Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2012, 12:05 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,175,951 times

Advertisements

Abortion is not about when life begins, it's about when love begins.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 12:06 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,009,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
So why is it ok for a woman to murder a 5 month old Fetus, but it's NOT ok for a 20 year old to murder a classroom full of children?

The stats are more like 10,000 gun murders a year in the US.
And about 1,000,000 abortions (murders) a year in the US.
For the same reason that it's ok for a man to spread his seed on the ground, or for a woman to menstruate. All things that can lead to another life do not and should not necessarily be allowed to do so.

The bible and the church probably still recognize the sin of Onan as a sin, no?

We do not base our laws on the dictates of religion in this country.

I think it's a wonderful thing that in these days we can have reason to believe that, for the first time, most of the children born are actually wanted children with a lot higher probability of being cared for and taught and cherished.

It is a very ugly situation to force a woman to carry a baby that she does not want. I would suspect that it also may have adverse effects on the child to have such a negative environment in which to incubate.

Last edited by goldengrain; 12-28-2012 at 12:21 PM..

Old 12-28-2012, 01:19 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,558,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Not without throwing up

Guess even though you claimed you had proof...it's really the Catholic church blathering that you NOW claim has the proof.....

I was raisd Catholic....I never saw any proof ever.
I failed you, I am sorry, but, I can say this for sure and I believe it totally. That even if there is no God, the world will be a much better place if people believed in him, rather than the way it is now.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:30 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,193,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I failed you, I am sorry, but, I can say this for sure and I believe it totally. That even if there is no God, the world will be a much better place if people believed in him, rather than the way it is now.
"Believing" isn't proof.
I don't believe in god and know others who don't...all decent , respectful , honest, good people.....and there are people who believe in god and aren't really so nice...

And each kind has abortions...

Old 12-28-2012, 03:01 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,093,273 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
For the same reason that it's ok for a man to spread his seed on the ground, or for a woman to menstruate. All things that can lead to another life do not and should not necessarily be allowed to do so.

The bible and the church probably still recognize the sin of Onan as a sin, no?

We do not base our laws on the dictates of religion in this country.

I think it's a wonderful thing that in these days we can have reason to believe that, for the first time, most of the children born are actually wanted children with a lot higher probability of being cared for and taught and cherished.

It is a very ugly situation to force a woman to carry a baby that she does not want. I would suspect that it also may have adverse effects on the child to have such a negative environment in which to incubate.[/quote]
You suspect right.

https://www.naturalbabypros.com/lear...-health?id=233
Quote:
A pregnant woman’s negative thoughts can be detrimental for her unborn baby. In Pre-Parenting, Nurturing Your Child from Conception, Dr. Verny writes “A preponderance of negative feelings may have a negative impact on your baby, while positive feelings will be life-enhancing.†In Magical Beginnings, Enchanted Lives,Dr. Chopra explains exactly what pregnancy research is revealing, “When a pregnant mother is anxious, stressed, or in a fearful state, the stress hormones released into her bloodstream cross through the placenta to the baby. Hundreds of studies have confirmed that chemicals released by the pregnant mother’s body are transported into the womb and affect the unborn baby.â€
Negative thoughts are often the root cause of the negative, fear-based stress response. Chopra states, “Stress activates the unborn child’s endocrine system and influences fetal brain development. Children born to mothers who had intensely stressful pregnancies are more likely to have behavioral problems later in life.†Verny agrees, “…studies show that mothers under extreme and constant stress are more likely to have babies who are premature, lower than average in weight, hyperactive, irritable, and colicky.†Cell biologist, neuroscientist, and Stanford researcher, Bruce Lipton, PhD, sites six specific studies when he writes, “When passing through the placenta, the hormones of a mother experiencing chronic stress will profoundly alter the distribution of blood flow in her fetus and change the character of her developing child’s physiology.†Chopra writes, “When you are stressed, you release chemicals coded for stress, and every cell in your body receives the message.†Those cells include the growing fetus.
One can only imagine the damage done when the mother feels nothing but disdain for the fetus she is carrying from the day she finds out she is pregnant and doesn't want a child.....let alone if she is forced to carry it to term against her will.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:19 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,352,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Drum Roll please! A little light reading for you naysayers. It might be a little long for those progressive minds out there, but, it will do you lots of good if you can get through it.

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Existence of God
I'm a little confused re the theistic proof arguments. Could you please explain, in your own words, the a posteriori vs the a priori argument? Thanks.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:07 PM

464 posts, read 480,320 times
Now we're using the Catholic Church in these arugement? Same Catholic Chruch that covered up rape & pedophiles?

Let me try this...read up on the history of CHILE! Abortion is a felony there and they are actually putting Women in Prison. The abortion rate is still high and the fear of going to jail hasn't stop women from getting one!

You're welcome.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:14 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,068,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
You're welcome.
There are about 40,000 abortions every year in Chile. There are about 1,000,000+ abortions every year in the USA. There are about 17.2 million people in Chile and about 315 million in the USA. Adjusting for population that puts Chile's abortion figure at about 700,000 every year if she was the size of the USA.

Yes, people break the law but as you can see the law had some effect.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:16 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,094,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
There are about 40,000 abortions every year in Chile. There are about 1,000,000+ abortions every year in the USA. There are about 17.2 million people in Chile and about 315 million in the USA. Adjusting for population that puts Chile's abortion figure at about 700,000 every year if she was the size of the USA.

And people cry over 20 being killed in one day. What a joke.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:20 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,193,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post

Yes, it made some women's life hell....and the men who impregnated them are free....I bet that brings a huge grin to your "pro-life" face....

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 12-28-2012 at 05:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies