Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 03:57 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Actually after having 2 kids I got snipped so no pregnancy worries.

Every time I go to a hotel, I am going to finish on every bible I come across. (no pun intended)

Think about that next time you pick up your little book of fairy tales
You are not a scholar- There is no way you have enough knowledge about a book of law that is ancient..to even comment- Do you know how many people I see on the net who use the unoriginal phrase "fairy tales" ? Hundreds! The bible does have some tall tales but it also has some great wisdom and accurate accounts of history....BUT what am I to expect from most - Even most Catholic Christians think that the IMMACULATE conception is the conception of Jesus Christ...when in fact a common dictionary will tell you it is the conception of Mary...if religious people are that stunned _ I am sure that those who are not religious what so ever KNOW nothing about the book of "fairy tales".

Old 06-26-2013, 03:59 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,077 times
This tiny minority of natures mutations are having their way. I wonder if blind people will insist that we turn off all the lights in the city to ensure equality?

Old 06-26-2013, 04:00 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Let's see how long it takes for other forms of marriage to be legalized.
are their pressing interest for "other forms of marriage".

I've yet to see one court case for support of polygamy.

and its a slippery slope argument to say that this will lead to beastiality or pedophilia marriages (like Bachman tried to push)

Old 06-26-2013, 04:00 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
You are not a scholar- There is no way you have enough knowledge about a book of law that is ancient..to even comment- Do you know how many people I see on the net who use the unoriginal phrase "fairy tales" ? Hundreds! The bible does have some tall tales but it also has some great wisdom and accurate accounts of history....BUT what am I to expect from most - Even most Catholic Christians think that the IMMACULATE conception is the conception of Jesus Christ...when in fact a common dictionary will tell you it is the conception of Mary...if religious people are that stunned _ I am sure that those who are not religious what so ever KNOW nothing about the book of "fairy tales".
That's where you'd be very, very wrong. Most atheists used to be Christians. We know the bible inside out. It's because of what's written there that we have become unbelievers.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:01 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,020,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Interesting perspective from the fox news legal commentator, He said that ALL federal benefits would be given to same sex couples regardless of where they live if they are legally married in a state where it is allowed. Also that companies that do business with the government in those states will have to provide benefits to married same sex couples.
And I saw legal opinions that differed from that stance, ironically enough on MSNBC. I do believe this has caused some confusion and there are far reaching implications to this ruling. I think the most accurate thing I heard today that this signaled the beginning of a multitude of new lawsuits.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:01 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,034,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Let's see how long it takes for other forms of marriage to be legalized.
It might be a while, but itll come eventually. Along with whatever else the Left finds a long the way, no matter how disgusting, that they think they can add to their donations.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:02 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,864 times
Quote:
This tiny minority of natures mutations are having their way.
How lowly you think of human beings.

so do you think that people with handicaps are "natures mutations" if they want equality?

so do you think that people with mental disorders are "natures mutations" if they want equality?

shall we ban deaf, blind, and the slow from getting married if they are actively being denied marriage due to their handicaps?

Quote:
I wonder if blind people will insist that we turn off all the lights in the city to ensure equality?
how would they know if they are off?

Old 06-26-2013, 04:03 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Quote:
This tiny minority of natures mutations are having their way. I wonder if blind people will insist that we turn off all the lights in the city to ensure equality?
Why? Are all homosexuals insisting that you marry someone of the same sex?

Old 06-26-2013, 04:03 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,396,298 times
Quote:

Whoahoho, I bet you thought that was clever and witty huh?

Hopefully you didn't strain too hard.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:05 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
And I saw legal opinions that differed from that stance, ironically enough on MSNBC. I do believe this has caused some confusion and there are far reaching implications to this ruling. I think the most accurate thing I heard today that this signaled the beginning of a multitude of new lawsuits.
This I agree with you on. There are years of court cases coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies