Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:02 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Overweight and obese women are frequently complaining that men are too picky and men don't give them a chance. Yet overweight and obese women themselves are picky because they don't want to date a guy for being clingy. They lament the lack of male attention they receive, then when they find a man like me who gives them attention, they reject me, often rather harshly. I find it unfair. I don't see a reason why i should feel sympathetic to the plight of overweight and obese women not getting a chance, when i personally get rejected, often rather harshly, when i try and give them a chance. Maybe if they themselves weren't so picky, they wouldn't have such trouble.

Overweight and obese women should either lose the weight, be less picky and give clingy guys such as myself a chance, or be content with being single and alone. This is what an overweight or obese man would have to do. Nobody would feel sorry for an overweight or obese man who was picky himself yet accusing women of being picky. People would tell him to either lose the weight, be less picky himself, or accept the fact that he is going to be alone for awhile. I have seen such things on this forum and other forums telling overweight and obese men to either lose the weight or be less picky. Why is it ok for overweight and obese women to be picky and reject men such as myself, but paradoxically complain and imply that the men who reject them somehow shallow and superficial?
After reading all your posts in this thread, you make me want to throw up.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:03 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Women seem offended by our feelings of entitlement to sex.
You're not entitled to sex.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:04 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
After reading all your posts in this thread, you make me want to throw up.
Feminists and emasculated males make me want to throw up.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Feminists and emasculated males make me want to throw up.
Well I guess that would mean that the OP would make you throw up too.

Not all strong women are feminists. Does it bother you that women don't actually need a man to survive? That women are stepping over men to achieve their goals and pursue their careers?

Get used to it. It's not going to change.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
In the 1950s, men were overvalued and women were undervalued. Beta males got hot women. A man who was boring, dull, or not particularly attractive could reliably count on getting a wife that was probably more attractive than he deserved. All a man had to do was have a stable job, and he'd likely have no trouble finding a wife. Women, unfortunately, were depressed and miserable. Stuck in the house, bored, lonely, no choices, unhappy marriages. Not much fulfillment in their lives, high rates of depression. Very much under appreciated. No marital rape laws. It was overall a very pro-male, anti-female era.

From the 1990s through today, men are undervalued and women are overvalued. Most women expect alpha males these days, regardless of how attractive the woman herself is. It's not just the hot women who want a non-clingy, alpha-male guy. Overweight women reject guys for being too clingy or needy. Men get screwed in divorce cases, and have no access to paternity tests. Women readily express sentiments such as "down with the male" and it's perfectly acceptable, but men can't express a pro-male point of view without being accused of hating women. It is overall a very pro-female, anti-male era.

So will we ever get it right? Will we ever achieve some kind of balance? Will there ever be a way for both genders to be happy? Or is our country in for a dark future, in which men and women no longer work together or care for each other?
It is an interesting thread, but where are you getting the highlighted nonsense from? Let me guess....from the favorite talking point of today's feminists disingenuously extolling the virtues of today's women's miserable lives.

Sure - there are terrible individual stories from that and every other era. But women overall were happier then....and so were men.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Well I guess that would mean that the OP would make you throw up too.

Not all strong women are feminists. Does it bother you that women don't actually need a man to survive? That women are stepping over men to achieve their goals and pursue their careers?

Get used to it. It's not going to change.
No. He's a human being. And men don't need females to survive. Females trying to be like men is a problem. No wonder society is headed downward. And I support gender segregation in the workplace and in schools.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times
The OP is always posting these crazy threads. He can't find anyone so of course the problem is with every woman on the planet and not him.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
No. He's a human being. And men don't need females to survive. Females trying to be like men is a problem. No wonder society is headed downward. And I support gender segregation in the workplace and in schools.
Sending you a carton of bandages for your knuckles.

He's a clingy, needy human being. Just the kind of woman you want.

I'm very feminine, yet a strong woman. Why would I want I want to be like a man?

Society is headed downward for reasons that have nothing to do with women. Segregate the workplace? What's the matter, you can't concentrate when you have women around you (especially smart women), or you can't compete with smart women, or both?

Old 12-03-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Sending you a carton of bandages for your knuckles.

He's a clingy, needy human being. Just the kind of woman you want.

I'm very feminine, yet a strong woman. Why would I want I want to be like a man?

Society is headed downward for reasons that have nothing to do with women. Segregate the workplace? What's the matter, you can't concentrate when you have women around you (especially smart women), or you can't compete with smart women, or both?
It's nothing to do with competition. False accusations are rampant in gender-integrated workforces. Females will look for any reason to get the man fired, even if he isn't saying anything explicit and is simply making a compliment.

The same can be said in educational institutions.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:35 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times
Really? Please. The eventual downfall of the human race is going to be from a lack of natural resources...a space incident (meteor hitting us...super nova...black hole kind of stuff) or the pollution that eventually will over come us. Let's see aside from the space incident the rest of the stuff is a result of MAN made craziness.

Civilization will exist in some form or another as long as humans are on the planet. There have been numerous collapses of civilizations over the ages and people still manage to carry on with life.

So dramatic.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies