Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 10:07 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,134,135 times

Advertisements

In the State of Washington, smoking dope is now legal and every teenager can now smoke it as he/she pleases without fear of punishment. On the other-hand, smoking tobacco is becoming more and more of a criminal offence by the leftist state government and is outlawed in every public place and even in private homes. I'm sure these same leftists are smoking more then their share of dope, that's why they are what they are, because of their drug induced addled brains, -leftists.
I just don't get it, isn't marijuana just as bad as nicotine for being habit forming? Isn't the smoke from dope just as bad for your lungs as smoke from a cigarette? Arn't you just as likely to get lung cancer from smoking marijuana as you are tobacco? The left is now celebrating because they now can openly and legally smoke their dope while at the same time are making more and more laws agaist smoking tobacco. Something is screwy going on here. Will some dope smoker or druggy try to straighten me out??:th ink::thi nk:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 10:36 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Tobacco is infinitely more harmful than marijuana, although I personally don't advocate banning either.

Studies have shown that marijuana stems the growth of cancer cells, and someone that smokes marijuana in addition to cigarettes is actually healthier than someone that solely smokes cigarettes because the positive effects of MJ counter the harmful effects of cigarettes.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:37 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Tobacco is infinitely more harmful than marijuana, although I personally don't advocate banning either.

Studies have shown that marijuana stems the growth of cancer cells, and someone that smokes marijuana in addition to cigarettes is actually healthier than someone that solely smokes cigarettes.

Well damn, I guess I'm in tip top shape! Seriously, I am a fast healer if that means anything.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:38 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Not true

It will be soon. Effective Dec. 6 in Washington and within 60 days in Colorado, state authorities can't arrest or prosecute people over 21 who have up to an ounce of pot or consume it in private.

Legalized pot: What happens now in Colorado and Washington? - The Week

Notice the "Over 21"

More propaganda that isn't true.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:43 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
In the State of Washington, smoking dope is now legal and every teenager can now smoke it as he/she pleases without fear of punishment. On the other-hand, smoking tobacco is becoming more and more of a criminal offence by the leftist state government and is outlawed in every public place and even in private homes. I'm sure these same leftists are smoking more then their share of dope, that's why they are what they are, because of their drug induced addled brains, -leftists.
I just don't get it, isn't marijuana just as bad as nicotine for being habit forming? Isn't the smoke from dope just as bad for your lungs as smoke from a cigarette? Arn't you just as likely to get lung cancer from smoking marijuana as you are tobacco? The left is now celebrating because they now can openly and legally smoke their dope while at the same time are making more and more laws agaist smoking tobacco. Something is screwy going on here. Will some dope smoker or druggy try to straighten me out??:th ink::thi nk:

Why do you feel that supporting marijuana legalization is a leftist stance?

Old 11-09-2012, 11:04 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Well damn, I guess I'm in tip top shape! Seriously, I am a fast healer if that means anything.
Mmm I'm a fast healer as well, rarely get sick yet am a heavy user. I think you're onto something lol.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:19 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,503,313 times
Quote:
In the State of Washington, smoking dope is now legal and every teenager can now smoke it as he/she pleases without fear of punishment.
Blatantly false. Washington and Colorado both have requirements of being over 21. Just like another substance--alcohol.

Quote:
On the other-hand, smoking tobacco is becoming more and more of a criminal offence
Blatantly false. Tobacco consumption is not a criminal offense anywhere in the U.S.

Quote:
by the leftist state government and is outlawed in every public place and even in private homes.
I'm eager to hear where smoking is illegal in private homes--and as for smoking in public, you aren't allowed to drink in public either.

Quote:
I'm sure these same leftists are smoking more then their share of dope, that's why they are what they are, because of their drug induced addled brains, -leftists.
You're just woefully ignorant on the subject.
[/quote]I just don't get it, isn't marijuana just as bad as nicotine for being habit forming?[/quote]

Last time I checked, MJ was physiologically not habit forming like nicotine.

Quote:
Isn't the smoke from dope just as bad for your lungs as smoke from a cigarette?
This is true. Tar is tar, which you get from burning plants.

Quote:
Arn't you just as likely to get lung cancer from smoking marijuana as you are tobacco?
Depends on what the actual carcinogens are. Cigarettes are mixed with tons of chemicals.

Quote:
The left is now celebrating because they now can openly and legally smoke their dope while at the same time are making more and more laws agaist smoking tobacco.
The only laws against smoking tobacco are where you're allowed to do so--public health concerns, much the same reason you can't drink in public (nor should you, degenerate).

Quote:
Something is screwy going on here. Will some dope smoker or druggy try to straighten me out??:th ink::thi nk:
No, but it'll calm you the **** down.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:25 PM

588 posts, read 1,015,125 times
Quote:
I'm sure these same leftists are smoking more then their share of dope, that's why they are what they are, because of their drug induced addled brains, -leftists.
You just rattled off a series of blatantly false statements that you think are facts, and the leftists are the dumb ones? Classic. Some quality blind partisanship right there. Best part is you won't even admit it now, even though the truth has been laid out for you on a silver platter by the previous poster. These aren't even things that are hard to figure out. I suggest you chill on calling people out until you have a clue what you are talking about.

Quote:
I just don't get it
OK you got one thing right.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:25 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:
This is another case of "Follow the Money". In this case from tobacco to big pharma and the medical industry.

Pot will now become the next fresh field of money to move from the farmers to big pharma.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:31 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swerver View Post
You just rattled off a series of blatantly false statements that you think are facts, and the leftists are the dumb ones? Classic. Some quality blind partisanship right there. Best part is you won't even admit it now, even though the truth has been laid out for you on a silver platter by the previous poster. These aren't even things that are hard to figure out. I suggest you chill on calling people out until you have a clue what you are talking about.
Its hard to let go of things you've been told are true all your life. Despite peoples distrust of government, peoples parents have told them that marijuana roots your brain, etc growing up all their lives.

The fact that all of that was propaganda that had no basis in reality has no basis with these types of people, they simply don't care. Much like racism, much of this feeling must die with time, and there is no changing their minds. The best we can do is to dispell the myths for the posters who have the rational part of the brain working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies