Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 10:37 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times

Advertisements

I understand that some Conservatives wanted to send a statue of Ann Coulter to France in exchange for the Statue of Liberty that they sent to us. She's be the "Statue of Less Liberty."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 10:48 AM

2,935 posts, read 5,000,340 times
Or the Statue of Bigotry

"Bring to me your poor, your downtrodden, your homeless, so that I may eat them and feed them to my publishers."

or something like that

Old 10-23-2007, 10:55 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Some people are so touchy.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:57 AM

206 posts, read 615,568 times
Thumbs down Sick person

why are people even listen too what she says shes a gop cow nut thats needs to go away

she attacks the 9/11 moms anyone that she dont argree with her

god, dem, poor people, working moms etc

Old 10-23-2007, 12:31 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
I suppose for those "perfected" this comment means nothing, but for those who have a long way to go to Christian perfection, it is a disrespectful comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Some people are so touchy.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:59 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I suppose for those "perfected" this comment means nothing, but for those who have a long way to go to Christian perfection, it is a disrespectful comment.
It takes misunderstanding to think she meant she was perfect. The "perfection" she speaks of is the doctrine of Christianity which is based on no person being capable of being perfect, but only through forgiveness through Christ can they be made whole, or perfect in the eyes of God. It is not by works or deeds, or self righteousness that one can be perfected in God's eyes.

Anyone who doesn't understand that aspect of Christianity should look into it more before they jump on the latest MediaMatters inspired attack on someone they don't like. No one has to agree with Ann Coulter. Danny Dutch repeatedly asked her to describe what SHE thought would be the ideal America, and he specifically asked her to drop the political side of it. The man should not have a TV show where he is allowed to ask questions if he is going to get upset by the answers. And people shouldn't tune in when Ann is on if they dislike her so much. I have yet to see a television set that only has one channel.

Once again, I don't care much for taking up for Ann because she is just a loud mouth. But I don't find her any more offensive than Rosie O'donnell.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:02 PM

I thought I made it clear I undersand this aspect of Christianity, what I don't understand nor will I was the off-hand comment that folks are too sensitive.

Go look at the Christmas thread with folks objecting to the words, "[b]Happy Holiday."[

I find Ms. Coulter an outrageous, self-righteous, self-promoting hussy.

/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
It takes misunderstanding to think she meant she was perfect. The "perfection" she speaks of is the doctrine of Christianity which is based on no person being capable of being perfect, but only through forgiveness through Christ can they be made whole, or perfect in the eyes of God. It is not by works or deeds, or self righteousness that one can be perfected in God's eyes.

Anyone who doesn't understand that aspect of Christianity should look into it more before they jump on the latest MediaMatters inspired attack on someone they don't like. No one has to agree with Ann Coulter. Danny Dutch repeatedly asked her to describe what SHE thought would be the ideal America, and he specifically asked her to drop the political side of it. The man should not have a TV show where he is allowed to ask questions if he is going to get upset by the answers. And people shouldn't tune in when Ann is on if they dislike her so much. I have yet to see a television set that only has one channel.

Once again, I don't care much for taking up for Ann because she is just a loud mouth. But I don't find her any more offensive than Rosie O'donnell.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:07 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Yep - all that and foxy to boot -

Add, straight talker, no BS'er, tell it like it is'er -

Old 10-23-2007, 01:11 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Quote:
I agree with this assessment. But I still don't think her "perfection" statement was a big deal. I take more issue with her smart a$$ remarks directly to people who have a legitimate right to feel the way they do on a topic. Her simply expanding on her religous thoughts is rather mild and benign.

As for Happy Holidays, I could really care less if the guy at Wal-Mart tells me happy birthday, or have a good day, or whatever. Anyone who is letting the couple of words from store employees determine if they are having a Merry Christmas, or Happy Hannukah, or whatever, really have a lot more issues than they are admitting.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:15 PM

I realize you don't think her "perfection" statement was a big deal. It seems I do. I think speaking in public, with a Jewish moderator, on television and discussing her religious views, and indirectly mocking another religion is disgraceful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
I agree with this assessment. But I still don't think her "perfection" statement was a big deal. I take more issue with her smart a$$ remarks directly to people who have a legitimate right to feel the way they do on a topic. Her simply expanding on her religous thoughts is rather mild and benign.

As for Happy Holidays, I could really care less if the guy at Wal-Mart tells me happy birthday, or have a good day, or whatever. Anyone who is letting the couple of words from store employees determine if they are having a Merry Christmas, or Happy Hannukah, or whatever, really have a lot more issues than they are admitting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies