Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2013, 08:06 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
All the Occupy group does is TALK about doing something. You Occupy sympathizers are ALL TALK and no action. Talking, protesting, beating drums, and incessant "mike checks" doesn't make one involved.

Go back and read what you just wrote. You talk about "food,....haves and havenots,...truth, ...jobs,....our currency being inflated,....stagnant wage"......nothing but words. Occupiers refuse get involved, to become a force for change WITHIN a system.

No, I have no respect for you, nor Occupy. In my eyes you collectively are nothing but a band of pseudo-intellectual cowards who spend hours talking/posting with absolutely no intent to try and change anything. Occupy thinks that the world will beat a path to its door because they once had an idea.

There's nothing wrong with being idealistic, but to be blinsly idealistic while ignoring reality is not very intelligent.
Sorry. I'm actively involved in creating jobs and improving the economy on a macro level. Your just the one typing. Who your talking about is yourself.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:12 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
What do you believe their "demands" are now? They are eliminating personal debt and they have been instrumental in ensuring that those left in need due to Sandy have food, etc.
In other words, they are putting their resources to work to help their neighbors.
Is this wrong?
Have no idea what their "demands" are now. Makes no difference either, since the original demands were the "unvarnished" edition describing what the collective demanded. That, in addition to Occupy's actions, was the eyeopener for the public.

Occupy is "eliminating" personal debt for a select few,....not for the masses. Their efforts for Sandy victims are admirable, but their activities as a whole is no different than thousands of other organizations which has their own goals. Occupy squandered a lot of public support and is now only a faint shadow of its former self.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:42 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,622 times
I like how Occupy Sandy makes light of certain things, so much so that you would think that Occupy Sandy would be more Republican/Libertarian/Classic Liberal than anything.
Quote:
Occupy has used its platform to elevate familiar Occupy Wall Street messages about economic inequality and government inefficiency. “The way that government institutions like FEMA operate ... they are so immense and bureaucratic that they cannot leap into action” as Occupy Sandy did, said Rebecca Manski, a member of the group's press team.
Occupy Sandy: Occupy Wall Street Finds New Purpose In NYC Hurricane; Old Tensions Remain
To bad they use "economic inequality" as their barometer. They should realize that by eliminating government inefficiency and reliance on the Feds that economic inequality would actually lessen. The other thing they need to realize is that people make choices, Sandy victims choose to live in an area where these things happen frequently. Helping them at the community level with charity is what should happen, and for this Occupy Sandy should be commended.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:34 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Have no idea what their "demands" are now. Makes no difference either, since the original demands were the "unvarnished" edition describing what the collective demanded. That, in addition to Occupy's actions, was the eyeopener for the public.

Occupy is "eliminating" personal debt for a select few,....not for the masses. Their efforts for Sandy victims are admirable, but their activities as a whole is no different than thousands of other organizations which has their own goals. Occupy squandered a lot of public support and is now only a faint shadow of its former self.
Thank you for admitting that they ARE doing more than just talking.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:59 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
^^ I mean honestly. One of the only politically motivated movements actively helping the community. And one that has the least amount of capital.

Meanwhile lazy Americans bash the Americans trying to hold the banks and investors accountable.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:20 PM

[quote=Gtownoe;28594167]^^ I mean honestly. One of the only politically motivated movements actively helping the community. And one that has the least amount of capital.

Meanwhile lazy Americans bash the Americans trying to hold the banks and investors accountable.[/quote]

Pray tell,...just how is Occupy doing that? That's right folks,...TALKING ABOUT THE PROBLEM INSTEAD OF BECOMING A FORCE TO HELP SOLVE THE PROBLEMS.

Standing on the outside howling like a small pack of dogs,...just waiting for someone else to do the real work.

Occupy is long on talk,...short on accomplishment.

Old 03-09-2013, 05:41 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
[quote=sol11;28596341]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
^^ I mean honestly. One of the only politically motivated movements actively helping the community. And one that has the least amount of capital.

Meanwhile lazy Americans bash the Americans trying to hold the banks and investors accountable.[/quote]

Pray tell,...just how is Occupy doing that? That's right folks,...TALKING ABOUT THE PROBLEM INSTEAD OF BECOMING A FORCE TO HELP SOLVE THE PROBLEMS.

Standing on the outside howling like a small pack of dogs,...just waiting for someone else to do the real work.

Occupy is long on talk,...short on accomplishment.
sol11,
You are describing the long-on-talk, short-on-accomplishment do-nothing republican Congress. How about your heroes doing "something about the problem". They shouldn't require "a force" to make them do their job.
Fact is your Congress doesn't consider corporate malfeasance a problem, because the party has become the American Corporate Fascist Party, so they will certainly do zilch on that front.

Calling attention to, and exposing to the people, corporate malfeasance is the reason you don't like OWS - the only reason!
All your rightie complaints about their hippie ways are nothing but bluster, yet you argue as though you think others don't see it.
Since you complain that OWS is not "accomplishing" much, that is also tacit admission that corporate accountability is a problem (for other people) in your mind.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:43 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Please, let this thread die like the bowel movement being discussed...

Old 03-09-2013, 08:04 PM

[quote=detwahDJ;28597883]
Quote:
sol11,
You are describing the long-on-talk, short-on-accomplishment do-nothing republican Congress. How about your heroes doing "something about the problem". They shouldn't require "a force" to make them do their job.
Fact is your Congress doesn't consider corporate malfeasance a problem, because the party has become the American Corporate Fascist Party, so they will certainly do zilch on that front.

Calling attention to, and exposing to the people, corporate malfeasance is the reason you don't like OWS - the only reason!
All your rightie complaints about their hippie ways are nothing but bluster, yet you argue as though you think others don't see it.
Since you complain that OWS is not "accomplishing" much, that is also tacit admission that corporate accountability is a problem (for other people) in your mind.
The Senate and the White House are democrat controlled. Uhh,...did you forget that the Senate is part of CONGRESS? (Just a short history lesson to bring you back to reality,...not to mention the FACT that democrats controlled BOTH house of Congress and the White House just a short two years ago.) Accomplishments,....'bout like Occupy,....nada, zilch, zero.

As for "corporate "malfesance", I have about as much influence there as Occupy. "Malfeasance" is bad,...but sitting around posting on an internet forum won't make it any better.

There,...I hope you are satisfied,...I've joined the Occupy movement. I've admitted that corporate malfeasance is bad, and have written about it on this open forum. Now all I have to do is find a bullhorn to perform mike checks, not bathe for a few weeks, and tune up my moaning and groaning techniques. Then I'll be a true occupier.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Please, let this thread die like the bowel movement being discussed...
I'll vote for this.....!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies