Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 AM

1,220 posts, read 3,934,574 times

Advertisements

Old Military adage: A fish stinks from the head down.
The Patraeus/Broadwell affair. This seems to have all the makings of a hot, steaming spy vs. spy/intrigue thriller. I am offended by this, but after the initial chill, not at all surprised. I have a bit of perspective to throw onto this because I was a military officer, know the code of honor, and watched how flagrantly the code of honor was violated by those in the officer ranks especially. I saw this in Vietnam and I saw this in the reserve forces once that war was over when I was a reservist.

At sixty years of age with four stars on his shoulder and no place where his military career could take him, Patraeus was facing his own mortality. Despite his military record I doubt that he had ever really had to deal with the concept of his own mortality before and if he did, his training was such that he probably didn’t really think much about it. But now as his military career was ending once and for all, he would need to look at what was left of his life. For a lot of men reaching sixty is a scary thought.

I read that he had prostate cancer-related medical care. In addition to not having anything left of his military life, perhaps he was worried about “getting it up”, too. Scary thought.

Along comes the bright, exciting, younger Paula Broadwell. He was easy for her. She had the necessary credentials to talks to him in the language of the professional military officer cadre, and was probably truly interested in the potential for writing a biography of the General. Right up until she realized that her power over him was growing.

She’s married and has two young children. Her husband is a brilliant radiologist in North Carolina. After traipsing about in Afghanistan and the Pentagon with The General-in- Command, I am sure the prospect of taking her two little boys to the grocery store or soccer practice and having intimate candle-light suppers with the radiologist and his beeper were really something she yearned for. Right.

I feel sorry for the radiologist and his boys. I am fully aware of the ego that highly trained doctors often have and how they often regard themselves as being anointed directly by God. Despite how much power they think they have though, I doubt there are many of them who truly understand the Power of P***y. Dr. Broadwell just found out.

And there is the “other” woman. Now it appears that “other woman” was merely a relatively casual friend of both Patraeus and his wife. That the Broadwell “broad” threatened her apparently because she perceived this woman as a threat to her control of Patraeus. Broadwell was delusional. She over-estimated the power of her p***y.

I am sickened at the entire, sordid story. Patreus has admitted to making a “poor choice”. Really. He abandoned his oath of honor in so many ways, both as a military officer and as a man, it makes one wonder about how many occasions in how many other ways he made “poor choices.” Wearing four stars on your shoulders means you don’t make poor choices.

As far as Broadwell is concerned it appears she is the perfect study in greed, avariciousness and ambition. She was willing to compromise not only the General but her own husband and far worse, her next generation by attacking the stability and security of the family into which she had brought those two little boys. For a little while she will enjoy the spotlight of notoriety. I am sure the sale of her book will have a huge spike and for a while she will have her picture on the wall of shame, perhaps somewhere near Tiger Woods. And then she will fade away as what in fact she was, one of those disposable tissues in the fabric of human history.

And what of David Patreus?

Some described him as a modern day Douglas MacArthur.

I am reminded of what General MacArthur said when he retired from the army. Speaking before Congress he said: “An old soldier never dies, he just fades away.”

General Patreus now can rephrase that famous statement of military farewell. Patreus’ good-bye can be, “an old soldier never dies, he just screws his biographer and abandons the oaths he made to honor and to his wife and family, then he fades away.”

I look forward to the fading away part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 07:04 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadianlion View Post
Old Military adage: A fish stinks from the head down.
The Patraeus/Broadwell affair. This seems to have all the makings of a hot, steaming spy vs. spy/intrigue thriller. I am offended by this, but after the initial chill, not at all surprised. I have a bit of perspective to throw onto this because I was a military officer, know the code of honor, and watched how flagrantly the code of honor was violated by those in the officer ranks especially. I saw this in Vietnam and I saw this in the reserve forces once that war was over when I was a reservist.

At sixty years of age with four stars on his shoulder and no place where his military career could take him, Patraeus was facing his own mortality. Despite his military record I doubt that he had ever really had to deal with the concept of his own mortality before and if he did, his training was such that he probably didn’t really think much about it. But now as his military career was ending once and for all, he would need to look at what was left of his life. For a lot of men reaching sixty is a scary thought.

I read that he had prostate cancer-related medical care. In addition to not having anything left of his military life, perhaps he was worried about “getting it up”, too. Scary thought.

Along comes the bright, exciting, younger Paula Broadwell. He was easy for her. She had the necessary credentials to talks to him in the language of the professional military officer cadre, and was probably truly interested in the potential for writing a biography of the General. Right up until she realized that her power over him was growing.

She’s married and has two young children. Her husband is a brilliant radiologist in North Carolina. After traipsing about in Afghanistan and the Pentagon with The General-in- Command, I am sure the prospect of taking her two little boys to the grocery store or soccer practice and having intimate candle-light suppers with the radiologist and his beeper were really something she yearned for. Right.

I feel sorry for the radiologist and his boys. I am fully aware of the ego that highly trained doctors often have and how they often regard themselves as being anointed directly by God. Despite how much power they think they have though, I doubt there are many of them who truly understand the Power of P***y. Dr. Broadwell just found out.

And there is the “other” woman. Now it appears that “other woman” was merely a relatively casual friend of both Patraeus and his wife. That the Broadwell “broad” threatened her apparently because she perceived this woman as a threat to her control of Patraeus. Broadwell was delusional. She over-estimated the power of her p***y.

I am sickened at the entire, sordid story. Patreus has admitted to making a “poor choice”. Really. He abandoned his oath of honor in so many ways, both as a military officer and as a man, it makes one wonder about how many occasions in how many other ways he made “poor choices.” Wearing four stars on your shoulders means you don’t make poor choices.

As far as Broadwell is concerned it appears she is the perfect study in greed, avariciousness and ambition. She was willing to compromise not only the General but her own husband and far worse, her next generation by attacking the stability and security of the family into which she had brought those two little boys. For a little while she will enjoy the spotlight of notoriety. I am sure the sale of her book will have a huge spike and for a while she will have her picture on the wall of shame, perhaps somewhere near Tiger Woods. And then she will fade away as what in fact she was, one of those disposable tissues in the fabric of human history.

And what of David Patreus?

Some described him as a modern day Douglas MacArthur.

I am reminded of what General MacArthur said when he retired from the army. Speaking before Congress he said: “An old soldier never dies, he just fades away.”

General Patreus now can rephrase that famous statement of military farewell. Patreus’ good-bye can be, “an old soldier never dies, he just screws his biographer and abandons the oaths he made to honor and to his wife and family, then he fades away.”

I look forward to the fading away part.
Best post of the month award goes to you! Are you a staff writer or editor at large somewhere? you should be! +1 for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
At that level, you are right. Doesn't quite work for certain segments of our society, does it?
Only if you're at the top of the food chain, everything beneath that are edible.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:24 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl
Broadwell apparently had no fixed formal post in the government; she is described only sketchily as a West Point graduate, a former major in the military (quick rise through the ranks?), an "anti terrorist expert" and a "writer" (who has no books, let alone biographies, to her credit).

How could she be speaking publicly (though cryptically) regarding Benghazi? Why would she be so stupid as to say there were prisoners being held? Who at the WH would allow that? How did this woman gain access to the top so easily?

This morning's reports say that Petraeus may not testify, that Morell will testify in his place. We should be demanding to know what on earth would keep Petraeus from testifying. The interestlngly timed loss of his post and title?
What are you talking about? She has a book to her credit. If you hurry up, you can still buy it at Amazon. All In: The Education of General David Petraeus: Paula Broadwell, Vernon Loeb: 9781594203183: Amazon.com: Books She has no other books to her credit because this book started out as her dissertation at West Point and then she decided to expand it---with his blessing---into the biography. The biography and sudden interest in being an author was probably just to cover up their budding affair and explain all the time they spent together over the coming year when she followed him around. As for how she got the information she talks about---well, when you sleep with a top general and you yourself are trained at one of the top military institutions in the world, you hear things---and that's assuming that what you're saying she said about a prison is even factually true. As to your question about how she gained access so easily? Ask the old fool who is almost twice her age who couldn't keep his pants zipped in her presence. He's not the first guy to get taken down by an easy piece of *ss.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What are you talking about? She has a book to her credit. If you hurry up, you can still buy it at Amazon. All In: The Education of General David Petraeus: Paula Broadwell, Vernon Loeb: 9781594203183: Amazon.com: Books She has no other books to her credit because this book started out as her dissertation at West Point and then she decided to expand it---with his blessing---into the biography. The biography and sudden interest in being an author was probably just to cover up their budding affair and explain all the time they spent together over the coming year when she followed him around. As for how she got the information she talks about---well, when you sleep with a top general and you yourself are trained at one of the top military institutions in the world, you hear things---and that's assuming that what you're saying she said about a prison is even factually true. As to your question about how she gained access so easily? Ask the old fool who is almost twice her age who couldn't keep his pants zipped in her presence. He's not the first guy to get taken down by an easy piece of *ss.
Anthony I couln't keep it in my pants Weiner comes to mind.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:38 AM

6,158 posts, read 7,226,364 times
So much for conspiracy theories about the democrats trying to cover up the affair before the election. GOP house leader Eric Cantor knew in October.

Spokesman: House majority leader knew of Petraeus matter in October - CNN.com

Old 11-12-2012, 07:44 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Anthony I couln't keep it in my pants Weiner comes to mind.
Yup, Zipper Fever hits people on both sides of the political spectrum. Guys are so easy that I'm surprised Hollywood hasn't made a bunch of Jamie Bond films. I'm guessing that's because a film about a female spy would have to be x-rated for sexual content. And we wouldn't want the children of the world to see all that sex in place of violence and blowing up stuff.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
^ gsoboi78

are you getting things confused ?

Conspiracy Theory of CIA Director David Petraeus being Blackmailed, Has To Resign - YouTube

Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
^ gsoboi78

are you getting things confused ?

Ask yourself why cantor, considered a political hack himself is involved with this?

Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Congressional leaders say privately they believe they were lied to by Petraeus when he testified shortly after the attack. Some of these members already considered charging Petraeus with perjury, but said they planned to withhold judgment until he testified this week.

Read more: EXCLUSIVE: Petraeus mistress may have revealed classified information at Denver speech on real reason for Libya attack | Fox News

Old 11-12-2012, 08:48 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,225,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Broadwell apparently had no fixed formal post in the government; she is described only sketchily as a West Point graduate, a former major in the military (quick rise through the ranks?), an "anti terrorist expert" and a "writer" (who has no books, let alone biographies, to her credit).

How could she be speaking publicly (though cryptically) regarding Benghazi? Why would she be so stupid as to say there were prisoners being held? Who at the WH would allow that? How did this woman gain access to the top so easily?

This morning's reports say that Petraeus may not testify, that Morell will testify in his place. We should be demanding to know what on earth would keep Petraeus from testifying. The interestlngly timed loss of his post and title?
The answer was in the links you quoted when posting above. Did you read them?

"Broadwell, a former counterterror operative, co-authored a bestselling biography of Petraeus. She discussed the book during a keynote speech on Oct. 26 at a University of Denver alumni symposium. The speech is available in full on YouTube."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies