Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:35 PM

266 posts, read 402,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Agreed. His biggest accomplishment is he ended Don't Ask Don't Tell and came out in support of gay marriage. That's all people under 30 care about and thats what won him the election.
Thank you. So many more important issues that need to be addressed before gay marriage is even a consideration. Ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 12:38 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
How much do you understand the military? You cannot just yank people out. It's not like, "Okay kids, get your shoes on, we're going for a Sunday ride and I don't want to hear any whining." It doesn't work that way.

after being in the military for 8 years, and a disabled vet I understand quite a bit about the military. I know you cant just yank the military out, but you sure as heck can yank them out in 6 months. pbo has had more than that to bring the troops home.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:40 PM

266 posts, read 402,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Will Obama now meet with his Jobs Council?
Of course not. Why would he? He doesn't need to worry about getting re-elected anymore now. Nothin' to lose. What a great position he is in.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:21 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Ended the war, killed Osama, passed health care bill, and now got re-elected. Obama just can't seem to lose.
Here's an article from Esquire. I found it quite powerful.

The Greatness of Barack Obama Is Our Great Project, by Charles P. Pierce - Esquire

Old 11-07-2012, 04:38 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Ended the war, killed Osama, passed health care bill, and now got re-elected. Obama just can't seem to lose.
Benghazi
Fast and Furious
Largest deficits in US history
US debt downgraded for first time
Massive unemployment
Solyndra
A123 Systems
Class warfare

Yes, he is a real keeper.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:41 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,817,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyover-resident View Post
Funny he just mentioned military vets like me shouldn't have to worry about finding a job when they get home in his speech... When I'm struggling to keep mine because of his energy policies and his EPA.
Um yeah....whatever Sir.

It must be really cool being so dumb and blind.

Thousands and THOUSANDS can't even get hired at McDs right now.

Liar!!!

Old 11-07-2012, 05:19 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Benghazi
Fast and Furious
Largest deficits in US history
US debt downgraded for first time
Massive unemployment
Solyndra
A123 Systems
Class warfare

Yes, he is a real keeper.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:24 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,032,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
A bit premature to add Obama to the list. He has been given 4 more years and his presidential legacy won't be determined until sometime after he is out of office.
In 50 years from now, Obama Care is going to be a household word. What kind of legacy do Republican presidents leave?

Old 11-07-2012, 09:40 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Most successful? So far, I would say he's in the middle. But, who is the only President besides FDR, to win back to back terms AND 50% of the popular vote? As of yesterday, Barack Obama.
He also got less of a percentage of the popular vote in his reelection than he did when he was originally elected.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:44 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
He didn't cause the problems we are facing. He walked into a big mess. Our prior President Bush got us into this big mess. For what he's had to work with, I think he's done alright this past 4 years and I didn't even vote for him the first time around.
Explain how Bush got us into this mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies