Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one is O'Reilly?
Entertainer 32 76.19%
News Journalist 10 23.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 09:32 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,859,414 times

Advertisements

O'Reilly is like the women of The View.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:34 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,708,101 times
[people who don't like O'Reilly] he's not a journalist

[people who do like O'Reilly] he is a journalist

Thread closed.....

Old 10-23-2012, 09:36 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Urbanlife, do you even watch O'Reilly's show? (Not counting youtube videos and links from left-wing websites.)

If you think O'Reilly is only an "entertainer," check out his serious and heated debates with people like Barney Frank and Geraldo Rivera.

Regarding the list you posted, what does that have to do with O'Reilly? He has two degrees related to politics and that is his profession today.
Brad Pitt has a degree in journalism...does that mean Brad Pitt too is a journalist?

Jon Stewart also has such guests and has gotten into heated debates with them....as a matter of fact, he even got into an actual debate with O'Reilly and I still consider Stewart an entertainer.

And to answer your question, I have seen O'Reilly's show, and I have watched it on Fox News before, but I do not watch his show, nor to I watch any show on any of the 24hr news channels....but that doesn't change the fact that he is an entertainer with a degree in journalism, and I do agree with you, O'Reilly clearly has a degree that reflects what he does today which is politically entertain.

I just don't get why you desperately need O'Reilly to be considered a journalist as if he is your source of news....that would like me saying that Jon Stewart is a journalist because he is my source of news, which he is not, but I do find him to be a great entertainer that I enjoy watching much like I assume you enjoy watching O'Reilly.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:38 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
[people who don't like O'Reilly] he's not a journalist

[people who do like O'Reilly] he is a journalist

Thread closed.....
Actually I never said I don't like O'Reilly, I actually admire him. He is making a lot of money in a form of entertainment that has never been considered to be a money making system until this past decade. It is quite impressive if you ask me.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:48 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Brad Pitt has a degree in journalism...does that mean Brad Pitt too is a journalist?

Jon Stewart also has such guests and has gotten into heated debates with them....as a matter of fact, he even got into an actual debate with O'Reilly and I still consider Stewart an entertainer.

And to answer your question, I have seen O'Reilly's show, and I have watched it on Fox News before, but I do not watch his show, nor to I watch any show on any of the 24hr news channels....but that doesn't change the fact that he is an entertainer with a degree in journalism, and I do agree with you, O'Reilly clearly has a degree that reflects what he does today which is politically entertain.

I just don't get why you desperately need O'Reilly to be considered a journalist as if he is your source of news....that would like me saying that Jon Stewart is a journalist because he is my source of news, which he is not, but I do find him to be a great entertainer that I enjoy watching much like I assume you enjoy watching O'Reilly.
Brad Pitt did not enter a career in journalism; Bill O'Reilly did.

I know it won't do any good, but the IMDB does list O'Reilly's show as "news" and "talk-show."

If you did watch his show regularly, you would know that his show is usually on the serious side. Now, some people may find that "entertaining," but it doesn't necessarily make him an "entertainer." But believe what you want to believe.

Was Walter Cronkite an entertainer? How about Paul Harvey? Walter Winchell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies