Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 06:44 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,639,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Obama killed my mother and raped my father.
And ate your Baby Sister after slaughtering the family Puppies and Kittens too surely ? Such an evil Dictator would surely not stop at just murder and rape ?!? Cannibalism and Puppy Slaying too. Don't let me down here. We must know the facts ! I would expect no less of a Kenyan Muslim Communist Extremist...

Stalin ? Hitler? Pol Pot? Milosovic? Pinochet? All rank Amateurs and barely worthy of being footnotes in the annals of World History when compared to your President. I would not be surprised if he actually has hoofs and a tail and hidden horns too...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You seem to think it's funny that Obama is ruining our economy. Even when all has to do is look to Spain or Germany to see what a disaster the entire green energy nonsense turned into.
Would that be the Germany with a better economy than the US ? The Germany with the strongest economy in Europe ? The Germany who has withstood this world economical crisis better than any other country in the West ? The Germany who despite one of the strongest social nets in the world is outperforming the US which has no such thing as Universal Healthcare, mandatory paid vacation , maternity leave, etc.... The Germany who according to economists is about the one model of western economic growth and success we should be trying to emulate ?

Or is there another Germany somewhere out there in outer space I am unaware of ? Some other Germany I was not taught about in Geography at school, and did not live in for years ? Please do enlighten us ?

You should be so lucky as to go down the route of the Germany I know about. America should be looking to it with respect and a little awe considering the mess your financial industry and irresponsibility got the entire world into a few years back ( sub-prime mortages anyone ? unbridled greed gone mad anyone ? unregulated financial sector drunk on its power anyone ? ). Oh yeah let's look at Germany and their success and deride that ? Those commies are doing so badly it's pitiful !!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:56 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,821,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Wealth and prosperity enable us to take care of the environment. Tree huggers have helped us get to a cleaner world thus far; but wrecking the economy will inevitably lead to a poorer, dirtier world. And Obama's total disconnect on jobs and the economy, exemplified by the EPA expansion, will wreck the economy. We won't be able to pay the teachers and green energy workers Obama is promising.

Utility bills will necessarily skyrocket, as the president said. And Americans' ability to afford food, clothing, and shelter will be severely compromised.
You might want to lay off the fox news. We have progressed away from steam engines and oil lanterns, moving forward and not living in the dark ages forever isn't a bad thing

Old 10-25-2012, 06:57 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,026,302 times
So it appears not one of the squealers had even clicked on the link and read the plans coming our way from this administration. Just the usual name calling and ignorance. Why even post if you can't defend what the EPA is getting ready to do? Do you actually think your ridiculous 3rd grade comments make you look intelligent? Apparently so.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Would that be the Germany with a better economy than the US ? The Germany with the strongest economy in Europe ? The Germany who has withstood this world economical crisis better than any other country in the West ? The Germany who despite one of the strongest social nets in the world is outperforming the US which has no such thing as Universal Healthcare, mandatory paid vacation , maternity leave, etc.... The Germany who according to economists is about the one model of western economic growth and success we should be trying to emulate ?

Or is there another Germany somewhere out there in outer space I am unaware of ? Some other Germany I was not taught about in Geography at school, and did not live in for years ? Please do enlighten us ?

You should be so lucky as to go down the route of the Germany I know about. America should be looking to it with respect and a little awe considering the mess your financial industry and irresponsibility got the entire world into a few years back ( sub-prime mortages anyone ? unbridled greed gone mad anyone ? unregulated financial sector drunk on its power anyone ? ). Oh yeah let's look at Germany and their success and deride that ? Those commies are doing so badly it's pitiful !!
NO that would be the Germany that is building 23 new coal fired plants because their green crap isn't working worth doodly which is the subject of this thread. Ask the German citizens if they mind becoming slaves to the EU to pay off all their debts. LOL.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:05 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,481,465 times
Ok.I clicked on the link and I see it`s just a political piece not rooted in reality. It`s really hard to get further than "far left green agenda"...."job killing EPA regulations"..."radical environmental left". FYI,I worked for a company that produced the majority of steel used in catalytic converters. Those job killing regulations put a lot of money in my wallet.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:27 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,500,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Obama is not trying to shut down oil and gas production.

There have been 241 million more barrels of oil produced from public lands in Obama's first three years than the last three years under George W. Bush.

The truth about oil and gas production on public land
Don't confuse people ... by presenting facts. The level of ignorance on display in discussions such as this has come to define so much of what's posted here at C-D on forums like this one.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So it appears not one of the squealers had even clicked on the link and read the plans coming our way from this administration. Just the usual name calling and ignorance. Why even post if you can't defend what the EPA is getting ready to do? Do you actually think your ridiculous 3rd grade comments make you look intelligent? Apparently so.
I did read it and it actually made me laugh. A bit hard to take seriously considering the language used. Not at all a biased piece. I prefer a little more balance and perspective with my articles. Thanks though this squealer really loves those threads. Always good for a little giggle.

Auf Wiedersehen !

Old 10-25-2012, 07:34 AM

Obviously you didn't read it because it's not an article it's a senate report put together by the Committee of Environment and Public Works. Yes it is obviously hard to take serious by you because it tells reality not some green garbage from "articles" that you folks lap up. You keep on giggling and making yourself look ridiculous. It is all many do.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:42 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,687,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Obama is not trying to shut down oil and gas production.

There have been 241 million more barrels of oil produced from public lands in Obama's first three years than the last three years under George W. Bush.

The truth about oil and gas production on public land
Public lands are out of his control, for the most part. The Keystone pipeline only needed to get the treaty approved to allow the Canadians to cross over into the US border, and Obama refused to allow that. so he does what he can to slow or prevent fossil fuel production, or increase costs, in order to try and artificially level the playing field between the fossil fuel industry and the green energy industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies