for their families.

there are a lot of rich liberals out there who could fund the things the liberals want funded with no problem whatsoever. (if they were willing, that is), and maybe that 31 year old will find a man who likes her enough to actually pay for her birth control while he is sleeping with her. i personally find it offensive that she is willing to settle for so little in a "relationship".

she did seem to manage to get someone to pay for her very expensive college tuition, i bet:

Tuition and Fees - 2011-2012
Really?
Have you been asleep for the past 50 years?
How remarkably patriarchal of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 06:05 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Thats not very nice.
Just kidding. That's a story they tell now that they are grown.

But current events and government policy was dinner conversation every night. Now the grandkids do it. They care what is going on in the world. A lot more than what they are doing on Saturday night and what they are going to wear.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:08 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Just kidding. That's a story they tell now that they are grown.

But current events and government policy was dinner conversation every night. Now the grandkids do it. They care what is going on in the world. A lot more than what they are doing on Saturday night and what they are going to wear.
Actually, I was speaking about the bolded part of your statement.
I dont have a problem at all with your methods about teaching your kids, in fact, I applaud it.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:12 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I never hear women discussing the economy.
Then you are hanging around the wrong people.

What a condescending OP, even for you.
sad that women have the right to vote and choose in a swing election. If only it were 1930 again,huh?.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:21 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
The majority of the women I talk to don't give a damn about free birth control or a whole lot of the rhetoric the talkers are using.
They care about education for their children.
They care about the economy and how far their money will go.
So even where I work will gross about equal pay. When pointed out that they already get equal pay to their male counter parts they say "Well I mean in other places." When asked what other places they don't know.
Pretty much women voters are like all others. Many depend on campaign commercials to know what is going on.
Now that is what is really sad.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:12 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,273,359 times
Quote:
Since women are going to decide this election, maybe hearing what women think about the state of the economy would give us some insight into who is going to be our next President.

I know a lot of women would say "of course we care about the economy"...... and take offense that the question was even asked. That's going to happen here. But, it's a public forum and I'm asking it anyway.

I think that there are some women out there that really couldn't care less about the state of the economy. I said "some".

What do women think about the economy?
Since they are taking up an increasing % in the work force, providing for their families, I would say that they do considerably. Talk to a female professional and you'll see some different results.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:54 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Do Women Care About The Economy?

Yes.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:14 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by git45 View Post
Since they are taking up an increasing % in the work force, providing for their families, I would say that they do considerably. Talk to a female professional and you'll see some different results.
I know a female professor who was quite upset when her hubby was laid off. Women DO care about the economy---how could they not be concerned---it affects their family. He got another job in another state and they had to pull up stakes and move. At least he found another job, many can't.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:17 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
I think that if more women cared about jobs. Romney would have a huge lead over Obama among women voters.
I do care about jobs --- that's why I don't want to see them go overseas which Romney would only facilitate.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:56 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I do care about jobs --- that's why I don't want to see them go overseas which Romney would only facilitate.
So then you are unaware of JEFFERY IMMELT GENERAL ELECTRIC CEO OBAMA JOB CZAR As he sends jobs overseas and pays little in taxes?

Immelt's firm stands as Exhibit A of a successful and profitable corporate America standing at the forefront of the recovery.
It also represents the archetypal company that's hoarding cash, sending jobs overseas, relying on taxpayer bailouts and paying less taxes than envisioned.

Corporates will trust an IMMELT over a politician so do you think obama does not have corporate america in his pocket he is certainly giving it a good go isn't he.

GE profited 11.6 BILLION in 2010 ..........

Yet 1 in 10 Americans are jobless............

As OBAMA STRUGGLES TO PROD BUSINESSES TO CREATE JOBS AT HOME GENERAL ELECTRIC (GE) has been busy sending jobs elsewhere to the tune of 34,000 jobs lost here by GE and it ADDED 25,000 jobs overseas...

At the end of 2009, GE employed 36,000 more people abroad than it did in the U.S. In 2000, it was nearly the opposite.

So do you mean like this???????

Please step away from the liberal talking points and get your news elsewhere........

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_812502.html

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies