Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 05:42 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
A woman is soley responsible for birth control. She decides who she spreads her legs for

her problem
Yep. Her problem and she can resolve it. With or without a man's input.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:42 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,676,902 times
You mean, some legal right that precludes the woman having an abortion without the man's permission? Absolutely not. It's her body. If two people can't agree on whether to have children together, there's always birth control. Anyway, if they disagree on that, they're probably not going to have much of a future.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:44 PM

629 posts, read 771,476 times
No problem. And if she gets horney again tell her to stop by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Yep. Her problem and she can resolve it. With or without a man's input.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:59 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,038,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
There are issues where women seem to want all sides.

They want to abort or not abort.
They want men to have no choice or to pay if the woman chooses to keep the child.

Didn't the man's genetics get involved here and aren't they in the child the woman is choosing life or death over?

If the man has no say, he should maybe not have to pay support unless he wants the child? Would that be fair or is this only a woman's right to everything?
Is it fair that a woman has to suffer through pregnancy and childbirth and men do not? NO

Is it fair a man has to support a child he would have chose to abort? NO

But, guess what? Life isn't fair....get over it.

Since biology put the burden of childbearing on the woman.....the woman, and only the woman......gets to decide whether a pregnancy goes to term.....or not.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:03 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,550,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
Well does he? Anybody can answer this question btw.Me personally since I am pro-choice,I think men just need to sit down, and shut the hell up. That's probably one of the reasons why I should vote for Obama.
If he has not choice, should he be mandated to pay for child support? Why not tell the mother that if the guy does not want the child and she wants to have it, she is on her own. If the law was that way, I wonder how many women would try harder and not get pregnant.

Now, in a married couple if the couple get married with the intent to have children and they clearly stated so, I do believe that the husband should have a say on that.

If an unmarried couple have sex and he tells her he does not want any children, and she gets pregnant know that the potential is there, she should be on her own.

Unfortunately, one gender is the one that carries the baby through a pregnancy. It is her body. However, I believe once a woman allows a sperm to be housed in her womb is like saying she is sharing the product of that womb with the father and both should have a say on the issue.

To say for the guy to just sit down to me simply is saying men do not count. How does that affect men and society as a whole? I do believe it has resulted in men being more and more alienated. They only see themselves as having to pay but not involved on life decisions for their children and themselves.

Consequences? Many men have become more and more uncaring. Society has changed because of that. Men do not see a pregnancy as something that requires honorable actions. If they try they face the consequences honorably they are told to sit down and shut up. What do you expect from the to do then? Just sit down and shut up when they are asked all they need to do is pay and stay sitting down and shup up?

To me other unintended consequences have happened with this type of attitude towards men. Supposedly women would be so much happier when pioneers worked so hard to get the same rights and men. Yet, I have seen more and more surveys where they seem more unhappy and now blame men for all their perils. One way or another it is the men's fault.

What perception of men do little girls get when their moms talk in this way about men which includes their father because he is a man? How do little boys feel when their moms say the men should sit down and shut up. How type of respect and care would they develop when they hear their moms talk about men as someone whose opinions do not count? I have three girls and I am glad my wife takes my opinion very much and the same goes from me for her. They would not dare put down my wifes opion in front of me. I am glad she and my daughters do not hold such views against men.
As far as voting for Obama. My priority is the economy. I women can get abortions if they want to without the permission of the guy. I do not care how much a president may be against abortion. The nation as a whole whould not support banning it. President Reagan was not able to do such think much less Rommey. So I believe that comparing issues (economy vs abortion) it is better to vote for someone I believe has a better chance to provide jobs for the people. Take care.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:04 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
Men have no right telling a woman what she can do with her body.
Women have no right murdering babies.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:10 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,928 times
It's still the woman's body so it should only be her choice that matters. With that said, if she decides to have the baby against the wishes of the father, then the father has ASBOLUTELY no obligation to provide support whatsoever.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:13 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
Well does he? Anybody can answer this question btw.Me personally since I am pro-choice,I think men just need to sit down, and shut the hell up. That's probably one of the reasons why I should vote for Obama.
Agreed and I'm def a dude.

Tho DON'T expect a man to pay child support if a woman gets pregnant unless they're married.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:15 PM

629 posts, read 771,476 times
So far on this thread I have women telling me on the one hand child bearing is a painful life changing burden that she should be in full control over because its her body.

On the other hand women are saying that birth control is the responsibilty of the man and he should be in control of his sperm.

what an evil, forked tounge double standard

Old 10-28-2012, 06:20 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,192,949 times
Quote:

I look at it this way, it takes 2 to have that child made. if people only want the woman to be able to make the choice, then if the man does not want to pay child support, they should not be made to. also if the man doesnt pay child support, they get no access to the child at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies