Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 03:15 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,981,321 times

Advertisements

Why do high-school educated whites lean Republican?

I'm hoping for answers from the people I've described or from others who are truly in touch with them and genuinely understands their perspective.

I know that while high-school educated whites lean Republican, many still vote Democrat, especially if they are union members. So another question is, is the pro-union stance the only reason they vote for Democrats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 03:17 AM

196 posts, read 231,707 times
Lol, examples please...

Old 11-07-2012, 03:31 AM

744 posts, read 1,091,788 times
Because they are over-represented in states like West Virginia and Kentucky, which vote GOP by huge numbers.

If you were to subtract the South and Appalachian states, Obama would have won the white vote--of all education and income levels.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:56 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Why do high-school educated whites lean Republican?

I'm hoping for answers from the people I've described or from others who are truly in touch with them and genuinely understands their perspective.

I know that while high-school educated whites lean Republican, many still vote Democrat, especially if they are union members. So another question is, is the pro-union stance the only reason they vote for Democrats?
Maybe because high school educated whites in the red states are about as educated as eighth graders in the blue states.

Time for them to put down those books of fiction they read all the time and open up a text book.

I know here in NC if you can read by the fourth grade they give you a gold star. If you can't read by the second grade in the Blue states you get left behind.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:59 AM

365 posts, read 644,906 times
I do believe a lot of union members vote their self interest and not necessarily their personal politics. Look at Wisconsin. If it was up to the GOP. There wouldn't be any Unions in America at all.

Unions allowed low educated men and women to raise families. There is a lot of good and bad with that of course but that is just the reality.

Why would you vote for a party that basically wants to destroy your lively hood and that of your future generations.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:17 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Actually, college-educated Americans voted for Romney by a pretty wide margin.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:31 AM

110 posts, read 200,629 times
The parties are mainly split by race. Nonwhites mainly vote for the left because they get free stuff and the left promotes the view that nonwhites are morally superior to whites. Whites mainly vote for the right, because that free stuff nonwhites get mainly comes out the pockets of whites. The whites who vote for the left are mainly feminist shrews and weirdos.

Both parties are useless (libertarianism as well), and only really serve the interests of Jews.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:34 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Source? I would be interested in that breakdown since so much focus has been on white blue collar workers.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:41 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowclop View Post
The parties are mainly split by race. Nonwhites mainly vote for the left because they get free stuff and the left promotes the view that nonwhites are morally superior to whites. Whites mainly vote for the right, because that free stuff nonwhites get mainly comes out the pockets of whites. The whites who vote for the left are mainly feminist shrews and weirdos.

Both parties are useless (libertarianism as well), and only really serve the interests of Jews.
Coming from MA and being surrounded by democratic voters who are scientists, engineers, the kind of people that impact western life significantly, it's bizarre to see them referred to as weirdos. Unless you're being sarcastic and intentionally trying to fit a stereotype yourself.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:07 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Your probably talking about football and basketball colleges, you not talking about colleges where academics outweigh sports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies