Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2012, 02:14 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Como?? I can't really decipher what you're trying to say here, but Fiyero made a very valid point... why should gays & lesbians have to "endorse" and subsidize something they don't even get to do themselves? Did it ever occur to you that THEY might have those feelings too, and who made heterosexuals so special that we all have to acknowledge your/our marriages?

Not to mention, legalizing gay marriage would (according to estimates) bring us millions of dollars in revenue annually. So if nothing else, it would be a smart financial move for our states.
I have you on my list of people who agree with me about getting government out of the marriage business.

Do I need to remove you from that list - because you are starting to sound like you don't fully mean what you say, even though you claim to be somewhat neutral on the subject.

Or did I mistake your true views?

Old 10-28-2012, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
You're missing the entire point here. Apparently to some, god created everything. So as part of that everything, homosexuality is included in there. god created homosexuality. then those same folk claim that homosexuals are spawns of satan, who in turn is a creation of god who in turn created homosexuality. Thus we're right back to where we started.

Perversion or not - doesn't take away from the fact that the religious zealots in America feel that homosexuals are satan's handiwork or whatever when to them everything came from god.

Now you pick and choose what came from god? Really?
Think of anything that you consider wrong or immoral (I will not name something because then you will accuse me of comparing it to homosexuality - which I will do - and you want to know why? BEACAUSE GOD DID NOT CREATE IT).

Anything that is wrong or immoral is something that MEN AND WOMEN INVENTED. God gave us free will and we have the choice to follow His law - or go our own way - which invariably leads to death.

God, because He loves His children - sent His son, Jesus Christ to die on a cross for our sin - and Jesus was ressurected on the third day following His death. His death and ressurection represented the atonement for our sins and the new life that we have in Jesus Christ. There is no condemnation for those who accept His free gift. We are made holy and reconciled to God by accepting the Lord, Jesus Christ and our sins are washed away - made as white as snow. We are given the power to live lives as a new creation - no longer a slave to sin as we once were.

May God bless all who read this post - and may everyone who does come to accept Jesus Christ as their Savior.

(for those who want me to "take it to the religion forum" -i remind you that I was asked a direct question about my faith - and I answered it).

Old 10-28-2012, 02:28 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,371 times
Quote:
Also thanks to stargazzer for the linguistics lesson, but as of now (and probably more so in the future) the courts would disagree. So I suggest you take up this issue with them, if it bothers you so much... although why what somebody else calls their relationship matters to you, I have absolutely no idea. If your own relationship could be affected by this issue, I'm guessing it wasn't that strong in the first place.
Why would I care what any court says, or what gay people think the court says..?

What I care about is what decent people in the world cherish in the meaning of the word, as it is attached to meaningful good people, like family friends...and showing the factual reality that the word and its expressed cannot be hijacked no matter what any court or individual says. For some people it matters in their interior understandings in the comprehensions of life and those they care for. Taking shots at my personal life will not help the disgruntles in light of truth.

Last edited by stargazzer; 10-28-2012 at 02:39 AM..

Old 10-28-2012, 03:03 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I have you on my list of people who agree with me about getting government out of the marriage business.

Do I need to remove you from that list - because you are starting to sound like you don't fully mean what you say, even though you claim to be somewhat neutral on the subject.

Or did I mistake your true views?
Those were facts I was pointing out, not my personal opinions. As I stated in another post on this thread, I think the government should get out of the marriage business... people can have religious or secular ceremonies if they so desire, and the legal contracts should be separate. I'm not a legal expert, so that's as far as I can explain it, but pretty sure I still agree with you on this point.

Until this happens, however, marriage is in fact a legal issue - and where our opinions differ is in present time, as I believe homosexuals should be allowed to participate NOW. It could take generations for the government to get out of marriage, so in the meantime it's unfair to limit this based on gender.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Why would I care what any court says, or what gay people think the court says..?

What I care about is what decent people in the world cherish in the meaning of the word, as it is attached to meaningful good people, like family friends...and showing the factual reality that the word and its expressed cannot be hijacked no matter what any court or individual says. For some people it matters in their interior understandings in the comprehensions of life and those they care for. Taking shots at my personal life will not help the disgruntles in light of truth.
Blah blah blah. Why is it that EVERY non-conservative married heterosexual I know supports SSM, and does not worry it will erode their relationships? I wasn't attacking your personal life, I was only posing a very obvious truth. I don't even know if you're married, FYI, so this was actually more of a hypothetical comment - as I truly believe if anyone's marriage could be destroyed by the marriage of Joe & Bob, it must not have been a strong relationship from the beginning. You worry about yourself, and let them worry about themselves. Simple as that.

And please stop bringing up HIV, since that has nothing to do with the issue of gay marriage. Your complaints are only related to sexual behavior, unprotected sex, etc, which are not behaviors exclusive to homosexuals... and certainly not behaviors that are dependent upon marriage (quite the opposite, in fact). We also already pointed out that worldwide numbers show heterosexuals with higher rates, and even in the US lesbians account for the the LOWEST rates. So if you insist upon attaching STD stats to marriage laws, can I assume you at least support lesbian marriages?

Old 10-28-2012, 03:15 AM

Quote:
And please stop bringing up HIV, since that has nothing to do with the issue of gay marriage. As I already pointed out, that's more of an argument FOR allowing them to wed! Your complaints are more related to sexual behavior, unprotected sex, etc, which are not behaviors exclusive of homosexuals... we also pointed out that worldwide numbers show the opposite, and even in the US lesbians account for the the LOWEST rates. So if you insist upon attaching STD rates to marriage laws, can I assume you at least support lesbian marriages?
Where in that person's post that you quoted were STD''s mentioned?

Old 10-28-2012, 03:19 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,371 times
Quote:
Blah blah blah. Why is it that EVERY non-conservative married heterosexual I know supports SSM, and does not worry it will erode their relationships? I wasn't attacking your personal life, I was only posing a very obvious truth. I don't even know if you're married, FYI, so this was actually more of a hypothetical comment - as I truly believe if anyone's marriage could be destroyed by the marriage of Joe & Bob, it must not have been a strong relationship from the beginning. You worry about yourself, and let them worry about themselves. Simple as that.

And please stop bringing up HIV, since that has nothing to do with the issue of gay marriage. Your complaints are more related to sexual behavior, unprotected sex, etc, which are not behaviors exclusive of homosexuals... we also pointed out that worldwide numbers show the opposite, and even in the US lesbians account for the the LOWEST rates. So if you insist upon attaching STD rates to marriage laws, can I assume you at least support lesbian marriages?

well maybe you slipped and the comments weren't made, deliberately.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Where in that person's post that you quoted were STD''s mentioned?
Nowhere, it was in another of his recent replies... it's difficult to multi-quote from an iPhone (which I'm on right now), and I didn't feel like making two separate posts. When did you join the thread police? LOL

Old 10-28-2012, 03:24 AM

Here... 1:04am (PST), in response to another of my posts. Happy now? Sheesh. It's not that hard to look back a page, people!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
1) There is no such thing as a gay marriage regardless of any law, within the human language. See above post. A document cannot deceive or change the meaning of words, without being clear. The job of a document is being clear.

2) .. statistics show...gay people have on average over hundreds of sexual partners in a life, married or not.

3) DC is over 3% hiv. Its so bad there was a convention a while ago because of all the women becoming infected by the bi guys. There is anger.

The disease can be quiet for up to 8 years but...infecting all the while without anyone knowing...it is a scientific fact the male/male fuels the disease. If you need links..please ch yourself.

the gay act is immoral, it cannot be argued without changing the English language.

There is no such thing as a gay marriage, there can only be , within the english language a relationship "like or near....the understood event known as marriage.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Nowhere, it was in another of his recent replies... it's difficult to multi-quote from an iPhone (which I'm on right now), and I didn't feel like making two separate posts. When did you join the thread police? LOL
OK - I apologize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies