Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 08:50 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,466,947 times

Advertisements

This should be fun.

Righties, what do you think? Are Boehner's days numbered?

Conservative group launches campaign to 'depose' Boehner | The Daily Caller

Quote:
American Majority Action (AMA) is launching a #FireBoehner campaign. If 16 members of the Republican Party abstain from voting for Boehner as speaker in January, he will be one vote shy of the 218 necessary to confirm his speakership.

“Speaker Boehner has been an abysmal failure as speaker, and his latest purge is the nail in the coffin for conservatives,” said Ned Ryun, president and CEO of AMA. “Boehner has never won a negation [sic] battle with the White House or Senate — and he’s been nothing short of an embarrassing spokesman for the conservative movement. It’s time for him to go.”

The recent anger stems in large part from the removal of Reps. David Schweikert, Justin Amash and Tim Huelskamp from their spots on committees. Boehner has said it was an issue of loyalty, Buzzfeed reported, but conservatives have labeled it a purge of more conservative and libertarian elements of the party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 09:31 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
This should be fun.

More like the Tea Party's days are numbered. With DeMint leaving the Senate and conservatives being removed from key positions in the House, they see the writing on the wall and are scrambling to remain relevant. They're going to ultimately lose this fight, (although whether Boehner can hang onto the speakership remains to be seen) but that doesn't diminish the entertainment value of watching the inter-party battle that is about to ensue. Many of us saw this show coming. The only question is, is there enough popcorn to go around?

Old 12-06-2012, 09:32 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Let the implosion begin!

Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Default a good fight

I wish the Republicans a good fight and I will enjoy the chaos that will follow.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:41 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
This should be fun.

The Republican Party is turning into a circular firing squad.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,757,106 times
Typical liberal responses...you people don't seem to comprehend (doesn't surprise me) that you have 4 different kinds of republicans ya got your neo cons aka McCain,Your Libertarian's Paul,Lee,Amash Your liberal's Boehner,Scott Brown and your regular Conservatives which make up the rest. I say its an 30 30 30 10 split.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:35 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Typical liberal responses...you people don't seem to comprehend (doesn't surprise me) that you have 4 different kinds of republicans ya got your neo cons aka McCain,Your Libertarian's Paul,Lee,Amash Your liberal's Boehner,Scott Brown and your regular Conservatives which make up the rest. I say its an 30 30 30 10 split.
I don't disagree--today's GOP is definitely a coalition party. The Tea Party conservatives--that 10% you speak of--have had a disproportionate amount of power and influence in their party for the last few years. That is about to change.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:39 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I don't disagree--today's GOP is definitely a coalition party. The Tea Party conservatives--that 10% you speak of--have had a disproportionate amount of power and influence in their party for the last few years. That is about to change.
I wouldn't mind the Tea Party splitting away from the GOP and forming their own party.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:40 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
I think anything that unsettles the status quo on either side is very much welcome.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:41 AM

744 posts, read 1,092,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I wouldn't mind the Tea Party splitting away from the GOP and forming their own party.

Where will the religious/social conservatives go?

And before you answer that question, keep in mind Michelle Bachmann, Allen West, Todd Akin, and Richard Mourdock are all considered teabaggers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies