Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2012, 06:57 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,059,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Here is where I mixed views. One part of me would say that the taxpayer say it is not his choice whether the woman aborts or not. The other part says it is not the child's fault and he is the father.

Also, why should the taxpayer pay? If the woman decides to keep the baby, then she should pay. If she is old enough to have a baby and wants to exercise that rigth, her responsibility is to carry the burden. If she can't and want the taxpayer to carry the burden, than I as a taxpayer that has to pay should have a say so on the matter. I should be able to say she that if she cannot support it I as a taxpayer demand the babe taken away from her and give it to a couple that want to take care of the baby. Doesnt the legal system terminate parental right if they do not take care of their children in many other casees?Why not in this case? Take care.
Then why shouldn't ALL children on wefare be taken away from their parents?

If you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em. Married or not.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:02 PM

629 posts, read 772,484 times
Yes, they should. And those mothers should be charged for neglect and abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Then why shouldn't ALL children on wefare be taken away from their parents?

If you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em. Married or not.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
A woman accepts more responsability when she spreads her legs. after all its her body her choice
And if a man doesn't want to gamble about getting stuck paying child support.....he should keep it in his pants or use a condom and spermicide. He should at least put the odds in his favor.

If there was a male version of the pill, I wouldn't take a man's word for it.....I would still take precautions to protect myself. {unless I was married to him}

Old 10-28-2012, 07:06 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,829,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
The sperm donor has to BE MARRIED to the woman to have any say in the matter. He then has some legal recourse if she aborts a healthy fetus.
That is silly. So you have to get a breeding licence from the state or church to make any conception legitimate? I thought humans were not animals. I have a great story for you.

Just before my last son was born my wife was pregnant with a prior child..that she aborted..She was in a panic and to this day I do not know why she aborted seeing she bore another child almost immediately.

During that time - I called up the doctors office- the doctor she had booked to do the abortion- I threatened to sue him if he proceeded...The abortion was canceled..but not for long.

Little did I know that this doctor did forensic work for the local cops. In the mean time my wife was in a panic..I suspect that the child was the result of an affair...That would not have been an issue for me- but to her it was.

Then a few days later- I have two very large and aggressive plain clothes police show up at my home..They forced their way in and sat me down to a pro-choice lecture. They were literally yelling at me..they kept pointing to my wife doing the dishes and saying "she is a person too" - oddly the wife left and they did not notice.

The older cop told me he and his new wife were happy- that lately she got pregnant and they BOTH agreed to abort the child. I asked him if HE wanted the baby-the man stood silent and appeared about to cry...The the younger cop came flying across the room and yelled "I was adopted - do you have a problem with that?"

Finally to get them out of the house...I agreed that abortion was a good thing- I had to agree with them to get rid of the intruders.

Then- about a year later my last son was born...I was there in delivery...helping..with a couple of nurses..Just as the baby was about to emerge...They called for a doctor...The doctor stepped in and took over- I was watching his hands as he pulled the baby free..I heard one of the nurses call him by name...by coincidence it was the same doctor that performed the abortion.

It was so strange to watch the doctors hands..to him whether it was birth or the termination of it - it is was all the same to this guy..They put the baby in my arms...and it was wonderful..later the child was take out to be cleaned up-when they returned there was a mark on the top of his head. To this day I wonder if that doctor did something sinister....

True story...A man has no reproductive rights what so ever. Others take authority over the man- and the woman for that matter -abortion is not free choice..it is a subtle form of control of both sexes and of birth.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:07 PM

629 posts, read 772,484 times
Its no gamble, I wouldnt pay it. We have laws in this country allowing the murder of a child and I damn well expect her to use it

Old 10-28-2012, 07:08 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,209,709 times
Quote:
If the mother cannot support the child on her own, why should the man who fathered the child get off scott free, while putting the burden on the taxpayer?

if an abortion is only the womans choice, then the man should not have to be forced to pay for something he doesnt want. also, if the man doesnt want to pay for child support, then they should not have any rights either for that child.

also, my view on having goverment pay for children is, if you cant pay for the child yourself, then do have the child. if you cant afford the child, then stop having sex until you can, or have responsible sex.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
Women have managed to legislate themselves into a position where they have all the control but take no responsability for their actions.

Feminazis have ruined the family and this country. Hope you like the moral degradation you have wrought
That is a load of BS.

Men have been abandoning their families, their children, since the begining of time.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:19 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,176,784 times
Quote:
If the mother cannot support the child on her own, why should the man who fathered the child get off scott free, while putting the burden on the taxpayer?
This. I wasn't the one who chose to have sex with her.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:42 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,147,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
Well does he? Anybody can answer this question btw.Me personally since I am pro-choice,I think men just need to sit down, and shut the hell up. That's probably one of the reasons why I should vote for Obama.
Are you freaking kidding me? Pretty sure the baby is half theirs. Just because the woman is the one carrying the child doesn't mean that it should be just her decision.

It's pretty messed up when you think about it. Women have no problem having sex with a man, but they have a problem when a man has an opinion. It's even more messed up when the man doesn't mind that she doesn't wanna listen to him, or when he doesn't care enough to give an opinion.

I am losing all hope for the world. We are screwed. If it's not Republicans/Conservatives fighting Democrats/Liberals it's women fighting men. Whats next, North fighting south? We are screwed as a Nation, and, possibly, screwed as a race.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:44 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,421,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Are you freaking kidding me? Pretty sure the baby is half theirs. Just because the woman is the one carrying the child doesn't mean that it should be just her decision.

It's pretty messed up when you think about it. Women have no problem having sex with a man, but they have a problem when a man has an opinion. It's even more messed up when the man doesn't mind that she doesn't wanna listen to him, or when he doesn't care enough to give an opinion.

I am losing all hope for the world. We are screwed. If it's not Republicans/Conservatives fighting Democrats/Liberals it's women fighting men. Whats next, North fighting south? We are screwed as a Nation, and, possibly, screwed as a race.
Try not to see things in such absolutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies