Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 08:47 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
What if they are using some other method of transportation?

I seriously doubt with the miniscule amount of time mankind has lived in the Multiverse they have discovered everything there is to know...

barren = empty, nothing zilch, zip, nada..... So if space is barren there is no life in space e.g. aliens don't exist...

As I said, you conspiracy people are always good for a laugh, now it's CERN, last month chemtrails, before that Kennedy, before that America's Moon landings...
If something is suspicious, isn't it human nature to ask questions?

Old 10-30-2012, 08:57 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
If something is suspicious, isn't it human nature to ask questions?
Hate to burst your conspiracy bubble but this doesn't qualify, just plain old mechanical glitches.....

Quote:
A link from a GPS receiver to the OPERA master clock was loose, which increased the delay through the fiber. The glitch's effect was to decrease the reported flight time of the neutrinos by 73 ns, making them seem faster than light.[21][22]

A clock on an electronic board ticked faster than its expected 10 MHz frequency, lengthening the reported flight-time of neutrinos, thereby somewhat reducing the seeming faster-than-light effect. OPERA stated the component had been operating outside its specifications.[23]
I kinda doubt that 2,400 people are all in on this "conspiracy"

Old 10-30-2012, 09:01 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
To me it seems like a cover up. The organization runs the test multiple times and continuously gets the same result. Neutrinos were traveling faster than the speed of light.
Virtually the entire universe of physics was skeptical of the initial experiment. Even those directly involved in the findings qualified their conclusions and called for independent analysis which was then carried out by Borexino, LVD, OPERA and ICARUS projects at the Laboratori Nazionali del Gran Sasso in Italy which all found the original findings to be flawed.

Now frankly, in my neck of the woods, its pretty damned hard to keep a secret between three people much less that many experimental and theoretical physicist involved in what could have been one of the most wildly universe shattering discovery in physics.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Hate to burst your conspiracy bubble but this doesn't qualify, just plain old mechanical glitches.....

I kinda doubt that 2,400 people are all in on this "conspiracy"
2,400 people? Lol.

Now you must be trolling.

Listen, if you're somebody that knows something that I'm not supposed to know and you're trying to tell me to shut up, then fine.

I don't even care. I talk too much as it is.

Your secret is safe with me. Just don't transfer an explosion into my heart. It would not be worth it, trust me.

I don't even have a flat screen tv.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Virtually the entire universe of physics was skeptical of the initial experiment. Even those directly involved in the findings qualified their conclusions and called for independent analysis which was then carried out by Borexino, LVD, OPERA and ICARUS projects at the Laboratori Nazionali del Gran Sasso in Italy which all found the original findings to be flawed.

Now frankly, in my neck of the woods, its pretty damned hard to keep a secret between three people much less that many experimental and theoretical physicist involved in what could have been one of the most wildly universe shattering discovery in physics.
Any person knowledgeable of scientific history can cite numerous examples of scientific suppression, character assassination, and essentially banishment. Gauss's nonlinear geometry, Wegener's continental drift, Mayer's discovery of the conservation of energy, Ovshinsky's amorphous semiconductors.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:09 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Please don't include Tesla in your wacko theories. Tesla was one of the most brilliant minds the world has ever known, and your mere mention of him in a post like this is utterly disgusting.

BTW http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/05...light_quantum/

Old 10-30-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
2,400 people? Lol.

Now you must be trolling.
Seems you are ignorant and clueless when it comes to CERN:

Quote:
The term CERN is also used to refer to the laboratory, which employs just under 2,400 full-time employees
CERN - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Listen, if you're somebody that knows something that I'm not supposed to know and you're trying to tell me to shut up, then fine.

I don't even care.
The topic of this thread is based on paranoia and a wild imagination and follows true to form the classic conspiracy characteristics...

Ten characteristics of conspiracy theorists - a look into the mind of conspiraloons, nutjobs and tin foil hatters

Old 10-30-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Please don't include Tesla in your wacko theories. Tesla was one of the most brilliant minds the world has ever known, and your mere mention of him in a post like this is utterly disgusting.

BTW US gov boffins achieve speeds FASTER THAN LIGHT ? The Register
In 1932 Tesla wrote of "small particles, each carrying so small a charge, that we are justified in calling them neutrinos. They move with great velocity, exceeding that of light."

Perhaps, thy should slappeth thyself.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:20 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Every day at work I used to watch the evidence of something travelling faster than the speed of light. Each morning when I went into the spent fuel bay to take some readings I watched the water that the spent fuel bundles were stored in. That water glowed with an erie blue glow. That glow is called scintillation and it is caused by a release of energy as a beta particle passes a light photon. The beta particles are travelling faster than the light and this effect has been known for a long time.

Last edited by lucknow; 10-30-2012 at 09:58 PM..

Old 10-30-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
In 1932 Tesla wrote of "small particles, each carrying so small a charge, that we are justified in calling them neutrinos. They move with great velocity, exceeding that of light."

Perhaps, thy should slappeth thyself.
And just how did Tesla prove in a scientific accredited manner that neutrinos exceeded the speed of light?

Words are cheap....

And please take your S&M stuff to a different forum.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies