Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 09:19 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,200,465 times

Advertisements

In previous tragedies in the US, how long did it take Obama to visit the areas affected, well too long!

Over 7 days in each one!

So, do not tell me that he is now being presidential, he is just going for the photo op
And he did not even visit New York....By the way Obama: New York also got hit!

1) In the worst environmental crisis hitting the US, how long did take Obama to visit the New Orleans

BP oil SPILL area? THIRTEEN DAYS!!!!

How long did take Obama to visit the BP Oil SPILL disaster, 13 days!!

According to the Washington Post:

"He flew in and out of New Orleans on May 2, drove two hours to a Coast Guard station and got a briefing before taking a quick helicopter tour. He did not even see the oil slick"

Democratic strategist James Carville, who lives in New Orleans and has been highly critical of the administration's actions, said he is "glad" Obama is coming.

James Carville, Obama supporter:

"But he said the president has been too measured overall. "Eleven people are killed because of multinational corporate greed, malfeasance and possibly criminal negligence? I think Franklin Roosevelt would have jumped out of his wheelchair and run down here to be in the middle of this."

Amid criticism over oil spill, Obama will visit Gulf Coast again

2) How about when the tornado hit Joplin Missouri?

It took him over a week!!

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

Just a thought. And I know these trips are planned way in advance. But what message is conveyed by pictures of President Obama downing a pint of Guinness and laughing it up with the Irish people while the people of Joplin, Missouri, search through the wreckage of their lives for dead family members?

It's estimated 80 million people could be affected by the continuing threat of severe weather. It could impact cities like Omaha, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, and Wichita, Kansas… and yes, Joplin could get hit again. We have already experienced the worst tornado outbreak in the last 50 years.

Meanwhile we have airlifted the first family and the gang that travels with them to Europe for six days of hobnobbing with various heads of state, eating the finest foods and drinking the best wines while Mother Nature wreaks havoc on innocent people in America's heartland.

Remember Katrina and the pathetic response of the Bush administration to the utter destruction of the city of New Orleans? In the back of my mind, I can't help but think that voters remembered Katrina well when they stepped into the booth in 2008 and elected America's first African-American president.

Here’s my question to you: What message is sent to the people of the Joplin, Missouri, by the president’s trip to Europe?

What message is sent to the people of the Joplin, Missouri, by the president

And do not ge me started on the BENGHAZI cover up, he actually left on his plane to go to a Las Vegas fundraiser within 24 hours of the attack. And the LIES began.....

Obama is not presidentail at all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 09:22 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
In 0bama's defense *joke*, Cuomo and Bloomie both told him to stay away.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:28 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Right wing logic:

Obama goes to disasters right away = He's a terrible president just there for the photo op

Obama doesn't go to disasters right away = He's a terrible president that doesn't care

Old 11-02-2012, 09:43 PM

Lightbulb Thanks Dale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
In 0bama's defense *joke*, Cuomo and Bloomie both told him to stay away.

Thanks Dale, but what I am saying is look at how he has handled previous tragedies, problems.

He either goes to a fundraiser within 24 hours or

He goes on vacation, plays golf, gets to the tragedy when he feels like it

Old 11-02-2012, 10:39 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,136 times
Saw this on Facebook.

Since I'm into spreading good news ..

Old 11-02-2012, 11:25 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,263,463 times
This wasn't 9/11. POTUS viewing the destruction means nothing. Jersey is a tried and truejb blue state anyway.

Last edited by Informed Info; 11-02-2012 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: just got power back on in my NJ town..no internet. cell phone only thing keeping me connect

Old 11-02-2012, 11:31 PM

244 posts, read 390,568 times
No it was on a much larger scale than 9/11.....But that's ok he will have time to reflect when he is in federal prison for 4 counts of murder.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:32 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Rockford View Post
No it was on a much larger scale than 9/11.....But that's ok he will have time to reflect when he is in federal prison for 4 counts of murder.
But,but, you just don't undrstand, he's Barack Obama. !!!!!!

Old 11-03-2012, 12:48 AM

Thumbs up Awesome post! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Saw this on Facebook.

Since I'm into spreading good news ..

Mr Close, I love it!!!And so true!!! I tried to copy your post in my reply, but its not coming out!!

I want to be able to copy it, so I can send it to my Dad

Thanks so much!

Old 11-03-2012, 01:49 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Mr Close, I love it!!!And so true!!! I tried to copy your post in my reply, but its not coming out!!

I want to be able to copy it, so I can send it to my Dad

Thanks so much!
Right click on the picture and save it to your folder.

If you are sending it by email .. you may want to reduce the size.

If you need help doing that (re-sizing) PM me and I'll give you a hand!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies