Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 07:05 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I have always had compassion for many people with disabilities and especially those that refuse to be limited by those disabilities. However I have witnessed fat, disgusting, smelly slobs whose only disability was that they were too trifling to take a bath. They were mad at the world because the world recoiled at their horrendous stink.
These indivisuals found it easier to poke at others while ignoring the flies living in the crack of their sebaceous encrusted underwear.
You know that statement could be taken...as you liberals always shout out "Racist"...

Recent national data show that 82.1 percent of Black women and 75.7 percent of Hispanic women are overweight or obese compared to 59.5 percent of White

Overweight and Obesity in the U.S. « Food Research & Action Center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 07:06 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
moochelle loves the middle birdie!

Old 12-09-2012, 07:08 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
[MOD CUT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No where in your rant did you explain why limiting growing, active students to 850 calories is a good thing.
This guy is not being limited to 850 calories a day. That is the lunch limit for school lunches. Period. He could buy a school lunch and supplement it. One presumes he also eats breakfast and dinner.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-09-2012 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: reply to deleted post

Old 12-09-2012, 07:09 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
You know that statement could be taken...as you liberals always shout out "Racist"...

Recent national data show that 82.1 percent of Black women and 75.7 percent of Hispanic women are overweight or obese compared to 59.5 percent of White

Overweight and Obesity in the U.S. « Food Research & Action Center
The statement could be taken as anything by fools, however most thinking people are able to acknowledge it for what it is..

Old 12-09-2012, 07:11 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
These rules apply only to free and reduced lunches. Don't like it? Bring your own lunch or buy other items from the cafeteria with your money. It's a federal program and as such it has rules. But I do think some of the rules are stupid - such as forcing kids to take an apple (or other fruit) when they won't eat it. The kids throw the food away. It's a waste.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:15 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Anyway, while the premise of this thread is stupid...I'll say I find it funny that neo-cons are so concerned about the opinions of children regarding the food they eat. When I was a kid, we either ate what was served, or brought our own lunch. You got to choose either the main entree served that day, or the salad bar, if you didn't bring your own lunch from home. If I had mouthed off that I wasn't getting enough food or didn't like what was prepared that day, I would have been probably made to sit in class during recess as a punishment. Now suddenly people think kids should be crafting the school lunch menu? I find it pretty hilarious.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:24 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
That's hogwash.
Is it? There have been cases reported of students bringing food from home which has been confiscated.

We have Big Gulps being banned in New York City, salt being removed from restaurant food (and from tables, I believe) and other regulations being handed down by an increasingly intrusive government.

We have Michelle Obama telling McDonalds what to include in their meals! A private company being told by the First Lady (who has no legal authority whatsoever) what to offer!

This is anything but "hogwash."

Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
So are you advocating no rules about foods anywhere?

Old 12-09-2012, 07:30 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
I can only hope this is the beginning of citizens being sick of the Obama's and the secular progressives telling them how they should live...

Students strike against new federal school lunch rules
A good sign that maybe that liberal leaning education is a waste of taxpayer money. Good for these kids, an early lesson in government.

The government that governs least, governs best. Now, bring on the fried chicken and curly fries.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:39 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I heard of a recent case in a neighboring school district where a gung ho elementary school cafeteria aide took it upon herself to examine the lunches brought from home...one of the children had a sandwich, chips, a Little Debbie cake and a "Little Hug" juice drink (not real juice). They threw away his sack lunch and made him take the school lunch because the sack lunch "did not contain milk, fruit, or vegetables". They sent home a note charging him for the cafeteria lunch. His mother was really angry, particularly since they took it upon themselves to throw away the food she packed. It's an isolated case, though.
I am ok with the school NOT providing free "whatever the kids want." If it's free, then the kdis don't get to decide what is offered. We all know what the menu would look like if they did.

I can also see a school employee suggesting to a kid that maybe some foods are not ok. Like if they see they are getting a sack lunch with nothing but junk in it.

But school employees telling a kid what they should eat is where I draw the line. Any self-professed do-gooder giving miy kid or for that matter anyone in my family milk would have hell to pay the split second I found out. Lactose intolerance runs in my family and I can remember giving well-meaning teachers the stink-eye as a kid when they implored me to "drink my[sic] milk." I nenver bought the damn stuff and couldn't drink it without getting sick. Same will all the kids my sisters had.

If these dummies learned what they know about nutrition from a USDA flyer that spins things to favor US agribusiness they need to keep the hell away from anyone in my family. Pour poison down my kids throat and I'll rip you a new one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies