Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be an assault rifle ban?
Yes 51 42.15%
No 70 57.85%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 02:06 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Frankly I don't feel comfortable answering that question and I'm not going to specifically but if my goal was to kill as many people as possible the instrument of death could be purchased at Home Depot.
Much more likely to get caught or have something go wrong and not achieve your goal I would think going that route.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 02:06 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
The means in the case of 9/11 was a box cutter and the price of an airplane ticket. Two very common things.
And the U.S. responded by beefing up security at airports, making it extremely difficult for terrorist to replicate 9/11. Does that guarantee we won't be attacked somewhere down the line? No. But its much more difficult for terrorists to attack us on home soil now.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:07 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
I'll have to say it again because this is being overlooked a lot, he tried too but was denied because of gun control laws.
Well dammit a good gun control law may work on the next one. No, they don't understand what you said but what they want is all the guns melted down so Obama has an easier track to what they want to do to the country. Keep saying it because sometime one of them will see your point and then another and so on.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:11 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
No. But its much more difficult for terrorists to attack us on home soil now.
No it isn't, it has only shifted where the threat is.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Well, ot I know, but does this mean we won't have to endure any more of those threads entitled "obama hasn't banned guns yet" by 2nd amendment democrats?
One would think they would stop that crap now but they won't.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:13 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Much more likely to get caught or have something go wrong and not achieve your goal I would think going that route.
You have absolutely no clue as to what my method would be but you feel you can criticize it?

Old 12-16-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
No it isn't, it has only shifted where the threat is.

If it were still possible for terrorists to again attack us with our planes, they would have done it by now.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:18 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
"The Blacks" I don't believe this is the racial issue that you're trying to make it out to be. DF represents the entire state of California along with Sen. Boxer. Not just black folk but everybody. To argue otherwise is insane...
You don't think it would be a good idea to 100% eliminate guns from the Black Community ? Do they need the weapons for self defense ?

Old 12-16-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I realize that.

This only the last in a long line of mass shootings.

Some of the shooters bought their guns legally.

And I know subtle nuance is a little much for some of you, but I was being a tad facetious - in response to a PP saying the value of his gun collection would only go up if they're banned.

Well, let's hope they go up to the point where your average mass murderer can't afford to buy them from anyone. Period. Get it?
You are still saying "buy" weapons and I am still saying that he "stole" those weapons from his mother's house after shooting her in the face. The cost of weapons just isn't as important as most of you of the left lean think it is since many people will steal them.

Leaners keep telling me that having a weapon in my house is not going to protect me if someone wants to steal it when I am not at home. I will not keep my gun meant to be protection for my wife and I in a locked cabinet.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:20 PM

Might as well legalize flamethrowers and nerve agents. Psychopaths will find a way to harm us anyway, lets cut the crap and simplify things for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies