Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think wearing make up is cruel and oppressive?
I wear make up to look good for myself, I don't care what others think 3 30.00%
I've never thought about but it probably is sexist 2 20.00%
Absolutely - it is sexist that women have to paint themselves but men don't 7 70.00%
I wear make up to catch men - so if that's sexist, sue me! 1 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 04:43 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,694,898 times

Advertisements

Do you think wearing makeup is a vehicle of male opression? Why is there a double standard in that women have to make themselves pretty, but males really don't have to go to half as much effort?

Earlier this year, FOX news blasted Hilary for daring to go out in public without war paint. Among the unflattering descriptions, "haggard and unkempt" was thrown around alot. Had this been a man, would be see such criticism of his appearance?

Hilary Clinton's "No Makeup" Look Bashed By Fox News, Daily Mail

Is the standard changing, with men now being held to a higher standard and the advent of male-marketed moisturisers, facial creams and make up? Ladies, do you think of make up as a tool of male-oppression and a double standard to look attractive to the opposite & same sex?

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies