Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 09:18 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,417 times

Advertisements

The '60s..........I don't remember what I was going to say about them. Oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 09:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
I WAS 1-Y THEY DIDNT WANT ME...
If you were 1-Y during Vietnam they probably had a very good reason. Lucky you. No draft.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:43 AM

2,430 posts, read 2,768,111 times
Default Speak to your educated ....guesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Wistful longings for a nostalgic distortion of a dystopic society built on the true " hippie " philosophy of the early to mid 1960's? Or a realization that the "war on drugs" is a total scam and a prime reason the economy is heading over the cliff?
Those are the best two guesses I could come up with
Longings?
Wistfull?
Toxic society (
is that what you are saying?............society built on the true " hippie " philosophy of the early to mid 1960's?
..........YES! that is a way to break in down....where was it comming from.....was it natural selection, as it appeared...........just a response to a Capitalistic decision to sell more helo-choppers. OR WAS IT ...A strategy of War.
Or a realization that the "war on drugs" is a total scam and a prime reason the economy is heading over the cliff? Yes , but more...Not a realization/ a peception.........do we really know who 's smoke we are smoking/ and how much is discharged to blow up our kilts. A Failed war on drugs because we need more drugs on the street?
heading over the cliff?...........Not a realization/ a perception.........do we really know who 's smoke we are smoking/ and how much is discharged to blow up our kilts.

A Picture, from who for what, painted with much expense in the American and World's Mind? Or is it real.......

I start from the the sartiristic position of Will Rodgers "I only know what I read in the papers."

Old 01-07-2013, 08:57 AM

2,430 posts, read 2,768,111 times
Default Outstanding...thoughts

There is a handful of civility and thoughtfulness thrown here like seed.

Welcome as a warm breeze on an early summer day.

I pray they find fertile soil.

Last edited by bluescityleon; 01-07-2013 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: add a word

Old 01-07-2013, 09:13 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I have no clue what this thread is about.
I participated in the 60s & 70s and have the lack of memory to prove it.
Has to be from the LSD - weed was organic back then.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:15 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Longings?
Wistfull?
Toxic society ( is that what you are saying?............society built on the true " hippie " philosophy of the early to mid 1960's?
..........YES! that is a way to break in down....where was it comming from.....was it natural selection, as it appeared...........just a response to a Capitalistic decision to sell more helo-choppers. OR WAS IT ...A strategy of War.
Or a realization that the "war on drugs" is a total scam and a prime reason the economy is heading over the cliff? Yes , but more...Not a realization/ a peception.........do we really know who 's smoke we are smoking/ and how much is discharged to blow up our kilts. A Failed war on drugs because we need more drugs on the street?
heading over the cliff?...........Not a realization/ a perception.........do we really know who 's smoke we are smoking/ and how much is discharged to blow up our kilts.

A Picture, from who for what, painted with much expense in the American and World's Mind? Or is it real.......

I start from the the sartiristic position of Will Rodgers "I only know what I read in the papers."
WOW. That's pretty deep man. Far out. What are you smoking??

Old 01-07-2013, 10:43 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,930 times
Quote:
Longings?
Wistfull?
Toxic society (
is that what you are saying?............society built on the true " hippie " philosophy of the early to mid 1960's?

Is Dubya still receiving royalties from the Mexican Drug Cartel, the President of Mexico?

Is Obama cuttin' in on it?

Derivatives?

Old 01-07-2013, 10:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Default Remembering the 60's

I remember the parts of the 60's ('66 & '67 in 'Nam) I wished I could forget. Yeah, there was lots of dope around but I was in college concentrating on studies and women. I should have figured out a way to stay there but I could not afford a PhD.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:04 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Well, I participated too -- but on the other side, and while personally, I limited my familiarity with illegal (at the time, and only due to age) substances to Budweiser and Rolling Rock (now both brewed in the same plant by the same foreign-owned entity, BTW) I had many friends who went a little further. Most of them turned out OK, but at least three didn't, and two of them used nothing stronger than grass and vodka.

Rebellion against the phony moralism of the day was just the most prominent (and popular) part of the agenda, but those of us who witnessed the "spontaneous" urban and campus protests of the time can attest that the people who headed them, in orgainzations such as SDS and NDC -- (New Democratic Coalition), not related to the moderate New Democrat Coalition of the present day -- had a specific agenda; their goal was incorporation of their following into a broader Center-Left coalition under the Banner of the Jackass, And they really didn't harbor too much concern over the creation of a few new martyrs at places like Chicago and Kent State.

Just realpolitik as usual.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 01-07-2013 at 11:17 AM..

Old 01-07-2013, 11:24 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,930 times
Quote:
I remember it like it was TODAY, man!

The trick is . . . Don't come down!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies