Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 01:41 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When the revolution starts, several don't want to remain on the list.

Too late. Once on the list, there is only one way off.
Thank goodness for educated people like yourself! you can say that again, lies have a way of catching up big time, and truth from the soul, will always prevail. Some cannot live within the lies, some are only about lies and cover ups.

No matter the consequences, and no man is or will ever be perfect. People have a way of putting certain people on a pedestal, that should never be put there.

I know many people different races and relgions, who feel something fishy about this whole situation. And feel that there are many who need to be held accountable.

And who cares how high this does go, not me, because when you choose to lie, and you know the truth, that needs to come out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 01:41 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,246,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
CIA Director David Petraeus Resigns Effective Immediately
CIA Director David Petraeus resigns, cites extramarital affair - U.S. News

Quote:
CIA Director David Petraeus resigned Friday, citing an extramarital affair and "extremely poor judgment."

Old 11-09-2012, 01:42 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,390,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
I was just reporting in on what I was seeing on TV, I didn't say I believe it, I said I'll take the General at his word but something just doesn't seem right. Not that should be surprising to me this week as nothing has seemed quite right this week!
Are you implying you think something didn't "seem quite right" with the election?

Oh boy, here we go!

Old 11-09-2012, 01:42 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,478,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I am taking him at his word as well just because I cannot imagine that he would cause his family this pain if it wasn't the actual reason for his resignation.
I feel sure the affair is secondary, and he knows his affair will come out in the public anyway as he is being investigated heavily by the investigation committee over the Lybia cover-up.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:43 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,478,420 times
Yes...and what is he NOT saying about his reasonS for resigning?

Old 11-09-2012, 01:44 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Tried to get in before the Crazy Right started a brand new conspiracy theory to distract themselves from reality...

But I'm TOO LATE!!!
It's better than watching Chris Matthews, you know, the guy who said he was glad Sandy happened. It's better than watching him get a thrill up and down his leg.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:46 PM

20,127 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
Here in the real world, David Petraeus has admitted to the aforementioned extramarital affair, using that exact phrase in his resignation letter.
I find it interesting that the president of the United States can engage in sexual activity with an intern and he doesn't have to resign but the CIA head does. I find that a bit of a disconnect.

4,088 posts, read 4,390,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It's better than watching Chris Matthews, you know, the guy who said he was glad Sandy happened. It's better than watching him get a thrill up and down his leg.
I'm a little confused as to why the Wingers are excited. You all sound like birds in a pet shop!

I thought Petraous was one of you idols?

11,039 posts, read 16,872,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
From Petraeus:

Maybe as an Officer and a Gentleman with Integrity he did "just Resign"
A novel thought.

I think that in the wake of Obama's election, the conspiracy theory crowd is having to make everything that happens into a direct piece of fallout from Obama's win.

If there's a tornado tomorrow, it's god's punishment - not a natural weather pattern.
If a lawmaker dies in a car crash, it's because they knew too much - not because thousands of Americans die in car crashes.
If anyone resigns, it was because they were stonewalled - not because they exercised poor judgement or were simply done with their post.
If a business lays off ten people, it's because of Obamacare - not because they had expanded operations unnecessarily at some point and had excess staff.
If a company closes its doors, it's because of Obamacare - not because they have been insolvent for years.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:47 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I'm a little confused as to why the Wingers are excited. You all sound like birds in a pet shop!

I thought Petraous was one of you idols?
Who is excited? You of course, you think Santa Clause is coming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies