Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 06:45 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times

Advertisements

It seems to me that the right wing media completely sold out and misinformed it's fan base. A Romney landslide they promised. The polls were skewed. Romney himself was "shell shocked..."

Well, as you know it turns out there was no Romney landslide. The polls for the most part turned out to be dead on balls accurate.

With other unbiased studies showing that Fox viewers are the most misinformed, isn't it time the right wing demand the truth from their news source(s)? Aren't they humiliated making bold predictions that turn out to be completely wrong. Doesn't bloviating about belief when fact contra-dicts you get embarrassing.

I fully believe that debate is positive and that both sides have something to offer the country-- but, my right wing friends, you have been misled. If you are willing to be continue to be because you prefer lies you enjoy to truth you don't your side will never contribute positively to the dialog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 06:48 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
It seems the viewers of Fox News would rather hear what they want to hear than what is fact.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
It seems the viewers of Fox News would rather hear what they want to hear than what is fact.
That's kind of my point-- But after incorrectly bloviating to the point of humiliation about this race-- don't yoiu think the smart ones would take a step back...

Old 11-09-2012, 07:22 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times

Why are liberals so obsessed with Fox?
If it was really as irrelevant as you claim, there would be no need to constantly post and obsess over it... over, and over, and over...

Old 11-09-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post

Why are liberals so obsessed with Fox?
If it was really as irrelevant as you claim, there would be no need to constantly post and obsess over it... over, and over, and over...
I didn't claim them to be irrelevant. They have a lot of influence over right wingers apparently-- and they do them no service by feeding them mistruths.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I didn't claim them to be irrelevant. They have a lot of influence over right wingers apparently-- and they do them no service by feeding them mistruths.
Besides the few commentators who were wrong on predicted election results, and the talk show people (no worse than the talk show people on MSNBC or The View), what are the mistruths? On just the regular news reporting? And why so much "concern" over it? The obsession with it is just bizarre. I suspect many wish it would just go away so that every news source in this country leans left of middle. Guess what, it's not going away. But keep obsessing over it and claiming it's all lies if you want, I guess.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:48 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,200,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Exactly, Americans owe it to themselves to get their news from a variety of sources and understand bias well enough that that can put together information and suss out the truth. Too many Americans are entertained by bias, they seem addicted to hearing only what they agree with, and fail to realize that they are doing themselves a disservice and jeopardizing our nation with the resulting ignorance of reality.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:53 PM

724 posts, read 593,580 times
If you have to be convinced that Fox News is a right-wing propaganda machine with no inherent respect for honest journalism, then nobody here is going to convince you of anything you don't want to know.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Exactly, Americans owe it to themselves to get their news from a variety of sources and understand bias well enough that that can put together information and suss out the truth. Too many Americans are entertained by bias, they seem addicted to hearing only what they agree with, and fail to realize that they are doing themselves a disservice and jeopardizing our nation with the resulting ignorance of reality.
Sure, but that applies to anything, not just Fox.
Yet, liberals seem to have this obsession with worrying about Fox and needing to vilify it while ignoring that most of the rest of the media leans left of center.

Anyway, I listen to NPR more than anything.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:20 PM

724 posts, read 593,580 times
I get my news mostly from NPR, but also reuters.com, nytimes.com, nationalgeographic.com, washingtonpost.com, various PBS shows and by looking out the window. Fox News causes so much consternation among liberals and many others because it is purporting to be something it is not: journalism rather than calculated propoganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies