Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 10:35 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Nudge my memory - who's outraged?
You and most other statists
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 10:36 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Beck might have the right to free speech, but his actions are showing that he's classless, tasteless, and crude. I don't listen to him, nor do I have any respect for him.
Awww, does it hurt your feelings that someone put a bobble head doll of Obama in pee? Poor, poor baby. I think it's true art!

Old 11-28-2012, 10:36 AM

46,971 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You and most other statists
If that's what outrage feels like, I have been confusing it with mild disinterest all these years. Fancy that.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:37 AM

15,537 posts, read 10,512,774 times
Obama being depicted as a sacrificed Jesus Christ is offensive, but two wrongs don't make it right. As far as Beck is concerned, I still say the joke is on us. He's riding this gig all the way to the bank.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:37 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,636,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Years ago people actually discussed things. Intelligently. And on TV! William Buckley used to sit in a chair and talk to his guest. As did David Frost. A few others. Now we have Glenn Beck and his Amazing Bottle of Pee.

And Beck has fans. Amazing.
Goodness knows we have our own share of baboons in Parliament but on the whole I would say Political discourse in the UK does feel a lot more "civilised" and there is no culture of "shock jocks" and partisan celebrities inciting hatred towards from either side of the Political Spectrum.

I have long been seriously disenchanted with the Political Process in Europe but seeing how the American one system exists I must admit over here it feels like a meadow of fresh flowers and loveliness....

The thing which I find truly appalling is that none of these tactics are positive in any way. There is sense of progress when the best people can do is fling poo at each other and treat each other with such disrespect. I think all it does is reinforce the other's side disrespect and negative views and in the end you end up with a political fallow field where there is no way forward and sterility of thought and policy beckons. It is IMO the equivalent of scorched earth policy , where you are willing to desacrate even your own backyard to spite your enemy.

Bad enough in the UK but the US is like a battlefield which is disturbing. The sheer vitriol and bellicose nature of exchanges between politicians and the stupidity of talk show hosts who encourage, nay goad yet more antagonism is downright irresponsible, totally unproductive and intellectually disingenuous. It is as though some people do not give a damn about actually trying to make the country better and would rather cut their noses to spite their faces than do something even remotely mature . The mind boggles.

Just as well I am not in Politics, I would last about five minutes !!! Not that anybody would ever want to vote for someone like myself who really does not like playing mind games and hates confrontation anyway .... I favour a more cooperative style of governance with civilised discourse which let's face it ain't gonna happen....

Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 AM

31,083 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Haha, I think it's funny that many are outraged over this, but putting JC in pee is just fine. You can insult JC, but whatever you do, NEVER, NEVER, EVER do something like this to the REAL savior Barack Obama! Bunch of pathetic statists!
If it was Mohamad in the picture or dipped in pee people whould have died..Literally

Old 11-28-2012, 10:42 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The guy is a complete no-class. I dont' know why anyone watches or listenes to his shows.
Sounds like "art" to me. At least the tax-payers didn't have to pay for Obama in a jar of urine like they did for Jesus in a jar of urine.

Reminding...

Mircea

Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Not to sure I understand.. Lots of Americans, more than half even, slather themselves in UREA. Hell that stuff is in most shampoo and makeup.........

The Obama doll will be cleaner for it

Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Awww, does it hurt your feelings that someone put a bobble head doll of Obama in pee? Poor, poor baby. I think it's true art!
It's offensive because this is our President.

How can you think that it's true art?

Old 11-28-2012, 10:45 AM

31,083 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Just as well I am not in Politics, I would last about five minutes !!! Not that anybody would ever want to vote for someone like myself who really does not like playing mind games and hates confrontation anyway .... I favour a more cooperative style of governance with civilised discourse which let's face it ain't gonna happen....
Touche'. They eventually all come to agreement though. The politicians are expected to speak up and say they won't compromise. Hell, it's they're job to compromise, they are politicions They are all a bunch of used car salesmen and would sell out their mother for a vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies