Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:07 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by merv1225 View Post
Who in this year's GOP crop was a better candidate? Gingrich? Santorum? Cain? Trump? Bachmann?
In my order Cain then Santorum, but i was really after Ron Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 12:08 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I almost never write about myself, considering the subject too boring and unimportant, despite numberous desperate leftist attempts to change the subject from whatever a thread was started for to "what Little-Acorn thinks".

But I predicted that Romney would win the popular vote by 5-6%, and win Ohio, Florida, Virginia, Colorado, and possibly Pennsylvania.

I was wrong. I'll devote considerable effort from here on in, to making sure I don't make the same mistake twice.

So, instead of the course of changing our government from an interfering one to a non-interfering one that lets people run their own lives and their own country, we will now see four more years of what it has been for the last four: A govt that believes it can fix things, while ignoring the fact it govt is what broke them in the first place, and keeps overriding the decisions of citizens on how to run their own lives, and uses its coercive power to take from those who earn and give to those who either can't (for whatever reason) or won't.
you certainly were not the only one that was wrong. it is beyond my wildest imagination how this happened, but it did, now if it time for the GOP to reflect and rebuild, so we can come out on top in 2016.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:15 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you certainly were not the only one that was wrong. it is beyond my wildest imagination how this happened, but it did
The cause is simple. You believed what you wanted to believe rather than what the facts were showing you.

Quote:
now if it time for the GOP to reflect and rebuild, so we can come out on top in 2016.
You had this chance in 2008 and you doubled down on the same. Maybe now the message in clear, but I have a feeling it will just get MORE extreme.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:18 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,462,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
because that is what liberals did in 2000? and in 2004?

LOL.

sorry im not going to be gracious to an electorate that decided to vote for the guy that would give them more stuff.
Then looks like you better get used to being a (sore) loser...

Old 11-07-2012, 12:19 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,181,039 times
I thought Romney would win, not by much, but a win. I underestimated how the "Chicago gang" was able to put together a group of voters and win a majority. Lies about a war against women was the teachable moment for this election.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:19 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,728,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
It appears to be too late to edit a typo in post 5.

"The old USA is dead and gone. 1883 thru 2012..... it's it dead and gone."

Should be 1783 not 1883.
The old USA was gone in 1983, Mac, but many were fooled into thinking that the Reagan "recovery" was a real recovery.

Millions of new "burger-flipping" jobs appeared while the jobs that built our middle class quietly disappeared overseas along with our national treasure. By 1987 some of us saw very clearly where we headed, but many to this day remain in denial of what the Reagan era and influence really did to this country. That includes all who thought electing Romney was the ticket back to good times.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:23 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Oh, please. The only women I've heard of that believe that tripe are empty headed hollywood types. And a few nutcases here.

Real women with working brains know better.
We certainly like to think as you do dont we? problem is the election tells us something very different.

had Romney won 50% of women, this would have been a republican victory. Guess what? Romney got waxed where women are concerned.

Now I think it is sick that the democrats appeal to women by threatening (falsely mostly) their sex organs, but it works. We had better accept this and start to devise a plan that counters that nonsense.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:25 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Then looks like you better get used to being a (sore) loser...
if you have read anything ive posted today then clearly you know that is exactly what I am doing.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:28 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,907,435 times
Well, I for one, know I'm right.

Neither Romney nor Obama are worth a tinkers dam.

As long as we continue to have the second highest corporate tax rate in the world, as long as we keep meddling in the affairs of other nations, as long as we continue to kick the old can down the road ..

There will be no jobs, no production, no peace.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:35 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Well, I for one, know I'm right.

Neither Romney nor Obama are worth a tinkers dam.

As long as we continue to have the second highest corporate tax rate in the world, as long as we keep meddling in the affairs of other nations, as long as we continue to kick the old can down the road ..

There will be no jobs, no production, no peace.
Reality Check: Effective U.S. Corporate Tax Rate Much Lower Than Most Other Developed Nations | ThinkProgress
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies