Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Christian conservatives: what do you want?
Allow states to ban abortion 25 59.52%
Recriminalize abortion nationwide 20 47.62%
Allow schools to hold Christian prayers before class 20 47.62%
Ban same-sex marriage nationwide 23 54.76%
Allow states to recriminalize homosexuality 18 42.86%
Immediately deport all illegal immigrants 16 38.10%
Rewrite 14th Amendment, eliminate birthright citizenship 18 42.86%
Immediately end SNAP (food stamps), other welfare payments, and Medicaid 12 28.57%
Privatize Social Security and Medicare 16 38.10%
Overturn all state and local gun laws 11 26.19%
Repeal the 16th Amendment, eliminate Federal income taxes 15 35.71%
Other (please describe) 11 26.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 11:07 AM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,696 times

Advertisements

Even the "evil" ones.....

Guns n' Roses - You Could Be Mine - YouTube

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 11:24 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
One Nation under God...with liberty and justice for all.

Ever seen a license plate before?

John Mellencamp - Pink Houses - YouTube
Doesn't get you any closer to your 'wish list'.
Quote:
1.Allow schools to hold Christian prayers before class

2.Ban same-sex marriage nationwide

3.Allow states to recriminalize homosexuality

4.Immediately deport all illegal immigrants

5.Rewrite 14th Amendment, eliminate birthright citizenship

6.Privatize Social Security and Medicare
All of the items on your wish list are governed by FEDERAL laws/decisions/statutes, not state. No state can come "pretty close" until the federal gov't comes 'pretty close' - that hasn't happened and it's not going to.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Doesn't get you any closer to your 'wish list'.

All of the items on your wish list are governed by FEDERAL laws/decisions/statutes, not state. No state can come "pretty close" until the federal gov't comes 'pretty close' - that hasn't happened and it's not going to.
I've never seen a married gay couple. Matter of fact...it's been at least since '09 since I have even seen a confirmed "gay" person. Let me tell you...they sure as hell weren't proud of it. Everyone stares at them. The POA blasts out of the PA in the morning at grade schools EVERY day.

I'd say "your" wish list won't make it.

Neither will it stop me, a man over 21 from buying a Class III machine gun with a Federal tax stamp of $200.

Shall issue LTCH State. What's your reason? ......I want it!

Mine is a lifetime that never expires.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:43 AM

Don't even let me get into what happens to illegals in the backseat of a Police car.

"Damn cat"....as the LEO slams his brakes on and smashes their face into the cage.

"Sheesh...did you see that sucker...I almost hit him". LMAO

Old 12-15-2012, 11:55 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Christians should take their lead from the life of Jesus. He lived in an exceedingly evil secular state. How many times in the bible does Jesus make pronouncements on making the secular government conform to Godly principles?? The answer of course is NEVER, not once in fact. All of the teachings of the Lord are focused on one person only when it comes to matters of, how to live your life. That one person is the YOU, the individual answers for his own choices in this world and he alone is responsible to God for those choices.

In Christ's summation of, what is the most important aspect of God's commandments to His people, "Christians", Jesus said it was to "Love your neighbour". The term "Neighbour" in the bible means everyone who is not your Brother. In other words, all of the unbelievers. Without this aspect of a Christian's character shining through above all else he might say or do, his Christianity is nothing but a pair of clanging cymbols to the nonChristian.

I have a good friend who has been in China for many years now as a pastor. Does anyone suppose that he is there in order to tell the Chinese government how to run their country politically? If he was, that would be absolute stupidity and it would not advance the Kingdom of God one millimeter. He is there in fact as Jesus commanded to be, "salt and light" in a dark and corrupted world.

The attempts of Christian, "Political domination" in the USA are no different in any way to attempting to do the same in China. It's unChristian to be focused on the secular and at the same time be very lacking in those things the Lord Himself tells us are to be the Christian's witness in this fallen world.
Agree with this. Christians in America should do everything they can to preserve freedom of religion. Beyond that, forcing Christianity by rule of law on people isn't going to cause genuine conversion. It's just going to make people resent Christianity even more. Maybe one reason there is such an anti-Christian zeitgeist in America today is as a response to the moral majority that rose in the 1980s? It's mostly young people, currently in their twenties, who grew up during the culture war that have deep hatred for Christianity.

Anyways, in the poll above I voted only to allow states to have their own abortion laws as it was prior to Roe v Wade. I imagine the poll is skewed as a result of liberals voting what they think Christians want.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:02 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,554,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Since there are so many of you here, and since you are so fond of decrying the current state of affairs in America, I have to wonder: if you could remake America in your image, which policies would you specifically enact?

You're always perceiving shadowy, sinister "agendas" on the other side -- so what's your agenda?
I am not a Christian. However, I think you start this discussion the wrong way. The same type of OP can be started about liberals.
Christians can also state "You're always perceiving shadowy, sinister "agendas" on the other side -- so what's your agenda?" In all fairness, the opposite side can appear that way also. Do liberals not decry the current state of America? I must say they also do just as conservative Christians do. I must say that your poll does help get a better idea of what Christians are looking for but you statement in the OP already seems to want to know but comes across as already bias against them.
I do think they do state their agenda pretty clearly in discussions. Perhap you simply do not like what they say.
I came up with a saying that I have framed in my office "Do not confuse listening with compliance". In your case I believe they do state their agenda but you do not like it so instead of simply disagreeing you words things here as if you do not know. I percieve you do know their agenda and views but instead of simply listening you are saying you do not like/agree with their agenda. Take care.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:03 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
I've never seen a married gay couple. Matter of fact...it's been at least since '09 since I have even seen a confirmed "gay" person. Let me tell you...they sure as hell weren't proud of it. Everyone stares at them. The POA blasts out of the PA in the morning at grade schools EVERY day.

I'd say "your" wish list won't make it.

Neither will it stop me, a man over 21 from buying a Class III machine gun with a Federal tax stamp of $200.

Shall issue LTCH State. What's your reason? ......I want it!

Mine is a lifetime that never expires.
#1. I don't have a wish list. I am perfectly fine with individual Americans living according to their own individual moral guidelines.

#2. I was a teacher for 37 years and led my class in the POA every day. For most students, it was a meaningless gesture, so I can honestly disabuse you of the notion that it has a place of importance in the lives of American school children.

#3. You will, indeed, expire.

And, finally, no one gives a sh*t about what you want....
Quote:
Don't even let me get into what happens to illegals in the backseat of a Police car.

"Damn cat"....as the LEO slams his brakes on and smashes their face into the cage.

"Sheesh...did you see that sucker...I almost hit him". LMAO
You are one scary dude!

Old 12-15-2012, 12:41 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
Hilarious! So what did you vote for? Banning same sex marriage and abortion?

You know those evil Christians want all that stuff!
Conservative Christians do want those things. I didn't vote in the poll as I'm not a Conservative.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:44 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
We don't want change for change sake. We want the things that are good and tried and true by time to remain...Christian conservatives want to conserve social and economic wealth. True conservatism is like the word conserve...It's just not wise to squander wealth through social and economic experimentation. If it is not broke, don't fix it.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:46 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
One Nation under God...with liberty and justice for all.

Ever seen a license plate before?
The pledge isn't a legal document. No clue what your actual point is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies