Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Employers Layoff Obama Supporters First?
Yes 46 52.27%
No 42 47.73%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 12:39 PM

779 posts, read 537,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
No no name are you nuts. He was a supervisor for a large Vitamin Company, , one was a bus driver for a school district, and he was not the only one let go. and the other did something with frigeration and mechanics don't know what exactly.

What they do or did does not matter, what matters is that not even a week after winning election, Business are laying people off, in all fields, that is what is important, not what one does.

And this is what we do not need. And voting for Obama or not voting for Obama, has nothing to do with this, it is that businesses are not able to handle the health care bill and siting it for one of the reasons.

I know a hell of a lot of people because of my real estate career i had, and our business. We traveled a lot for a while. I know a lot of people and a lot of familes who in the past 4 years have been affected by the lost of a job, and the lost of a home. And it is sad.
I owe you nothing, do not know you, nor trust no one i do not know.
I don't believe your all-too-convenient claims but just for fun I will pretend that you're being honest.... you do realize that companies are upsizing and downsizing all the time, regardless of who is president? Have fun living inside that bubble of fear and fox news propaganda!

Old 11-15-2012, 12:40 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
its amazing how in the hearing today the guys sounded just like the city data forum, the left saying stop it, stop it I can't stand any more your trying to blame me instead of making sure this doesn't happen again.....and the righties saying hey guess what, blaming YOU is how we find out how it happened and ensure it does not happen again....everything is the lefties fault from the decision day forward. The workplace requires people who understand that getting along is more import then production, and the lefties are spontaneous gossip style thinkers ( movie clips and condoms) therefore the lefties are the clear problem. Even a lefty owner of a Co would do well to unload all lefties without delay...there are some rules in life for progress that no one person made up.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:41 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Its amazing the numer of conservatives who not only wish to take away your freedom of choice but also your freedom of speech because you didn't vote for Mr. Etch-a-sketch. Truly amazing.
It's also amazing how many conservatives apparently have nothing better to do than to spread ridiculous right-wing memes on C-D all day long.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Most people make their politics known to fellow employees...whether they realize they're doing it, or not.
My son had a friend who he always tried to save money on parts but when that kid admitted he voted for Obama he found that he was going to have to deal with another parts man in the company. One of his workmates said he voted for Obama and after being slammed up against the wall had to admit that he had lied, probably thinking that he was about to get his butt beat.

I am sure that my son could report anybody who did vote for Obama to the bosses.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:47 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
My son had a friend who he always tried to save money on parts but when that kid admitted he voted for Obama he found that he was going to have to deal with another parts man in the company. One of his workmates said he voted for Obama and after being slammed up against the wall had to admit that he had lied, probably thinking that he was about to get his butt beat.

I am sure that my son could report anybody who did vote for Obama to the bosses.
You live in fascist flyover country where they hate democrats but sure love all the taxpayer dollars that blue states send your way.

42 posts, read 32,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
No, no.......

That's not how it goes! Don't you remember what the last republican president said?

And you people think employees should be FIRED for not wanting another republi-thug as president?
Obama's teleprompters are doing wonders for him.

Anyway, the whole basis for this poll is based on Obama policies and probably the ObamaCare controversy to be specific. If I had to guess, I'd say it goes beyond not getting a GOP president.

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
I fully believe that if a person voted for Obama then that person is deserving of the experience in a full, all out depression with soup lines, for their own well being toward growth and understanding.. zero mercy.
I thought i would feel this way and not care at all about those who voted for Obama who loses a job. Until it is a friend and family that you deeply care about, and that changes it all.

I have seen the depression, and that ain't no lie, i have seen marriages crumble, and the kids cry. Right i want to see this happen. No i do not.

It is easy to say one thing, until you know a family that is hurting, and that does change it all. Easy fix to say their are tons of jobs out there, until you actually lose the one you have, and try to replace it with one just as good or better.

I don't want anyone to lose a job, because i have honestly seen in the past 4 years too many familes suffer at the hands of being unemployed, and i wish that on no one.

I want this economy to boom once again, but with the people i know and what i am being told, it ain't going to happen.

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
its a dutiful occasion for a quick break in the day. this is a matter of wrong vrs right....and Obama is toast

Old 11-15-2012, 12:49 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

So what you're saying is that this guy was practically beat up for who he voted for? Wow! That's some fascist BS right there!

Old 11-15-2012, 12:49 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,286 times
Steve Jobs, the greates job creator ever was a democrat. So are people like Zuckerberg, Gates, Sergey Brin, Larry Page, in fact most most entrepreneurs within the Silicon Valley tech industry are politically progressive.

Eat that you Republican tools. I think the tech companies should fire all the Republicans they have on their payroll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies