Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is there a time when assault weapons will be illegal?
Yes,but not for a while 3 9.38%
Yes and soon, this is the shooting that will do it. 11 34.38%
No, at least not going to happen for a long time. 4 12.50%
No , it will never happen. 14 43.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 07:50 AM

691 posts, read 771,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You are forgetting that these anti-gun fascists have been altering the definition of "assault weapon" to include any type of weapon.

For example, California has determined that my Winchester Model 1912 pump shotgun is an "assault weapon" because the trigger only needs to be squeezed once and held to fire multiple rounds. The English made Henry level-action rifle, that has been imported into the US since 1865, was banned by the BATFE in February 1996 because it was redefined as an "assault weapon" because it was capable of holding 12 rounds in its tube magazine instead of the maximum allowed 10 rounds under the Assault Weapon Ban Act of 1994.

You and I know that the Assault Weapon Ban Act of 1994 was purely cosmetic and did not change anything with regard to gun crimes, but it did allow these anti-gun wannabe fascists to ban firearms.

I thought to be classified as an "assault gun" a rifle had to have lugs that would allow a bayonet to be attached in addition to being fully automatic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 07:51 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
I don't tell you what you can and can't own, the Government can and does. They tell you if you want to own a full auto, you have to go through the full back ground check, finger print ect. Pay 200 stamp fee and get the gun tattooed to your ass. This is the reason that few if any full legal autos have been involved in a crime. You cant take these weapons to wal mart and sell in some FTF deal with no ID. You have to find a buyer, have them submit to the back ground check and pay 200 for a stamp and go through a class 3 dealer to do the transfer. Thats another 100 bucks. It works and it is telling you what and how you take ownership. So suck it up cowboy.
The federal government cannot tell me diddly-squat either. If I want to manufacture a fully automatic firearm, I can legally do so and there is not a damn thing the federal government can do about it. I do not need an FFL, I do not need to pay any taxes or fees, I do not need a background check, and I do not need to pay any attention to any federal law or regulation.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:52 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
there is a PROBLEM with TRYING to BAN any type of gun

1. the bushmaster .223 is NOT an assault weapon....by defination an assault weapon is a FULLY-AUTOMATIC weapon

2. most of the ILLEGAL UZI's (yes an assault weapon) cant and havenet been able to be bought in the USA for decades...yet it and the mac10 are the commonly used weapon of the thug gangs and drug cartell

banning guns only hurts the law abiding citizen

I live in NY, one of the toughest states on guns...it is EASIER (and mostly cheaper) for me to buy an ILLEGAL weapon out of somebodies trunk of their car, than it is for me to purchase one legally.
Your definition of assault weapon is known to me and I probably know more about it than you do. I know and have studied the development of the sturmgewehr 44 the very fist of its kind. The definition has changed and so I will use assault weapon to describe a semi auto built on the military platform. So your rants are falling on deaf ears. LOL

My argument is that the Gov. regulates full autos under the NFA rules. So lest have NFA style rules for semi autos. close new guns that can come into the system as REAGAN did on full autos. And you have to apply for a stamp to own the guns you have. To sell you have to find a buyer and they have to go through the same transfer as current NFA full auto buyers. On the plus side your gun will be worth more, and what does it hurt? All you wing nuts out there that said warrentless wire taps and searches were fine under the patriot act [ a republican thing] said its no problem if your not doing anything wrong, well if you ain't doing anything wrong with your gun, what does it hurt for the Gov. to know you have it?

Old 12-17-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
The federal government cannot tell me diddly-squat either. If I want to manufacture a fully automatic firearm, I can legally do so and there is not a damn thing the federal government can do about it. I do not need an FFL, I do not need to pay any taxes or fees, I do not need a background check, and I do not need to pay any attention to any federal law or regulation.
Did your mama drop you on your head, or did you eat paint chips? You CAN NOT LEGALLY MAKE A FULL AUTO. WTF are you talking about. You can convert one and you can if you have the talent make one, but its far from legal Einstein.

You can also go to jail directly to jail, do not pass go and do not collect 200. LOL You are like the idiots who say the 16th amendment was not ratified and I don't have to pay taxes, ya don't do it and you will lose your home, and spend some time in Fed prison. Keep tilting windmills scooby.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
I thought to be classified as an "assault gun" a rifle had to have lugs that would allow a bayonet to be attached in addition to being fully automatic?
Not according to the Assault Weapon Ban Act of 1994. It the weapon was capable of loading more than 10 rounds, it was classified as an "assault weapon." It did not matter if it was a handgun or a rifle.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
Did your mama drop you on your head, or did you eat paint chips? You CAN NOT LEGALLY MAKE A FULL AUTO. WTF are you talking about. You can convert one and you can if you have the talent make one, but its far from legal Einstein.
Of course I can. I can make any firearm I want, legally.

It only becomes a federal issue when I want to take my firearms across international or State borders. As long as it is for exclusive use within Alaska, I can make whatever I damn well please without restriction and there is not a damn thing the federal government can do about it.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:57 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,754,176 times
The weapon was not an assault weapon. In China a nut went into a classroom full of children and slashed 20 of them......In Israel elementary schools are bombarded with shells.......

Old 12-17-2012, 07:58 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I live in NY, one of the toughest states on guns...it is EASIER (and mostly cheaper) for me to buy an ILLEGAL weapon out of somebodies trunk of their car, than it is for me to purchace one legally.
Kind of sounds like our drug laws. Want drugs ? Just go find some kid in high school and see how easily he can get for you.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Of course I can. I can make any firearm I want, legally.

It only becomes a federal issue when I want to take my firearms across international or State borders. As long as it is for exclusive use within Alaska, I can make whatever I damn well please without restriction and there is not a damn thing the federal government can do about it.
Here is a link to the question asked on a gun forum. Every one states unless you are a class 3 dealer its ILLEGAL to make a FULL AUTO. man your an idiot. Is it legal to build your own full auto gun with a Class III license? - The Firing Line Forums

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-17-2012 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 12-17-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
The weapon was not an assault weapon. In China a nut went into a classroom full of children and slashed 20 of them......In Israel elementary schools are bombarded with shells.......
Chinas murder rate is 1 in 100k with 5 times the population, the USA is 5 in 100k with 5 times less the population your logic does not hold up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies