Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 10:57 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,118,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Your reply has noting to do with what I wrote. I look look at your educational background after reading your guttural English reply.. My guess is you were pizzedoff by getting slapped across the face with reality and were just striking out, no matter how foolish it makes you look...!
Of course it does. It's not my fault that you can't connect the dots. But as a peace offering, I'll throw you this bone: 10th grade is when you should have learned what a "communist" is, which you don't, which leads me to believe that you didn't "cotton to book learnin'"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 11:00 AM

73,050 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Of course it does. It's not my fault that you can't connect the dots. But as a peace offering, I'll throw you this bone: 10th grade is when you should have learned what a "communist" is, which you don't, which leads me to believe that you didn't "cotton to book learnin'"
I learned what a Communist was when I was in the 5th grade.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:02 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Cause we won and they lost. Otherwise, they wouldn't care.
^^^

Now, somebody please explain to me WHY there is a perception that Liberals are the more "intelligent" faction.....

Old 11-28-2012, 11:06 AM

73,050 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
^^^

Now, somebody please explain to me WHY there is a perception that Liberals are the more "intelligent" faction.....
Explain this. Why is it that the states with some of the most educated populations voted blue? Why is it that some of the reddest states have some of the lowest levels of educational attainment from college onward? Correlation is not causation, but you might want to look at some of this.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:27 AM

31,083 posts, read 22,113,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
What's ironic is what people who say this don't notice--i.e that blacks have regularly voted for white candidates at all levels of government since they first got the franchise. White voters, by contrast, almost never vote for black candidates at any level.
Party affiliation trumps race almost every time. White conservatives seem to have no problem voting for black man in Arizona of all places. He lost out to a Dem, Kyrsten Sinema, a women who came out as Bi-sexual after the race. (Who comes out as a Bi-sexual is beyond me). If she came out as Bi-sexual before the race Vernon probably would have won.
Kyrsten Sinema, Vernon Parker race: Sinema wins in Arizona's 9th Congressional District

Old 11-28-2012, 11:50 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,118,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I learned what a Communist was when I was in the 5th grade.
Eek... then it looks like I might have given him too much credit...

Old 11-28-2012, 11:59 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Explain this. Why is it that the states with some of the most educated populations voted blue? Why is it that some of the reddest states have some of the lowest levels of educational attainment from college onward? Correlation is not causation, but you might want to look at some of this.
"Educated" becomes a VERY marginalized term when you soon discover that US colleges put out more jobs into the help sector and other useless majors...like art degrees...

You might want to "look into" the weight the term "educated" holds.....education does not = vocation.

It becomes doubly ironic when you consider that most kids going through college today are burying themselves in debt but get behind a think tank that wants to run inflation through the roof.....devaluing the very dollar that is going to pay for that education.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:22 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,797,331 times
Originally Posted by steven_h
Exactly right. I doubt that blacks actually understand the truth of why they only vote Democrat. If removing God from the DNC and strengthening the chains of poverty wasn't enough to wake them up; there's little hope.

To ponder it for more than a minute is a waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
if that's the position republicans have, why are there threads created that discuss this topic all the time. I still have yet to get an answer on that.
I don't know if this is how Republicans see things, as I'm a Libertarian.

Why are there threads claiming that all Republicans are racists?
Why do most of the posters in CD replace common sense with ideologies?
If God made us, then who made God?

I can't tell you what motivates people to hold the ridiculous positions they do. I doubt any of them could, with any semblance of legitimacy.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,797,331 times
Originally Posted by Ringo1
Cause we won and they lost. Otherwise, they wouldn't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
^^^

Because they are, just ask one.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I don't care. Nor do the democrats care, as the blacks always vote democratic, regardless of policy; it is just dumb.This practice makes the black vote completely irrelevant to both parties and renders the political power of the black community as effectively ZERO- they have no political leverage with EITHER PARTY.

I would offer that this reflex democratic vote is very damaging to any political leverage blacks may seek to gain and allows both parties to ignore them, with no consequences for either party.
Ok, so if we're irrelevant, why the 5 trillion threads and the incessant interest in what black folks are doing?

Must not be all that damn irrelevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies