Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 02:26 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,009,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I agree but there are people in this administration that have no problem voicing it.

Valerie Jarret – “After We Win This Election, It’s Our Turn. Payback Time.”
Yup - what can you do? I suppose it's "human nature." I don't think the people who gloat would much like it if the tables were turned. If I wouldn't like it much, why would I do it to others?

Old 12-10-2012, 02:28 PM

222 posts, read 232,267 times
Liberal, not a Progressive. Enjoying the Conservative Unhinging of 2012

1,978 posts, read 1,557,066 times
He who laughs last, laughs best.

3,121 posts, read 3,103,481 times
It was funny for a week. Now it's just sad.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:29 PM

222 posts, read 232,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
This thread is a great example of why I have something like 50 brainless libs on ignore. Make that 51.
Oh the irony!

Old 12-10-2012, 02:33 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,009,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
This thread is a great example of why I have something like 50 brainless libs on ignore. Make that 51.
Has it ever occurred to you that this very attitude might be indicative of some of the underlying reasons why the GOP lost the latest election?

You see, an "if-I-don't-like, I-will-ignore-you" attitude doesn't do much for political dialogue, does it?

Like you, I find some of the statements and attitudes put forth on this forum to be offensive and, sometimes, absolutely short-sighted and even stupid. There are plenty of trolls on this forum who thrive on creating controversy by being as partisan as possible. Yet, there is not a single one of them whom I have put on "ignore." I might not agree with them whatsoever, but they are part of the US and thus, they necessarily reflect at least some of the opinions US voters have. As such, their posts are an important factor in evaluating what, really, is going on in the nation.

Perhaps the GOP, too, missed that fact and lost touch simply by turning a blind eye?

Old 12-10-2012, 02:54 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,697,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Sorry, I am not the gloating type. I generally find gloating to be reflective of poor manners, a lack of intelligence, and anti-social sentiments that, in this case, do little to nothing for our nation.
It also shows that they view partisan politics above the welfare of the nation.

No matter how many Snoopy dances these people do, it still does not change the facts that the Obama first term resided over almost $6 trillion in new debt, 16 million new folks on Food Stamps, and a fifty year high in poverty, and 43 months of over 8% unemployment.

I don't see what there is to celebrate, when the statements being made by Obama and the democrat leadership today, look to a repeat of the last four years. We are heading swiftly to $20 trillion in debt, a sluggish economy, and shrinking workforce. I don't see any change or solutions, beyond a little vengeful tax increase talk against "the rich."

Old 12-10-2012, 02:56 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,697,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Has it ever occurred to you that this very attitude might be indicative of some of the underlying reasons why the GOP lost the latest election?

You see, an "if-I-don't-like, I-will-ignore-you" attitude doesn't do much for political dialogue, does it?

Like you, I find some of the statements and attitudes put forth on this forum to be offensive and, sometimes, absolutely short-sighted and even stupid. There are plenty of trolls on this forum who thrive on creating controversy by being as partisan as possible. Yet, there is not a single one of them whom I have put on "ignore." I might not agree with them whatsoever, but they are part of the US and thus, they necessarily reflect at least some of the opinions US voters have. As such, their posts are an important factor in evaluating what, really, is going on in the nation.

Perhaps the GOP, too, missed that fact and lost touch simply by turning a blind eye?
A blind eye to what, exactly?

Old 12-10-2012, 03:00 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,165,567 times
This was a status quo election outcome. Liberals gained nothing. Zilch. Nada. Not a mandate. Not a quorum. Not a majority. Not an upper hand in anything in DC.

Gloating associated with Obama's re-election reflects the ignorance of the populace that put him in office the first place. Apathy reigns supreme, and when it's time to pony up with real, actionable rationale as to how Obama actually "won" anything, Liberals are anything but prepared to explain what it is he won exactly.

You gained nothing, yet you perceive to have gained everything. It's ignorant.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:05 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,126,011 times
A mix of disappointed & relieved. I thought that Republicans would change their messaging to not seem at outdated, insensitive, and quasi-authoritarian. But 1/2 the party is doubling down. On the flip side, I'm glad to see the moderates are regaining their voice & nerve to stand up to the extremists in their party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies