Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 12:39 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear
Absolutely. People act as if the garbage foisted upon this board by right-wingers is something exceptional, that Republicans in general aren't so ignorant and prejudiced. That hasn't been my experience living in mostly red rural areas of the Midwest. I have yet to hear a liberal in my presence crack a racist joke. Every time that has ever occurred and the person has revealed themselves to be political, they are revealed to be right-wing Republicans. Every single time.

Sure. Yeah, Right. Uh, huh!

So you're saying all the black commedians and probably your own friends who laugh at black jokes and call themselves racial slurs are right-wing Republicans?

Talk about delusional!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 01:12 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,864,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I was listening to talk radio on my way to work this morning when an African-American caller made the point that anyone opposing the confirmation of Susan Rice for SOS was a racist.

This isn't the first time I've heard this, this is the left's usual attack against the GOP, but the caller went on to make the point that every Republican was a worthless racist and he wouldn't even vote for one for dog-catcher.

Listening to the vehemence in the caller's voice it occurred to me that maybe it's time for the GOP to take a page out of the Obama playbook. Since 93% of the black vote went to Obama, and the Obama campaign made the decision to sucessfully abandon the white working class The Future of the Obama Coalition - NYTimes.com it's time for the GOP to do the same thing and give up on the black community.

Since Obama has sucessfully divided this country along racial lines creating rifts that will probably last generations, I suggest the GOP forget the black vote and pursue the Latino vote instead. In my daily interactions with the Latino community I see a hard-working entrepenurial class that is family-friendly and conservative by instinct, but is put off by the GOP's embrace of strict immigration policies, thus easily seduced by any baubles the Democrats dangle in front of them.

That would mean abandoning the Sheriff Joe Arpaio types and alienating a segment of the vote, but IMO it would easily be made up by an influx of Latino votes.
With 93% of the black community voting for a black president, that is the epitamy of racism. Much more racism coming from the black community lately than I ever saw from the white community. As a gay man, many in the black community and their black pastors are some of the biggest bigots I have ever seen toward gay men.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:19 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I don't wish to get into a dispute with you, but I strongly disagree that "most" Republicans are prejudiced.
Maybe it's the people I hang out with, but I don't know a single Republican that has expressed any antipathy in any way towards the black community. Most would be shocked to find out they were labeled as racists by the black community for disagreeing with Obama's policies.

The Democratic party has drifted a long way from Hillary proclaiming in 2003 "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic." I agreed with her and liked her moxie. Forget patriotism now, if you disagree with this administration somehow you are a racist. This country is walking down an ugly path.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:24 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
With 93% of the black community voting for a black president, that is the epitamy of racism. Much more racism coming from the black community lately than I ever saw from the white community. As a gay man, many in the black community and their black pastors are some of the biggest bigots I have ever seen toward gay men.
Approximately voted in the same percentages for John Kerry and Bill Clinton and Al Gore. We have enormous data that demonstrates that blacks are willing to vote for whites. On the other hands, why have whites been so unwilling historically to vote for blacks? Going beyond Obama, observe the campaigns of Herman "999" Cain and Alan Keyes and Jesse Jackson.

Why are so many whites uncomfortable voting for blacks? How many blacks have you voted for?

Old 11-23-2012, 01:30 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
The Democratic party has drifted a long way from Hillary proclaiming in 2003 "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic." I agreed with her and liked her moxie. Forget patriotism now, if you disagree with this administration somehow you are a racist. This country is walking down an ugly path.
agreed.
but i wouldn't say obama is at fault for this current situation; it's his racism-shrieking 'bots that are driving it.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:35 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Yes, I notice only Liberals use the term "Uncle Tom", not Conservatives. And then they act all shocked and hurt when you tell them it is a pejorative. I guess respecting black Americans who make something of their lives, have intelligence and don't count on the government from cradle to grave don't count in the black community.

So I guess Obama is an Uncle Tom, eh?
Your guess would be dead wrong. Obama will be an uncle Tom the day he starts to bi*ch about unions and the minimum wage being too high.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:42 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Maybe it's the people I hang out with, but I don't know a single Republican that has expressed any antipathy in any way towards the black community. Most would be shocked to find out they were labeled as racists by the black community for disagreeing with Obama's policies.

I wouldn`t say you were a racist unless you gave a reason for me to believe you were. Has someone actually surveyed the "black community" to back up what you say? Perhaps you think that everyone in that community thinks the same way because they`re not capable of forming their own opinion.If that`s the case...

Old 11-23-2012, 01:51 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,300 times
The fact that blacks commit crime against whites at FAR higher rates than whites commit crimes against blacks is an indisputable fact.

As usual, guilt-ridden white liberals attempted to deflect the original post and turn this thread into an ad hominem fest of "waaacist!!" and "Stormfront!!!", never addressing the content of the post.

Until facts like these are confronted, instead of liberals crying wolf, public policy cannot be enacted to address the racist tendencies of black people in America. These whites, living in Whitopias like Vermont and New Hampshire, will claim "it's because poverty causes crime!". This does not reflect reality. Whites in Appalachia West Virginia, Alabama, Mississippi, Northern California, etc., are as poor as the poorest "minorities", yet there are no Comptons, Camdens, or Chicagos among them.

Our schools are more segregated now than in the 50's, as liberal elitist Whites send their children to private schools and lower class whites understand the racial reality that their kids will not be safe in Black and Mexican schools. We can either face reality, whether it is inconvenient or not, or we can continue this road to Balkanization.

A renewed emphasis on family, education, and independence, as well as a rejection of feminism and marxism will help matters immensely. The problem is, these guilt ridden white liberals who live in a world of "theory" inside their ivory towers, have taken over our school systems and have turned them into divide and conquer indoctrination centers. They promote emotion-based logic and fallacious argument, so their concepts such as "white privilege" and the "war on women and minorities" can be perpetuated without having to a knowledge the truth.

Luckily, the racist Obama regime has opened up the eyes of many whites to the racist tendencies of blacks. For those whites who push affirmative action on the rest of us are gone, there is no reason to waste energy debating them. They are the ones who benefit from this current system.

Again, family, religion, and education can solve many of these problems. That should be the course we all take.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:58 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
The fact that blacks commit crime against whites at FAR higher rates than whites commit crimes against blacks is an indisputable fact.

As usual, guilt-ridden white liberals attempted to deflect the original post and turn this thread into an ad hominem fest of "waaacist!!" and "Stormfront!!!", never addressing the content of the post.

Until facts like these are confronted, instead of liberals crying wolf, public policy cannot be enacted to address the racist tendencies of black people in America. These whites, living in Whitopias like Vermont and New Hampshire, will claim "it's because poverty causes crime!". This does not reflect reality. Whites in Appalachia West Virginia, Alabama, Mississippi, Northern California, etc., are as poor as the poorest "minorities", yet there are no Comptons, Camdens, or Chicagos among them.

Our schools are more segregated now than in the 50's, as liberal elitist Whites send their children to private schools and lower class whites understand the racial reality that their kids will not be safe in Black and Mexican schools. We can either face reality, whether it is inconvenient or not, or we can continue this road to Balkanization.

A renewed emphasis on family, education, and independence, as well as a rejection of feminism and marxism will help matters immensely. The problem is, these guilt ridden white liberals who live in a world of "theory" inside their ivory towers, have taken over our school systems and have turned them into divide and conquer indoctrination centers. They promote emotion-based logic and fallacious argument, so their concepts such as "white privilege" and the "war on women and minorities" can be perpetuated without having to a knowledge the truth.

Luckily, the racist Obama regime has opened up the eyes of many whites to the racist tendencies of blacks. For those whites who push affirmative action on the rest of us are gone, there is no reason to waste energy debating them. They are the ones who benefit from this current system.

Again, family, religion, and education can solve many of these problems. That should be the course we all take.
I don't necessarily disagree but it should be noted Blacks have the highest church attendance rates and religiosity among any group in America.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:19 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,167 times
Quote:
Really? So you've never heard of Mitt Romney before? Or Newt Gingrich? Or Bill O'Reilly? Rick Santorum? You haven't read this thread, or any thread about black people here?

Yes, merely disagreeing with Obama's policies is fine, as far as it goes. The problem is that, instead of doing this, many republicans simply grab onto a bunch of century-old stereotypes about black people. "He's lazy! He's Affirmative Action all the way! He hates white people! He's not really American! He loves welfare! He's all about reparations!"

It's nothing we haven't been hearing our whole lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies