Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 09:06 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,380,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
Brilliant!

How do we discern what President Obama will do vis-a-vis firearms?

We don't look at ... you know ... what President Obama has done in his four years in office ... we talk about what's going on in Australia ...

You really covet that Dumbest Post of the Day award, don't you?
You just keep drinking that red wine and eating that cheese, and feeling oh-so-superior. Do you think we might also discern what Pres. Obama might do from what he has said in the past? Or are you saying that he's a flip flopper?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 09:12 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,380,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
These leaners really are something and many of them own guns of one type or another. I was looking around a few minutes ago for something they could really get a kick out of and found this source of UN gun control that I am sure many of them would enjoy. The problem is that they won't take a chance of seeing anything this good.

UNODA - Small Arms and Light Weapons
I agree, it is almost comical to see Obama supporters sneaking onto a thread about guns to talk about their prized S&W wheelgun, their M1A rifle, etc. Even while their guy wants a ban on all semi-autos and is fine with a ban on handguns in DC and Chicago. Stockholm syndrome.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:41 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,186,763 times
They always did make some of the best revolvers in the world.

They were Law Enforcements #1 supplier for decades.

Now they make ONE of the BEST pistols in the world.

These will go head to head with GLOCK, Sig Sauer, HK, Beretta, Springfield Armory etc...

It's also at the top for Government/Police contract weapons.

smith & wesson M&P .40S&W review and shoot - YouTube

Old 12-08-2012, 12:45 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,434,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
This is what is sending the gun nazi libs into a tizzy. Folks are getting ready to fight off the communists and they don't like that type of behavior.

"Net sales from continuing operations for the second quarter were a record $136.6 million, up 48.0% from the second quarter last year. The increase was led by continued strong sales across all of the company's firearm product lines, including M&Pâ„¢ branded products, such as pistols, modern sporting rifles, and the recently launched Shieldâ„¢ pistol designed for concealed carry and personal protection. "

Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation Reports Record Second Quarter Fiscal 2013 Financial Results - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports
For God's sake nothing is sending us into a tizzy. Go back to sleep

Old 12-08-2012, 12:49 AM

This is nothing more then the tired old wehaveademocraticpresidentyoubettergetyouyrguns crap we see every single time there's a Democratic President and people still fall for it

Bit of trivia, the Smith and Wesson CEO voted for Barack Obama, both times

Old 12-08-2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I wonder if Obama has ever fired a gun?
Anyway, I'm sure all the hand wringing over potential firearm bans is for naught, as Obama would surely veto any such legislation that was laid out on his desk
Does it matter if he has? Why?

Old 12-08-2012, 01:10 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,503,744 times
My guess is SMith & Wesson heavily invested in Obama's campaign. Simply because of the irrational fear they knew existed among their patrons. Same thing happned four years ago. What happened during four years of Obama? He siged a law allowing handguns in national parks. That right. Gun ownership rights were actually advanced. Yet, gun sales spike when he is relected. Guess Smith & Wesson knows their clientele are not too bright.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:25 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,464,605 times
Do you think the gun industry LOVES Obama? (hint: hell yes)

I bet a lot of those NRA guys secretly voted for the guy. Sales would never be this good with some tea party type in office.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:26 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,574,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusilier0770 View Post
They are the standard when it come to wheel guns, but I'll take a Sig Sauer P220 or an old reliable Colt M1911 any day and twice on Sunday.
Only handgun I prefer to a S&W k-frame is a Colt 1911.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:44 AM

1,684 posts, read 1,186,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
This is nothing more then the tired old wehaveademocraticpresidentyoubettergetyouyrguns crap we see every single time there's a Democratic President and people still fall for it

Bit of trivia, the Smith and Wesson CEO voted for Barack Obama, both times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
My guess is SMith & Wesson heavily invested in Obama's campaign. Simply because of the irrational fear they knew existed among their patrons. Same thing happned four years ago. What happened during four years of Obama? He siged a law allowing handguns in national parks. That right. Gun ownership rights were actually advanced. Yet, gun sales spike when he is relected. Guess Smith & Wesson knows their clientele are not too bright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Do you think the gun industry LOVES Obama? (hint: hell yes)

I bet a lot of those NRA guys secretly voted for the guy. Sales would never be this good with some tea party type in office.
Do you guys actually believe this horses***?

Yeah...I bet, that would go over like a fart in church with the REAL gun crowd and the NRA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies