Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is there a time when assault weapons will be illegal?
Yes,but not for a while 3 9.38%
Yes and soon, this is the shooting that will do it. 11 34.38%
No, at least not going to happen for a long time. 4 12.50%
No , it will never happen. 14 43.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 09:51 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I have owned and used firearms regularly for 50 years, and I have killed fewer people than Ted Kennedy. Get a grip on reality.
Ted Kennedy did not kill anyone, thats an old and tired bumper sticker. You are the one saying mental things. Its an issue that questions your ability to think straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 09:52 AM

Scarborough on Guns, He was rated A+ by the NRA. Here is his latest view. I see things changing. Only the very closed minded people who live in a cabin in the woods will start to rethink their view.

Joe Scarborough Breaks With The NRA And Calls For Limitation On Assault Weapons | Video | Media Matters for America

Old 12-17-2012, 09:53 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,835,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Is there a line, and maybe this is it with the CT shooting where people will say, OK you can own a gun but we don't need semi auto box fed guns that can shoot 200 rds a min, and 100 round drums. If we have to live with guns, you are going to have to rack a round each time you shoot to slow yourself down, or reload a revolver between 6 rounds. Is that something that could at some point come down the pike?
Bath School disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Guns are not the only evil. Homo Sapiens have a behavioral problem. Lists of wars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-17-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Bath School disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Guns are not the only evil. Homo Sapiens have a behavioral problem. Lists of wars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Car accidents are not the only things that kill people, but we still have seat belts.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:12 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Ted Kennedy did not kill anyone, thats an old and tired bumper sticker. You are the one saying mental things. Its an issue that questions your ability to think straight.
Tell that to Mary Jo Kopechne and her family.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Tell that to Mary Jo Kopechne and her family.
So her carrying an AR15 with 10 30 round mags would have made it all better? If she had a gun and shot and missed that guy in Killen Texas she may have ate a bullet herself. Not saying CCW should be stopped but you take things to an extreme to make a point that can not be made. So you need an AK with 75 Rd drum to protect yourself when someone breaks in? I think a 357 revolver is enough to keep you safe. So by your logic you need a Mini gun with 10000 rounds to save your self from a guy with a Glock. I think your an idiot.

This [on my part] is not a discussion of making gun ownership illegal. Its a discussion on doing something to make it harder for people to do what happened last week. Its not the sole thing that needs to be discussed. Mental illness and mandatory mental checks on gun buyers, Hollywood's role in not glorifying killing ect.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:54 AM

I think we may need a new classification of gun. the NFA deals with the limited pool of automatic weapons. We may need a new classification of gun the semi auto rifle and pistol. maybe a small fee for a stamp like 25 dollars and you have to sell it to another person who goes through a back ground check and buys the stamp. So it will not make it illegal to own one, but as with all full auto weapons its regulated by the fed. Make it faster for processing the stamp and BGC. But it will stop these guns selling in the 7/11 parking lot. Which I have myself done. I sold a couple ARs I built and one Cetme. It was legal but I was not in love with it. There really was no recourse in selling it, if I said it had to go through a dealer and do a transfer I would have had to pay an extra 50 bucks and most people would have just bought one from the next guy selling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies