Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 03:56 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times

Advertisements

....Mr. "Face of the Tea Party" in Texas predicts gridlock.

Haven't you had enough of these people yet?

I know I have.

Ted Cruz calls Senate Democrats irresponsible, predicts more gridlock | Texas on the Potomac | a Chron.com blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 08:34 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
So, a duly elected politician stands up for his constituents and their priorities and you gotta lambast HIM for recognizing the gridlock democrats will surely use to keep from compromising?

I'm tired of them..........you speak of gridlock?

The locks should be removed from the doors of Congress so NO elected officials will be locked out of negotiations.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:49 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
I don't think it's hard to predict gridlock here. The election changed nothing in that respect.

Usually gridlock is good because government doesn't burden the people with more laws. However, this administration gets around legislation just regulates what they can thru the agencies - or they just act contrary to the Constitution.

They haven't had a budget in 3 or 4 years. Reid has held up numerous jobs' bills passed by the House. What should Cruz say?

Old 11-23-2012, 08:55 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
....Mr. "Face of the Tea Party" in Texas predicts gridlock.

Haven't you had enough of these people yet?

I know I have.

Ted Cruz calls Senate Democrats irresponsible, predicts more gridlock | Texas on the Potomac | a Chron.com blog

Gotta read the article to see the opinion of the OP is incorrect.

Cruz did note that things could be different.

“I hope I’m wrong,” he said of his gridlock prediction.

He added that he will happily work with the president if he follows through with his campaign trail promises of creating jobs and cutting debt.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:58 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
If we go off the fiscal cliff because the Republicans have learned nothing from this election then they will formally become the new Whigs. They will never win another national election again.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:03 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
I am completely disgusted.. I say don't compromise, but rather roll over and give the liberals all that they want... It will crash into ashes on the floor and they will have no-one to blame but themselves. Bring on the crash, let's get the unavoidable over with.

Last edited by freightshaker; 11-23-2012 at 09:50 PM..

Old 11-23-2012, 09:09 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
If we go off the fiscal cliff because the Republicans have learned nothing from this election then they will formally become the new Whigs. They will never win another national election again.
Sounds like a major load of BS to me. The whole thing needs to be done by BOTH parties. If we go off
the fiscal cliff you can blame all of them.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:20 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Sounds like a major load of BS to me. The whole thing needs to be done by BOTH parties. If we go off
Apparently, the majority of Americans disagree:

A majority of Americans expect the U.S. to go over the fiscal cliff at the beginning of 2013 and would blame Republicans if that happened, according to a poll published today.

If lawmakers fail to reach a deal, 53 percent said Republicans in Congress will bear responsibility, compared with 29 percent who said Obama will be at fault and 10 percent who chose both sides.

Majority Says U.S. Won

Old 11-23-2012, 09:22 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:

Obama has always been vocal about letting the tax cuts for the rich expire while keeping them for the middle class.....that was his campaign. I think more people will blame the Republicans since they are perceived as the party who looks out for the rich and ignores the middle class.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:48 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Sounds like a major load of BS to me.
Then you have not been paying attention for the last two years.

The fiscal cliff is not a fiscal crisis at all. It is a political crisis for which Republicans bear complete responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies