Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 02:41 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Rumor is that the Obozo administration blackmailed Petraeus with his affair information unless he covered up the incompetence with the Libya fiasco. Petraeus didn't play ball 100% as the White House wanted him to...and now Petraeus is running scared because he knows he will be testifying under oath in front of the investigation committee...and he knows full-well the Obozo thugs will leak the information about his affair. So...Petraeus decided to get out in front of the affair issue now, and he will tell the truth about the Libyan mess when the time comes.
This is complete and utter bulls**t. Bengahzi was a CIA op and as the Director is was HIS RESPONSIBILITY to deal with any security concerns and take responsibility of a failed op.

He did the honorable thing and resigned.

That's the way the game is played, pure, plain and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 02:47 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
This is complete and utter bulls**t. Bengahzi was a CIA op and as the Director is was HIS RESPONSIBILITY to deal with any security concerns and take responsibility of a failed op.

He did the honorable thing and resigned.

That's the way the game is played, pure, plain and simple.
I agree that it's how the game is played. But not pure, simple, or plain.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:50 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm not going through every page for the math, but it sounds to me that the VAST majority of people, for one reason or another, feel there is more to this resignation then an affair.
Well we will never know what exactly goes on his mind. All we can do is speculate. Something does seem peculiar though, why say you are resigning because of an affair? Why not just resign? Why put your family through that. I am not saying that you don't admit to your wife, but why say that? What is the purpose? He could have just resigned. Just saying...

Old 11-09-2012, 02:52 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
He is going to testify before the Congressional hearing on Benghazi next week, and is now conveniently no longer under the thumb of the president to remain silent.
He will not be testifying next week or any week. It has already been announced. I want him to testify. I want him to take responsibility for benghazi. It was a CIA operation and he was in charge.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:58 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well we will never know what exactly goes on his mind. All we can do is speculate. Something does seem peculiar though, why say you are resigning because of an affair? Why not just resign? Why put your family through that. I am not saying that you don't admit to your wife, but why say that? What is the purpose? He could have just resigned. Just saying...
Oh, I agree. There has to be SOMETHING about the affair.
Info about it was either going to come out anyway or - as I said, maybe he was "compromised" by an affair with a spy.
Who knows what damage may (or may not) have come from it.

Ken

Old 11-09-2012, 02:58 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I never said I was waiting for that from him. But you're point is valid.
No, I didn't mean you. I was speaking of those suffering from pure crazy on this thread.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Let's see...

Nut Job Theory #1, "The hell with my personal reputation."

In order to "spill the beans" I'm going to damage my personal reputation instead of just resigning (because you have to have a reason for leaving a job).

Nut Case Theory #2, "Making someone resign under a cloud will keep him quiet).

Yes, that's the ticket. Blackmailer forces the person being blackmailed to reveal the what they are being blackmailed about. Even for nut cases, that is the most illogical idea that I've read in at least a couple of hours.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:01 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
He is going to testify before the Congressional hearing on Benghazi next week, and is now conveniently no longer under the thumb of the president to remain silent.
No, he isn't. They're announcing he will NOT be at the hearings.

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I agree that it's how the game is played. But not pure, simple, or plain.

It's how the "Chicago game" is played.

2,635 posts, read 3,511,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
He will not be testifying next week or any week. It has already been announced. I want him to testify. I want him to take responsibility for benghazi. It was a CIA operation and he was in charge.
If the House were serious about Benghazi, they would still compel him to testify. He is still a military officer bound by the UCMJ. It sounds to me like they will let this issue die and let Petraeus take the fall. It's a shame too because he's a damned good man and a real leader. I've proudly worked with him and wouldn't hesitate to work with him again in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies