Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 01:32 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,595 times

Advertisements

I can only hope this is the beginning of citizens being sick of the Obama's and the secular progressives telling them how they should live...

Students strike against new federal school lunch rules
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 01:37 PM

420 posts, read 335,241 times
Calorie intake is a religious issue? If so, shouldn't the students go to confession? I mean, using the f word, an' all.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:37 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Oh, too bad. That student in the article wants to consume 3,000 calories for lunch and the federal guidelines only allow for 850. Let the kid bring supplement snacks from home, poor baby.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:42 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
The more the government intervenes in our schools and daily lives the better off people will be when they realize that home-schooling their children is the only way to move forward.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The more the government intervenes in our schools...
Ummm...you do realize...umm...nevermind.

Quote:
and daily lives the better off people will be when they realize that home-schooling their children is the only way to move forward.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:50 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Oh, too bad. That student in the article wants to consume 3,000 calories for lunch and the federal guidelines only allow for 850. Let the kid bring supplement snacks from home, poor baby.
YOu better pay better attention, if they bring supplement snaks from homne, or any kind of food not approved, it will be confiscated..
You don't seem to realize, we now have a communist president in power, and the people no longer have any rights.... and it's gonna get a lot worse...

Old 12-08-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The more the government intervenes in our schools and daily lives the better off people will be when they realize that home-schooling their children is the only way to move forward.
I can't believe people actually think the whole world should be home-schooled. Many parents don't have the patience and/or the time to teach nor do they have the skill set and acknowledge base that kids today need to learn. And a big part of learning is learning how to get along with others who may or may not be the same as you are...you can't learn "playground" skills sitting at your kitchen table. Are you going to let your kids get to the work place before they learn everyone doesn't think exactly like mom and dad? Yes, the public schools need some improvement but you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
YOu better pay better attention, if they bring supplement snaks from homne, or any kind of food not approved, it will be confiscated..
You don't seem to realize, we now have a communist president in power, and the people no longer have any rights.... and it's gonna get a lot worse...
After confiscating the food, students are taken to the gulag. They are then injected with methamphetamine, strapped to a chair and forced to watch a looping clip from Pulp Fiction: "...You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass."

Old 12-08-2012, 02:01 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
That's hogwash.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
The OP article said:
Quote:
How long will the students keep boycotting the lunch program?
"I've already told my mom we might be packing my lunch for the rest of the year," Blohm said.
Does that sound like the school is confiscating their homemade lunches? No where in the article does it say anything about confiscating food brought in from the outside. We have a generation of over-weight kids with diseases like high blood pressure that used to just effect older people. I don't have a problem with school lunch programs trying to help change that around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies