Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 08:58 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
All it takes is running to relieve yourselve of the responsibility. It is very easy for the father to run.
But that's not what we're discussing here. We're talking about (and you're supporting) the legal option that many states supposedly have to allow a father who does not want the child to give up his social and financial responsibilities. I'm looking for more information in regards to that. Since you're aware of it, please shed some light on it.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Typical empty feminist rhetoric - ignore the actual issue, and substitute a strawman argument or ad hominem attack on men instead of making a substantive response.

The issue here was a woman who chose to bear the child subsequent to the man legally abrogating parental rights. But you try to twist it into blaming mothers for deadbeat fathers. Try actually responding to the topic.
Thank you!

Old 12-06-2012, 09:02 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
But that's not what we're discussing here. We're talking about (and you're supporting) the legal option that many states supposedly have to allow a father who does not want the child to give up his social and financial responsibilities. I'm looking for more information in regards to that. Since you're aware of it, please shed some light on it.
And what if the mother does not want to have a child with that man even if he did want to take care of the kid? I would be jumping down stairs if some strange creature was growing inside of me that I didn't want.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
And what if the mother does not want to have a child with that man even if he did want to take care of the kid? I would be jumping down stairs if some strange creature was growing inside of me that I didn't want.
"google is your friend, I'll start you off with this and from there you can do your own research
http://www.guttmacher.org/statecente.../spib_PLTA.pdf"

Also: try reading thread: She's having an abortion - They talk about a woman's right to abort since it is her body.

I find it interesting that you're participating in this thread without having read it and without knowing the laws around abortion. The answer to your question is that a woman decides whether to abort.

But back to the topic of discussion that you dodged.. Please shine some light on which states allow the father to legally opt our of social and financial responsibility of a born child. You claimed I was in a vacuum.... so tell me about it.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:14 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
In the statement being discussed, no one is blaming women for everything. If you read the post, I called the men who picked up and left (after the child was born) scum. Reading comprehension problem? That's blaming the man.
do you have memory problems? you may have called the men scum but you also called the women careless and irresponsible.

Quote:
For all we know, your fathers could have been scum that were chosen by careless and irresponsible women/mothers. They may have just walked off rather than filing for relief. That's not what we're talking about here.
I posted the late tem abortion info as I thought that was what you were referring to. I am not up on family law and do not know of any state that allows fathers to abandon all obligations. as I asked before are you being obtuse? men who leave their families do not need a law that says they can. they just leave

Old 12-06-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
"google is your friend, I'll start you off with this and from there you can do your own research
http://www.guttmacher.org/statecente.../spib_PLTA.pdf"

Also: try reading thread: She's having an abortion - They talk about a woman's right to abort since it is her body.

I find it interesting that you're participating in this thread without having read it and without knowing the laws around abortion. The answer to your question is that a woman decides whether to abort.

But back to the topic of discussion that you dodged.. Please shine some light on which states allow the father to legally opt our of social and financial responsibility of a born child. You claimed I was in a vacuum.... so tell me about it.
I'm responding to your comments. I dodged no questions see my last post

Old 12-06-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
do you have memory problems? you may have called the men scum but you also called the women careless and irresponsible.

I posted the late tem abortion info as I thought that was what you were referring to. I am not up on family law and do not know of any state that allows fathers to abandon all obligations. as I asked before are you being obtuse? men who leave their families do not need a law that says they can. they just leave
The blame is shared. I am not solely blaming the woman. You seem to focus on the blame for the woman.

We're talking about a specific post (or series of posts) in this thread. Why do you insist on going offtopic?

Old 12-06-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
The blame is shared. I am not solely blaming the woman. You seem to focus on the blame for the woman.

We're talking about a specific post (or series of posts) in this thread. Why do you insist on going offtopic?
I have read the thread, the "laws" about abortion you seem to think the thread is discussing have been nothing but opinions about a father being able to opt out. I have been responding to your posts, specifically the ones which seem to suggest you don't know men abandon their families. glad to hear you think the responsibility is for both.

letting me opt out of financial responsibility is not an "abortion' for men. in the case of a man wanting to opt out he is getting exactly what he wants, which is no responsibility. why should he be able to that for a living breathing child born. which is not the same as a woman who aborts a fetus

Old 12-06-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I have read the thread, the "laws" about abortion you seem to think the thread is discussing have been nothing but opinions about a father being able to opt out. I have been responding to your posts, specifically the ones which seem to suggest you don't know men abandon their families. glad to hear you think the responsibility is for both.
I never said I was not aware of fathers abandoning children. I said I am not familiar with the laws that allow a father to contractually sign all rights and responsibilities over to the mother. The poster claims there is something in place that allows this.
Quote:

letting me opt out of financial responsibility is not an "abortion' for men. in the case of a man wanting to opt out he is getting exactly what he wants, which is no responsibility. why should he be able to that for a living breathing child born. which is not the same as a woman who aborts a fetus
Well that is a valid question and has been discussed to lengths on end.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:47 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Not really, but how much influence can/should a man have over that decision? Obviously, if she doesn't want to have the kid for whatever reason, there is nothing a guy can do about it. Would you even tell the guy (assuming he doesn't know you're pregnant)?
It's really quite simple, the man can have total influence over any potential decisions by keeping his penis in his pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies