Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 11:30 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

One Jewish state and we're supposed to want to see destroyed and turned into yet another Islamic state?

Destroy Mecca if you want to destroy something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 11:36 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,290,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
It is not the American PEOPLE, irish bob. It is our politicans, whose pockets are lined by Israelis. The vast majority of the American PEOPLE don't care about Israel and would like to see it pick its own fights and pay for its own battles.
i dont agree that its only washington types who take this view , i could count on one hand the number of americans ive met in my time who held an unconventional view on this issue

heres what i think america and israel should do

israel must withdraw to pre 1967 borders , if this means sending new yorkers and russians back to where they came from , so beit , the pallestinians get their state

now here is where i do believe israel has the right to defend itself , if iran launches an attack on israel , not only should israel respond with ferocity , the usa should , afterall , the usa has an agreement with south korea and japan in this regard , if either of those countries are attacked , the usa has pledged to come to their aid

dont assume that those who believe israel is guilty of collective punishement against the pallestinians and imperilist expansionism , wish to see israel as a country gone , one thing i hate most about this issue is how its framed in such a black and white fashion , its a lot more nuanced than that

Old 11-18-2012, 11:43 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
One Jewish state and we're supposed to want to see destroyed and turned into yet another Islamic state?

Destroy Mecca if you want to destroy something.
If the US was so concerned, why supply weapons to the opposing side? one thousand tanks sold to Egypt, and yet the US can claim they are concerned with Israel's safety?

Old 11-18-2012, 11:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
i dont agree that its only washington types who take this view , i could count on one hand the number of americans ive met in my time who held an unconventional view on this issue

israel must withdraw to pre 1967 borders , if this means sending new yorkers and russians back to where they came from , so beit , the pallestinians get their state

now here is where i do believe israel has the right to defend itself , if iran launches an attack on israel , not only should israel respond with ferocity , the usa should , afterall , the usa has an agreement with south korea and japan in this regard , if either of those countries are attacked , the usa has pledged to come to their aid

dont assume that those who believe israel is guilty of collective punishement against the pallestinians and imperilist expansionism , wish to see israel as a country gone , one thing i hate most about this issue is how its framed in such a black and white fashion , its a lot more nuanced than that
Then to be consistent can we eliminate all new Islamic territories that came about since 1967 and can we expel all those who have arrived here since 1967?

Old 11-18-2012, 11:44 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
Israel has stolen technology from us in the past and soaks us for about 4 billion a year and that Uss Liberty attack can never be forgiven. But, they are better than any of the Islamic countries in the Middle East so we are stuck with them.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:

Israel should not withdraw to anything, that is captured land from a war, a war in which they did not start.

Palestinians are so bad even Jordan expelled, them, and Jordan is a majority ethnic Palestinian. If Arab nations were truly concerned for the Palestinians, they would have diverted more of their billions in oil revenue to them, but Arab states do not like them, and as I said, the conflict is beneficial to them staying in power.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Then to be consistent can we eliminate all new Islamic territories that came about since 1967 and can we expel all those who have arrived here since 1967?
you will need to expand on your point , i dont follow

Old 11-18-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Israel has stolen technology from us in the past and soaks us for about 4 billion a year and that Uss Liberty attack can never be forgiven. But, they are better than any of the Islamic countries in the Middle East so we are stuck with them.
They stole because the US allowed them to, and they do not soak us for any money, the US gives it to them.

The US has also attacked things that should have not been; just how many years does this point linger on?

Better is subjective depending on the issue. Siding with "better" does not always translate to beneficial for the US.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Israel should not withdraw to anything, that is captured land from a war, a war in which they did not start.

Palestinians are so bad even Jordan expelled, them, and Jordan is a majority ethnic Palestinian. If Arab nations were truly concerned for the Palestinians, they would have diverted more of their billions in oil revenue to them, but Arab states do not like them, and as I said, the conflict is beneficial to them staying in power.

the british stole my country several centurys ago , eventually they got tired of being attacked and withdrew from three quaters of it , just because the british beat the irish many times over , didnt mean the irish simply raised their glasses and decided to become obedient little british subjects , its not a game of hockey where the loser accepts the result and the result stands

if israel refuses to withdraw and keeps stealing land , the violence will never end , the land they occupy contravenes international law

Old 11-18-2012, 11:53 AM

672 posts, read 810,957 times
Quote:
my question is this , is their any quater in the usa where an alternative view towards this global issue exists
Of course there is. Just like ALL other western countries that show the same amount of support for Israel. There are plenty of Palestinian support in all countries just like there is plenty of Israel support.

So why just single out the US? Just the easiest target?

Quote:

do american realise how at odds they are with the rest of the world when it comes to this matter

Really, the whole world? Within the last week from Western Leaders.

Quote:
The UK

"Foreign Secretary William Hague said: "Hamas bears principal responsibility for the current crisis. I utterly condemn rocket attacks from Gaza into southern Israel by Hamas and other armed groups.
UK government has licensed the sale of millions of pounds worth of arms to Israel, including key components for F-16 fighter jets."
Quote:
British Prime Minister David Cameron told Benjamin Netanyahu this week that Hamas “bears the principal responsibility” for the escalation.
Quote:
EU High Representative Catherine Ashton said this week, “Israel has the right to protect its population from these kinds of attacks.”
Quote:

BRUSSELS, BERLIN, JERUSALEM -- EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton and German Chancellor Angela Merkel issued statements on Friday saying that Israel has "a right to defend itself".
"Hamas in Gaza is responsible for the outbreak of violence," spokesman Georg Streiter told a news conference, and added that Merkel called on the Egyptian government to use its influence on Hamas "to limit the violence and bring it to an end."

Canada

Quote:
Canada’s Prime Minister Stephen Harper
“We condemn this terrorist group’s attacks against Israel. We recognize and support Israel’s right to defend itself against such terrorist attacks,” he said.
So why not single out Canada, UK or representatives at the EU?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies